It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plugging the WikiLeak: What can the government do?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Has anyone read Dan Brown's novel Digital Fortress? This seems to be an appropraite place to mention his fictional story about the NSA.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by RockCreekMan

Sounds like Digital Fortress to me, but I do not want to be a spoiler for the book.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Corporations & Governments can and probably will continue to push for tighter laws in order to continue to obscure the truth for their own personal gain & profit.

They claim that lives may have been compromised by the release of such information, yet it is the exact opposite - their lies and deception that has directly put our young men at risk of death unnecessarily and perhaps compromising all our futures by creating more enemies.

While they can put some people in jail, they will never stop the people from speaking their minds while exposing truths on the internet and they can't technically shut it down.

For the moment the people who happen to be involved in Wikileaks are technically more gifted then the people who want to see these sites shut down and while they may achieve temporary blockages from time to time it's my belief that freedom of truth will prevail.

Originally posted by zarp3333

We are living in the most amazing times in the history of humankind.

I love wikileaks. I love ATS and I can't wait to feel what everybody is thinking.

Amen -may the truth set us all free - at last.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by RockCreekMan
ATS friends. Here is something to ponder. I would love to hear some feedback regarding this. I have not seen this theory anywhere on this board about this.

You must not be paying much attention to the threads you respond to, because 'your' theory has already been posted several times - in this very thread, not to mention I have seen it mentioned in other threads on ATS as well for a long, long time.

Regardless, I think the theory is certainly possible, but it seems like it would take a fantastic stretch of logic to use the 'threat' of wikileaks to somehow assert more control over the internet. But then again, if people actually used logic then our world would be a completely different place - I can dream can't I?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by I AM LEGION

From the US government and military's point of view, this has nothing to do with 'national security', Which in itself is a too often used method to whitewash anything it doesn't want the people to know. They use it so often, they may as well just say "Because we said so!"

This has no real implications for national security, only implications for the government and it's individuals' own security.

What if the insurance file contains the real reasons for the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq?

What if it has documented evidence that leads a trail back to 9/11 false flag conspirators, and the trail starts at the doors of those who are suspected as orchestrating the attacks, within the US and Israeli governments and agencies and ends in the rich oil fields and mineral deposits of Iraq and Afghanistan?

If it turned out to be so, would most people care?

Is being able to drive your vehicle for under $4 a gallon a good enough reason for over a million civilians, and thousands of young soldiers to be snuffed out of existence in horrific circumstances?

I've seen the propaganda posts on here already. I've seen the plants busy trying to stain Wiki-leaks and turn opinion against them. The war has started, and is a reminder to us all, that from this point on, things are not going to always be what the seem to be on this issue.

If you don't have your 'insurance file' already downloaded and secured folks, i'd say get it sooner rather than later, and be careful where you get it from. It's certain there are already government fakes being widely circulated even now.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
the founder has admitted so by admitting he falsifies evidence to prove an agenda (yes, he admitted it, publicly...and you all still drool over him)

Source on that ?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I believe this will bear to follow and watch, to see what the government will actually do. I believe this is going to go to court, and the arguments will be that Wikileaks is a valid media outlet, and the information presented is of the public interest. The Pentagons position will be to ask the court to define what is a media outlet, and that the information being released is going to hurt the national security. If the court finds in favor of the pentagon and the federal government, it will be the first blow to the freedom of the internet and blogs online. If it in favor of Wikileaks, then the pentagon will have to figure out who leaked the information, answer for it, and then rectify the situation.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
So what's the deal? A few days ago many on ATS were expressing distrust of Wikileaks and their intentions. Now we're back to thinking they're the real deal and that they are a real threat to the government's secrets?

Maybe Wikileaks is just another of the government's "operations" that's being used to establish grounds to censor other websites by making the public believe our national security is under some kind of cyber attack.

I am not going to purport that I represent the opinion of "many on ATS"...this is a discussion board and one that necessarily requires many opinions.

Mine?

I think WikiLeaks is the real deal. I of course entertain the idea of a false flag for the control of the internet but there is one thing that sticks out when I recall the video Wiki released...and a point that I think many may have missed.

The military operates on an either/or basis...and the extinguishing of lives based on their regional affiliation...women/children and media for gawds sake...denotes that the military in some cases are committing criminal acts that are rationalized through ideology.

Do I want a war where people die whom did not deserve it?

Hell no. And some of these brainwashed individuals are coming home thinking they are heroes.

On that note, yes, I think Wiki is the real deal and this is something that needs to be worked out. Military procedure and the individual motivations for the use of force are inconsistent and need correcting.

Collateral Damage is a term I want out of our vernacular...because it is unacceptable behaviour.

Especially when it is a very real possibility that the war was contrived for the "Military Industrial Complex" (overused term for sure but still apllicable)...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.Morrison

Originally posted by I AM LEGION
Does anyone remember how people like Dick Cheney disclosed the identity of under cover CIA agents (Valerie Palma), and it was OK to print that. Why didn't these so called experts raised the possibility of destroying, striking or eliminating that leak source? Or do we need some kind of referee to tell us which leaks are ok and which are not.

Its ok to print that because its Cheney-
the same man who was in power in 75' & collaborated in conspiring against P.O.W's returning from 'nam-
P.O.W's brainwashed with the 'artichoke' interrogation techniques picked up from/shared with the Nazi's -
Brainwashed because they publically revealed the truth regarding the use of germ bombs-
the germ bombs that included anthrax-
which was invented in an american laboratory by Frank Olsen-
The man who participated in human experimentation & torture/interrogations (MK-Ultra) in one of the CIA HQ's in europe;
and who was later murdered in 1953 by his employer for being a leaky bucket.

As proven by his son, Eric Olsen, in the documentary "Biological warfare & the CIA: Project Artichoke"

Dick Cheyney-
A proven conspirator against his own countrymen, and in the last decade brought back into power by the very people he conspired against.

-B.M

I never repost huge quotes...but will in this case.

MK_Ultra never stopped. And it is my suspicion that this is the ultimate of whistleblowing that will occur...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

the founder has admitted so by admitting he falsifies evidence to prove an agenda (yes, he admitted it, publicly...and you all still drool over him)

I may have missed your response in another thread...but is there a link to the above statement?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I wouldnt say there's a mass 'swing' in opinion on wikileaks, people on here are just discussing their agenda and motives, rightly so in these times.

I'd even note that cryptome have expressed doubt as to assanges credentials but seem more relaxed about them now. Still posting wikileaks points of view and posts, but less aggressive towards them.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Not only is Collateral Damage unacceptable, its use a term denotes a callousness to the lives of a nations citizens.

Take the missile in Bosnia that took out the Chinese Embassy. That was dubbed "collateral damage", and China just shrugs it off like it is no big deal.

Our "smart" weapons are not so smart.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Was "Plugging the WikiLeak" meant to be a double-entendre?

Ballywho? Ballyho! Hang 'em high by the yardarm. Swash their peanut butter buckles.

[edit on 8/9/2010 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

I may have missed your response in another thread...but is there a link to the above statement?

add me and you now have 3 people asking for a source...

If MKUltra's continuation was whistleblown wide open..and it WAS the ultimate dark secret to reveal, I would suddenly feel alot better about the world just to know that Mkultra is as bad as it got...that said..

All the worst attrocities I've witnessed are tied to human experimentation. Just recently I discovered there were secret japanese programs during war times in which they performed live autopsies & tested radioactive effects by tying live humans to stakes at fixed distances from an atomic blast, then studying the effects... America, europe, asia, whatever, their human experimentation programs were/are not just restricted to brainwashing, they all tested their weapons on animals, prisoners & civilians alike. All equally intolerable acts of evil....

I wonder also...what are the works of goebbels, bernays & freud decendants but watered down brain washes on a mass scale???
its all extensions of the same manipulative controlling force. Same with the current state of the entertainment industry awash with product placement & subliminal messages....

-B.M

[edit on 10/8/10 by B.Morrison]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

wiki leaks is a sham

Thought your quote was interesting, so I did a Google search on your statement and came up with zilch supporting your claim.

If you could give a source backing your statement your comment would hold a lot more weight.

Seems funny though how the government and the Pentagon are annoyed/mad at Wikileaks if all they are doing is "falsifying evidence"!

[edit on 8/10/2010 by Keyhole]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarfthe founder has admitted so by admitting he falsifies evidence to prove an agenda (yes, he admitted it, publicly...and you all still drool over him)

No answer yet ...
I suppose that you are just talking bulls*** and your opinion has no real real value ...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Torre

Originally posted by Snarfthe founder has admitted so by admitting he falsifies evidence to prove an agenda (yes, he admitted it, publicly...and you all still drool over him)

No answer yet ...
I suppose that you are just talking bulls*** and your opinion has no real real value ...

source on that please?

I like that keyhole took the time & effort to google search.
I didn't.
What if torre was correct? I never bothered to do the search so never found out for myself.
I just learnt something.

-B.M

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join