It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

to Sue or to Poo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I was in work today and there was a problem

It is a goverment building and there is a fair number of Muslims that work in the building.

It is in Preston,England
I Am from Canada
Now there is a Muslim Employee taking the building managment to court.
They are sueing cause they are falling off the loo when they Poo.
the reason being cause they are squatting when they Poo.

now this is a Muslim Loo

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/13d3af7cbb96.jpg[/atsimg]

now do we allow squatters rights.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0c9741e24cc0.jpg[/atsimg]

can they not learn to sit

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e0ce694cf232.jpg[/atsimg]

This thread is not to be racsist in any way...it is about common sense.
I have traveled and lived in many places in the world.
including all over the middle east..and i have learned to use their facilities without injury,i have learned to cope.
Now if this case wins it will be a disgrace,cause someone cannot learn to Poo in a Loo.

why should they not be able to learn the ways of the natives and why should we bend over to theirs.

so stand up for sitting down.

don't become forced to be a squatter.

There are no squatters rights.

To Sue Or To Poo,
That is truely the question.

[edit on 013131p://f31Saturday by plube]

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

I've given you a flag for the "lolz" because i think this is as funny as it is ridiculous.
I can imagine the case going through and winning because "we don't want to insult anybodies faith or culture". We're too PC, and it's awful.

It's similar to suing somewhere because you've moved over from some obscure country i've never heard of and only speak "obscure-country-ian", not learning the new countries main language and then suing somewhere because you slipped or tripped and the "watch out, wet" sign isn't in your language.

People not learning to adapt to other cultures is as offensive as anything.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

I hope you'll forgive me, plube. This is a serious matter but I couldn't stop giggling while reading your OP (I felt a bit queasy as well).
Anyway, I think that there is a point where accommodating does become bending over, and that the suit should be dismissed as a 'you've-got-to-be- kidding-me, just-sit-down, lean-on-your-elbows-and-push-or-if-you-insist-on-perching-on-top, wear-a-helmet' frivolous waste of time.
To sue or to poo?
My vote is to poo!

All the best.

Edited for spelling.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by jeanvaljean]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Well i was stunned to hear that it is even being taken seriously...and i did try to lean a bit on the humor side...but all things aside it is a serious matter as we are taking things the complete wrong direction....i dont know what is the ABSOLUTE way to POO....but when in England i POO as you DOO.

I will sit down...It works for me.

[edit on 023131p://f02Saturday by plube]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Funny story.

1) I refuse to use public toilets. Why? Because everyone else uses it. (For number 2 -sitting down :: I will use them for #1 standing up)

2) Why can't this guy just sit down anyways? How does he use the toilet at his home? Ohhh busted. He's trying to con $$$ obviously for BS.

3) I was raised speaking American English and at 29years of age, I have never heard anyone say "Loo". You mean toilet though, obviously.

Is this slang term "loo" popular in the UK? It's just weird I have never heard anyone say it before. Odd.

Anyways, I hope this guy loses the court case. It's absurd in every way possible. AND it proves our court systems are a complete total joke. Sigh...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Yes the word loo is a very common usage...and it does fit in this case.

When he goes to court i bet he will even use the word loo...and i hope the judge does as the previous post does.....

right out of court.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'm in the UK (English/British/whatever) and I've worked with a few Muslim guys - almost all lovely blokes... it is considered taboo to sit on a toilet seat used by others, much in the same way pork (yum) is considered a no-go.

As a side note, most I know just sat and denied it in public!!!

A few of the really strict guys I knew smoked, but cigarettes cannot touch the lips (taboo) so they used to kinda cup it in their hands and then smoke through their hands.

Strange world...

I wouldn't want to use a squatting loo, I eat too much spice.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Could this be what fianlly condemns our species to ex-stink-tion?

Our inability to learn how to use unfamiliar toilets?

In "2001: A Space Odessy" there is a scene wherein the character, Dr. Heywood Floyd, is shown reading the instructions on the use of a zero-gravity toilet aboard a trans-lunar shuttle.

This scene may well prove to be apocryphal, if, as the OP suggests, we, as a species are intellectually incapable of adapting our excretory behaviours to the demands of new environments.

If we canot learn how to safely "poo in a loo", how will we ever learn to void our bowels on a journey through the void of Space?

Are we thus doomed to be marooned on this one pitiful Rock,

nasty nappies in hand?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

I truely understand it may be a religious thing...and they can keep it in a religious context...but it is definately upto England to provide for their religious needs in goverment and publicly owned buildings.

It is not just happening in England it happens in canada too.

IT is not the public that should have to pay for ones own religious beliefs...if they dont want to learn to sit in a publicly owned toilet...then just hold it in.

just as i would have to learn to squat in a publicly owned toilet in their country or pee down a hole in some European countries...or use an outhouse and s*it in a pit in someplaces in Canada.

others learn to cope....so should they.

It is not upto the public or the goverment to accomodate religious beliefs.

I kinda like going to the loo after someone...least the seat is still warm.

maybe if we just heat the seat....

a whole new way to be on the hot seat.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

oh man...triggers triggers triggers....that reminds of the Movie Demolition man.

You mean he doesn't know how to use the shells

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
OOh, something I haven't really looked into
But now I'm curious.

I have known a lot of foreign men who either by religion or tradition would go to the loo with a bottle of water but I never really thought about the squatting thing. I suppose I thought they stood on the floor with their bum kind of hovering in the air over the hole. So do they squat with their feet on a normal toilet seat or do they lift the seat first? I imagine lifting the seat up would make it a bit wobbly for them, uncomfy on the feet, and a bummer if you're on the heavy side. But if you're actually putting your feet on the seat where I'm supposed to put my bottom then that's quite offensive to me when I come to think about it. Can you get verrucas on your bum then?
Back to the story. I bet this guy sues and wins. This is the UK we're talking about isn't it? Aye, he'll win.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I was told by the caretaker of the building it is aparently common practice and the are lifting the seat and putting their feet on the thin edge of the wedge.

also another issue is....but not part of the case is they are damaging the floors in the loo's as they are then washing their feet in the sink.

i mean if you are placing your feet there i guess they could need washing after.

now that was a sidenote i found strange cause it is ok to have your feet touch a much dirtier area of a toilet....but not ok too have your bottom cheeks come in contact.

but, I still think the issue is common sense and fitting in with the natives.

I refuse to become a Squatter.

I am a siter all the way.

[edit on 033131p://f13Saturday by plube]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Its done because its considered unclean, just as eating with the hand that you wipe with, and its insult to wave that same hand at someone, because you are implying some things.

Anyway, it is unclean. That's why most people use disposable toilet covers.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Zaxxon]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This is just too funny to give a # about lmao
sorry mods I just couldnt resist

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
flagged for lulz.

this is a true conspiracy in the making. do not conform to squatters.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Damn I feel like I learned something today!!! I never even knew of such things/problems. Well in America we always say sh*t or get off the pot right!!!! Sometimes I wish these issues were the extreme of what was at hand in the world issue department. How simpler life would be lol..This is the laugh I needed today.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Wow. Well not to be disrespectful at all to other cultures, but someone was saying that it's considered unclean to sit on a public toilet seat, and such, but from looking at the photo of the loo in the OP, all I can think of is how nasty the floors and rims of toilets in public places can be! Pee on the floor, ick!

But on another note, I did read somewhere that squatting was how our bodies were meant to take a poo.

Well, I loves me some toilet though - quite the convenience.

So, Tigger was looking for Poo. . .

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by lel1111

I would highly suggest not wearing flip flops or croc's in those bathrooms!!!! LOL

Ex

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

One Guestion if I may...

Where's the toilet tissue??

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join