It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aid worker killings: Part of Taliban strategy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It seems as if the Taliban is definately taking responsibility of the 10 aid workers killed on thursday, including 6 American doctors.

The Taliban took credit for one of the deadliest attacks yet on aid workers in Afghanistan, saying the Christian charity workers were proselytizing to poor villagers – a charge that the International Assistance Mission, which dispatched the team, denies.

www.csmonitor.com...

If this is how the Taliban is going to fight from now on I feel sorry for all of the aid workers over their right now.

The International Assistance Mission has operated in Afghanistan since 1962. They have been trying to help since before the U.S. invaded.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The Taliban were created By Zbigniew Brzinzski..to lure the Russians into Afghnistan...and now it is the US's turn (nato shmato)...
White guys don't walk in the wrong neigbourhoods in the big US cities....

Having said that:

I wouldn't be surprised if they were martyred by their own side like Pat Tillman the American football star that Bush falsely claimed was heroically killed in a Taliban ambush, and it turned out was killed by US special Ops.
Just for the PR value.

I'm sure they are aware that Bush said god told him to go to War in their part of the world and they have heard that the Reverend Hagee has said that Hitler was doing god's work.

They were warned not to go there, what with all the drone attacks on wedding and schools there is a good chance they were just in the wrong batch of innocent people ...those drones are notorious for not being able to distinguisher between innocent and US supported drug lords.

The Taliban also most likely know that the gulf of Tonkin was a false flag Op and they know what the VC had to do to defeat the far larger invading US army.

Those Doctors could have done quite well in areas that are Christian and can't get health care like isolated communities in Alaska,

Well it is a sorry thing that the good doctors are dead, hopefully they are in a better place...
I sure am sorry to hear of their, or anyone's untimely death, but they were warned, and they knew the possible consequences...
The same doctors may have said it is "god's will"...
Christians say that all the time when it suits them, why not now?

This may be martyrdom for the cause,
But with out proof, should the blame be on the Afghanis?

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
It seems that many Afghans too believe that the US is funding the Taliban.

This has been reported in UK Guardian article below.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

like you said on the other thread...
"Good cop, Bad cop"

Ps My condolences to the familie of all the dead.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I was listening to the radio & the lady talking was perplexed that the Taliban only took credit well after the event was publicized. She thought they would have announced it after they did it getting the jump on the news. It appeared to her that they didn't really do it but since no one else was taking the blame...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I predicted to my friends and family that this site and others would blame the missionaries for their own murder and imply that they deserved it. Way to go. No thanks for fulfilling my prediction. The insane left knows no bounds with regards to their moral free fall.

I blame the Taliban and Muslim extremism for this. ie blame the perp.s not the victims. What the Taliban don't realize is that there is a God who see's everything, including the blackness of men's hearts and that God, is clearly not the one they worship.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

If you step out into the hi way and get nailed by a transport who's fault is it?
Yours, the transport that hasn't got time to stop, or god's fault?
To blame the Muslims without proof while there is proof of all kinds that there are others murdering for their own agendas, is typical faux Christian simplistic silliness. IMHO

You can't even prove the Afghanis had anything to do with 911, but we can prove they offered OBL up to international justice. All they asked for was proof...did they get any? NO! What they got is drones murdering innocent people all over the place, and US troops guarding the opium that is killing people all over the place ...The Russians asked the US to stop with the opium because it is killing their people, Did the Christaian US stop? Nope
I am told all the time by Christians that the US is a Christain country...
who am I to argue...

and you wonder why Gandhi said:
“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”
Look what the Christian British did to India.

Those Doctors were warned: "don't go there."
They trusted their version of "god"
their version of "God" let them down
or took them up depending on your point of view

Thats the facts, so don't take it out on us/Me please.

Saying "I knew that people would blame the man who was told not to put his head in the meat grinder for putting his head in the meat grinder "
Does not absolve the man who was warned not to put his head in the meat grinder for the crime of putting his head in the meat grinder.

Some might call knowingly going into certain death suicide
Does that mean they don't get to go to heaven now?

Why is it so called xians think they have the right to do things like this
and not accept it as Gods will?

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Apparently what you failed to notice is that this particular missionary group has been in Afghanistan for over 30 years and was there prior to the Soviet occupation, let alone the American one. Moreover it is international in nature, with workers helping from all over the world.

So actually they were there first, even before the Taliban. Try to learn some basic moral thinking here. It will serve you well. When someone brutally slaughters innocent people, it's best to blame the murderers and not the victims. I know it's hard to grasp. After this you can step up to the idea that when a rape occurs you should blame the rapist and not the victim. Once these concepts are mastered you might actually grasp the idea that good does not equal evil.

Glad to be of service.

top topics

join