It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9,103 locations that collect top secret info in the U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
If there are 9103 known locations, how many don't we know about?

The Washington Post published an expansive three-day series last month about "Top Secret America" - the vast intelligence-gathering network that has arisen across the United States since Sept. 11, 2001.

The series includes an interactive map that identifies 9,103 locations where government organizations and private companies are involved in top-secret intelligence gathering, including one in Durango

durangoherald.com...

TOP SECRET AMERICA

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
this is very interesting, i always assumed the government was gathering a lot more on us than we thought. how great that it's legal for them to spy on us now. they have way more sophisticated stuff than you think, they can analyze patterns and do crap the average person would never think of.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Well, you don't know about the 300,000,000 plus who have been gathering their own intelligence. What these 9,103 some odd locations have is circumstantial, and doesn't mean anything. It's not worth more than the information I have gathered on them. They only have 1 facet of the whole story, and they gathered an opinion based on that bias.
Now they have a large stockpile of ammunition, so I suppose they have more weight in their opinion? No they don't. I encourage the authorities to wage war against the people. I may have no ammunition, but I have intelligence on their patterns.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Thanks for sharing this with us.

i havn't went through the entire list yet, but i think Lockheed Marten Information Technologies should be on that list.

after serving 11 years in the usaf i received my 214, which is a cryptic summary of one's service after they "get out".

i was surprised to learn that a company or corporation gets all the information gathered or collected on me throughout my entire service.

i'm still not sure why it is in the best interests of americans for Lockheed Marten Information Technologies to have my dna, but according to official paperwork, they have my dna, and the dna of all service members.

wonder what they are doing with the military service members' dna and all other information?

www.lockheedmartin.com...

information technologies and psyops are some interesting fields of study if one is into secretive stuff.

thought i would share, and thanks to the op for sharing, too,
et

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Seeing as most if not all of this began immediately after 9/11 makes me believe, even more than ever, that this was all planned ala Operation Northwoods well ahead of time by the Powers That Be.

If you look at what is currently being implemented, first with the Patriot Act, they are in essence making it considerably more difficult for those of us who realize that something is wrong here in the US, to freely communicate. By monitoring everything that we see on TV, say....and even type here on ATS.

That's why I will always believe that 9/11 was an inside job.

Where is Jesse Ventura when we need him ?!

Is he here on ATS at all ?

We need him to get vocal and run with Ron Paul....at least to make a statement against the Status Quo NWO coalition of government.

Because the NWO agenda is running full speed ahead.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by nh_ee]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Haha. According to this Washington Post article, my company does top secret work in:
Air and satellite operations
Border control
Building and personal security
Counter-IED explosives operations
Counterintelligence
Cyber operations
Disaster preparedness
Ground force operations
Intelligence analysis
Law enforcement
Management consulting and administration
Naval operations
Nuclear operations
Psychological operations
Specialized military operations
Technical intelligence
Training
Weapons technology

And I thought I just sat at a computer all day.

Edit:
Holy crap, I can't find another company listed in that many categories of TS work. Not even Lockheed Martin or General Dynamics.

Edit:
Ok, L-3 is listed in more categories, but they just provide networks and stuff for people who do real work.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by shmuu]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Lockheed Martin info has been around a long time writing software for the public sector. Their screw ups (multi-million dollar contracts for software that doesn't work) are legendary. If Lockheed is spying on my with software, I feel quite safe. ;-)

In November 1997, after spending $111 million, the state canceled its contract with Lockheed Martin Information Management Systems to build and operate a statewide child support database.

Lockheed idiot coders

I read this Washington Post article when it came out. I had high hopes they discovered something interesting, but of the CA and NV companies, I knoew nearly all of them. These are simply military contractors. Your local police probably do more spying than these contractors, and without a doubt, Google is a bigger invasion of your privacy.

Here is an example of police spying:
Peace Fresno infiltration

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by shmuu

L-3 has it's spooks. They are part of FEST, or at least their "COMCO" plane is used by FEST.

Often quite legitimate military contractors are used to funnel money for covert activity. Take California Microwave for example. They were fronting the money for the CIA in Columbia. If it wasn't for one of the CIA Cessna Caravans crashing, nobody would have been the wiser. I doubt any of the men taken hostage by FARC from Cal Micro ever set foot into Cal Micro's building. They were most likely phantom employees.

top topics

join