It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanity is at a dangerous crossroads!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
While everyone is busy worry about imperialist America, you are going to be blindsided.

William Butler Yeats (1865-1939)

THE SECOND COMING

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: a waste of desert sand;
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Wind shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

[edit on 063131p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by unityemissions

Oh yea, that was because the retarded sign said Had a double B. Where I come from a double B means billion barrels. But I corrected myself once I saw the glaringly obvious wrongs in it.

One wrong, however, does not make this wrong. The fact is that it costs 100 million barrels to fuel the army. a year

True. My apologies for judging your abilities so quickly.

However... The U.S. consumes 22 million barrels EACH DAY !! So, 22x365 = 8,030 million barrels each year, or 8.03 billion. If 100 million are used on the military.. that only comes out to 1.245% of the U.S.'s overall oil consumption. I truly thought it was higher
Anyways, based on if your figure and mine are correct, then it's .... next to nothing. There's 133 BILLION barrels of oil in Iran, which would provide us with 16 2/3 years worth of oil, at our current level of consumption. Heck, 10% of our energy is used to keep the infrastructure which runs the internet going..

That's a lot of oil. We could save a lot of time using our own oil and waiting for our new technology.

No. I don't think we could. War games, supercomputers, ... a lot of energy is put into playing out possible future scenario's. If it could be done more peacefully, it would. What is the alternative? There is NONE as of yet. Everything else that's been mentioned is either not a true alternative energy wise, else hurts the environment even more.

And then of course is the obvious question. The oil companies would quadruple their profits if they moved onto more than just oil products. So why don't they? The returns of producing other fuels would be massive.

Please explain. There is NO other energy source which can be as easily produced, or is naturally abundant as oil. The closest that we've got is algae oil, and even that has several kinks to work out. People all over the world are doing their best, investing a ton of time, energy, and money into the effort. It's not yet ready. Even if it is done, it's worse for the environment then oil..

[edit on 8-8-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

They dont need oil. That is the stuff they're fobbing off on us They are the bloodlines, and all who work for them. They have alternatives. This is endless trauma and distraction, if people are waking up, another war or hate-on. They are attempting a negative harvest, and making a fortune doing it.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Can you be more elaborate? I think you're expressing super-optimism, which is essentially a criminal mindset, which makes me think you're actually projecting your own evil onto the world.

What alternatives?

You can't simply say we don't need oil. That's dumb. Of course we need oil, but the question would be .. what's the alternative to petroleum? Have you the secret that nobody else has figured out, or are you just hiding behind yet another expression of a criminal mindset?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Dump metal in an acid. Bam, hydrogen. It's quite easy to produce. Not all acids and metals of course, but overwhelmingly. Hydrogen is the most common element in the universe. To say it is hard to get is simply a lie.

There's many easily producible energies. Hydrogen is just one. there's also zinc sulfide:

hydroxide, and many others.

Oil is in fact one of the harder things to get because of the massive operations required to fund them. Now in the 1950s and 1920s, etc, yea it was the cheapest. But now its 2010. To say it is the cheapest and easiest fuel is wrong. It's just that nobody wants to go and design a brand new system and economy for something else. It's slow, but it is happening. Tesla Cars is one example.

For the cost of another war for oil, you could develop a very sophisticated next-gen energy source.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

many people have designed alternate energy sources and are too scared to release them as in the past when these things are released the inventor takes a dirt nap

oil is control of energy and economy because in this world everything gets transported somewhere and if oil costs increase so do all costs on everything

this artificial control of all prices allows a collaspe when and where the ptb wants if we get to close to real change bamn they start a war to raise the price on all goods then most people focus on survival

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Not quite. Where are you going to get the raw materials for all the products which will be needed to keep civilization going? Metals and acids? I don't think so. There's 900 million cars out there. Where are you going to get all of the raw materials to have this electric-powered car revolution?

I do realize that your acid/metal things was just an example, but seriously, have you any clue what that would do if the whole world switched to something like that? I'm sure you can begin to imagine based on that short clip and trail left..

[edit on 9-8-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

many people have designed alternate energy sources and are too scared to release them as in the past when these things are released the inventor takes a dirt nap

Why is it that someone can be smart enough to design alternative energy sources, yet stupid enough to try and release it out in the open with their name attached?

If any of these guys existed, and was for real, wth don't they find a good hacker who can anonymously proxy off a public computer and release the plans all at once to hundreds of recipiants, including heads of the scientific community, world leaders, and enthusiasts world-wide?

If the plan was somewhat simple, and went viral anonymously, it would be game over for the current paradigm. The fact that this hasn't happened yet leads me to believe that there is no true alternative, yet.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Well that's my point. But the cost is what I am talking about. It WOULD cost billions to do what you and I said. But it costs the same to invade another country. So why not just invent instead?

Oil is control. But you can double your control with double the materials. Not to mention you ensure continued control when oil runs out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join