It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Race is on for Arctic treasures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Race is on for Arctic treasures

rt.com

The US, Canada and Russia have launched competing expeditions to map the bottom of the sea near the North Pole.

More than a third of the world's undiscovered gas and a tenth of its oil reserves are estimated to be in the region. So the race is on to claim ownership of the pole.

But it is not yet clear how the pie will be divided between the five nations closest to the North Pole.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Well now this should be interesting. Seems that a large amount of resources are in the region. More than a third of the worlds undiscovered has and 1/10 of the planets oil reserves are supposed to be in the region.

Hopefully everything is done peacefully, but considering some nations and their quest for resources...(US, hint hint), I could see a possible conflict arise. Maybe an economic conflict, but I wouldnt rule out a actual shooting conflict, considering the economy at the moment.

It will be interesting to see who claims ownership of the area first.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

anoter real estate (methane) gas bubble...thanks for the heads-up...buy now pay later...got it!!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

And here was stupid me thinking the world's goverments were pushing us towards clean fuel!!!

Hmmm, guess its harder to put a carbon tax on clean fuel..

s&f

new topics

top topics

join