It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP Interview: WikiLeaks to publish new secret files from governments around the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well if the thread title is true then I wish Assange all the best of luck in bringing secret government info to light.

However I doubt that the so called 'Insurance' file is large enough at being only under two gigs.

Does anyone out here on ATS really think that Wikileaks can truly post this secret information and even if they can will it actually have a positive effect?

From my perspective even in the light of damning evidence and information the masses tend to look up for a moment then go right back to what they were doing.

This could be the same situation, and now matter how many people change their Avatar images to Guy Fawkes masks or want a revolution, the odds are resoundingly in favor of NOTHING being done from the people's perspective, and a long agonizing law suit from the powers that be.

I really hope I am wrong, and I hope Julian Assange and wikileaks really helps to bring positive change to governmental behaviors. Sure they will.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Where's the breaking news? No link or sources?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Eeek...this is turning into quite the war itself. If this is true, of course. This is probably a defensive move all around...in an attempt to stay alive and get the word out to the right people.

I am not rooting against my own country here (the U.S.). Quite the contrary. And I believe there are at least two subfactions within our government warring, and that one of them is actually helping get this word out.

I'm still rooting for the good guys and hoping for a hero or two. We haven't had a hero in a very, very, very long time, and that's pretty much all that's going to save this planet and us from more killing and more profiteering.

Here's the source this seems to have come from --> Source

This story this story seems to be related too.

Peace.

[edit on 8/7/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

Mmm, it can seem like that at times, I agree. It can be frustrating and disheartening to see so many people complacently ignoring the alarm bells which are ringing.

On the other hand, I'm also aware from what I've read on alternative sites that there is also a lot of people taking all sorts of action. and there are also increasing numbers who are seeing what is going on.

In terms of information, I remind myself we are at a disadvantage, because, of course, the MSM is controlled by the criminals themselves. So just as we are not aware of everything the criminals are up to, it is also very likely that we are not aware of everything the many, many freedom fighters are up to.

And I believe in the 100th monkey, lol, and I believe that people have a tipping pointl, and the criminals know this and are fighting desperately right now to keep everyone uninformed. But it isn't working and gradually more people are coming forward, more people are starting to see the truth and more people are starting to take action, ofteh either individually or in small groups. And people are losing their fear.

I was surprised and really pleased to learn that Wikileaks is going to release information about several countries....I think that is fantastic. The wider context will start to be exposed.

There is an awful lot of information being hidden, some of it about the most horrendous things. People can still be shocked into awareness and I hope that will happen more and more and soon.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by wcitizen]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Digital false flag terrorism? Just an excuse to reign in the nets?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Yeah sorry guys this link and stuff accidentally got deleted. Here is the info:

BERLIN — The online whistle-blower WikiLeaks said it will continue to publish more secret files from governments around the world despite U.S. demands to cancel plans to release classified military documents.

"I can assure you that we will keep publishing documents — that's what we do," a WikiLeaks spokesman, who says he goes by the name Daniel Schmitt in order to protect his identity, told The Associated Press in an interview Saturday.

www.google.com...

I hope that WikiLeaks is continued to exist and continues to release info on "secrets" that governments are keeping from the people. I also think that the government is going to come down hard on all people involved in the WikiLeaks scandal.

I don't think that Bradley Manning should serve one day in jail because none of the info that was released is going to hurt any soldiers or civilians in Afghanistan or Iraq. The only people the info will hurt is the governments involved in trying to cover up the civilian deaths.

I also think that this could just be a propaganda ploy by the U.S. government to get even more American people to turn against Iran, and approve of a U.S. strike on Iran.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The insurance file may not be a huge file, but bombshells don't necessarily need reams and reams of texts. I mean, a even a few photos or audios could wreck a government, depending on what's in them!

I sure hope what he has got in that file is BIG, because he needs all the protection he can get.

A guy called Christopher Story, who revealed a lot of detailed info about the gangsters, died recently, just 4 days after be published a statement on his website saying he had survived an assassination attempt which had made him very ill, and he had evidence that BushSr, Cheney, Obama,Clinton,MI6 and CIA had been involved. (Immediately after he died that particular statement was removed.) I know some people on ATS believe he was not reliable, but many people had a lot of respect for him, and do believe he really was assassinated.

I really, really appreciate Wikileaks, and I hope that everything that is good in the Universe will watch over, protect and help everyone who is putting themself at risk to help humanity fight back in this terrible war which has been declared on us.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

How many people downloaded that file?

People even downloaded the whole thing, with that unknown file in it.

Think guys, what is that file?

Think hard..

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I don't know what is in that file, but I sure hope we get to find out soon. Do you guys think that the encryption has been cracked by the govt.? Does the govt. know what is in that file?

How long has Assange had that file?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
I don't know what is in that file, but I sure hope we get to find out soon. Do you guys think that the encryption has been cracked by the govt.? Does the govt. know what is in that file?

How long has Assange had that file?

Or maybe the file is a new age Trojan, what do you think? The Afghan Resistance also downloaded the file, how dumb can the world be.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

or maybe it's not. lol
I dont think so, not at all.
If you knew how these things worked I dont think you would think so either.

Man, even when some good people finally come along,
people still fear them and try to stone them..
You're right.. how dumb can the world be....

new age trojan..

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
reply to post by oozyism

or maybe it's not. lol
I dont think so, not at all.
If you knew how these things worked I dont think you would think so either.

Man, even when some good people finally come along,
people still fear them and try to stone them..
You're right.. how dumb can the world be....

new age trojan..

So you think the powerful US government and secret agency won't take this chance to use Trojans, to easily penetrate through insurgent security, and get inside their system which can expose their whereabouts, and other vital information, which would be crucial in winning the war in Afghanistan.

The CIA has to be the dumbest intelligence organization in the world to not use this leak for their own advantage.

Heck they can even send false information lol

Think about it, I'm the source, the CIA pays me 100 000 to send these files to Wikileak, the files which they tell me to send, how do you know whether those files are legit, or some BS they wrote to foul some people.

Heck they could even send a leak to show how Taliban commanders are snitches, therefore their followers would do the JOBS of special ops, which saves a lot of time and effort, and special op lives.

top topics

join