It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chernobyl Legacy Essay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I searched the forum and didn't find this anywhere sorry if its a repost and sorry if its in the wrong category it seemed educational and it is media wasnt really sure where it should go but it seemed right move it if its not anyways. While I was reading a post about the russian wildfire and chernobyl I did some web searching looking at some chernobyl pictures and came across this essay. It is an audio story with some rather shocking pictures of the aftermath on the people and children effected by the radiation. Its horrifying how mutated and sick these people became. Looking at this isnt for the faint of heart bewarned, but I recommend everyone watch this. Look at what humanity as done, Is the price worth it? Is our need for energy and power worth even one life? We survived for thousands of years without this yet in a matter of afew hundred years we've created and used the atomic bombs, we've poisoned our atmosphere we've poisioned our ocean and and even our land, was it really worth things like this? what will our world be like in afew hundred more years if we continue to let things like this happen?

todayspictures.slate.com...

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Tahuti]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I am not going to even peak at the pics. I find stuff like that troubling .I looked at the people from Iraq that were subjected to depleted uranium cant get the images out of my mind,I watched a documentary recently and it was about how nature doesn't seem to respond the same way as humans.. peace

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Tahuti

The pictures are of course horrible, but to say that Chernobyl has been really a bad thing... To us humans, yes.

Watch this :

Posted by Sandri90 on this thread : Chernobyl 24 years on. By Muckster.

Chernobyl has become a safe haven for all kinds of animal species since man was forced to leave, including a number of endangered species.

Scientists are also coming up with results from studies which study the radioactive effects that do not show what we predicted them to show. In fact the results are so opposite to the current understanding, scientists say they should reevaluate there knowledge on the matter.

Watch this :

Posted by Wolfenz on this thread : Nukes, Nukes and More Nukes! By TV_Nation.

The thread topic is about the 2053 nuclear explosions that our nuclear governments have done in order to test their nuclear weapons...

You see... All of the atomic bombs necessary to wipe us of the planet in a war have already been detonated.

I thought both of the videos were truly eye openers and they've had a profound effect on my personal view on nuclear technology and radiation.

Enjoy.

join