It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing video of a sting ray giving birth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I didn't know these things could live out of water that long. I am happy the fisherman returned them to the water.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

While it is interesting to see them being born, they are also being tortured! The mother is dying while giving birth and the babies are being born outside of their natural environment, thus reducing the likelihood that they will survive.

Shame on these fishermen for doing this!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Shame on these fishermen for doing this!

Did you watch the entire video? The guy helps her and her babies out, and says "away she goes" at the end. If anything, the guy was humane, not cruel!

Shame?? Wake up

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
why are 2 white and 1 black?

Can anyone explain that to me please.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Yes, I watched it. It was humane to hang her by the hook while she birthed one? It was humane to watch her birth three babies on the dock rather than in the water? AT LEAST he got them back into the water. It was the least he could do.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
why are 2 white and 1 black?

Can anyone explain that to me please.

Thanks in advance.

The two white ones were on their backs.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
That is pretty cruel, idc if he put em back in the water. Thats like skinning a cat alive and then stitching its skin back on and sayin oh its fine I put the skin back on.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Ok, I'm getting flamed here, and I understand that for a lack of knowledge of these animals.

Thanks for the input guys / gals - most appreciated.

I have 1 last question: "Why was this ray on a guys deck, and giving birth?"

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

No one has flamed you at all! We were just stating our opinions and you laughed at mine and told me to wake up. That is more like flaming than what you have received.

As for why the ray was on his deck? Did YOU watch the video? He was fishing and hooked the poor thing, who was pregnant. More than likely the trauma of being hooked and hauled out of the water induced labor, which he then proceeded to watch and film, leaving the animals out of the water for over five minutes. It was horribly cruel, but YOU didn't do the filming and YOU didn't post the vid. I agreed with you that it was interesting to see the birth (I had no idea rays were live-birthers), but that the fishermen were cruel.

new topics

top topics

join