It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS/BTS Lurker + Same Beliefs = New Member

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Hello. I had been patrolling the site for almost a year now and finally decided to join up. Since I am new, I am open to suggestions from members who have something positive they can contribute. I love THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX, and am open to all opinions.

Some topics I enjoy are UFO/ALIENS, Cryptozoology, NWO and Religion. I tend to stay away from Politics and 9/11 Theories.

I hope to see you around the threads and feel free to contribute anything you believe is necessary for me to know so that I don't fall into the ever-growing trend of becoming an ASSCLOWN like some on here
*Apologies to any assclowns who may have been offended*

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Say_It_Already

Welcome to ATS Say_It_Already.

I hope you will enjoy it here, I know I do!!

feel free to contribute anything you believe is necessary for me to know so that I don't fall into the ever-growing trend of becoming an ASSCLOWN like some on here

Here is a suggestion....don't use words like "as*clown" in chat (or anywhere else for that matter) because that will get you temporary banned. (So does the word "#zu" for that matter
) and it does nothing to further discussions....

Try avoiding bad language and you'll be fine!!

Peace

edit to add:

ass clown (ás kloun) n.: one, who, through the fault of his parents conception, is a skid mark in society's collective underwear.
....I had to look it up in the urban dictionary...

[edit on 7-8-2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Explantion: Flagged! I love your Avatars nickname!

I hope I can meet its explicity stated expectations!

Once upon a momentary Thread of existence whilst me was meditating quietly amongst the serenity in deep introspection my voice was heard to call out "He's Dreaming! Tell him he's Dreaming!
"

and I suddenly woke up... enlightened!

It went sorta like this...
So my I, meet me myself! Good, finally we all know each other intimately!

Personal Disclosure: Welcome with much love!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Greetings, operationmindcrime!

Thank You for your advice about the language. I certainly wouldn't want to piss any moderators off around here. I've seen what they can do to some members, and frankly I've never liked standing in the corner as a child myself

Thanks for the reply and hope to see you around

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Greetings, OmegaLogos!

Thank You for your warm welcoming. I will try to just be a regular monkey in the zoo we call ATS/BTS and will keep my feces throwing to a minimum when I encounter afforementioned skidmarks in society's undergarments!

Nice to meet you and hope to see you around!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Welcome to the crowd!

My only advice/suggestion (other then the one already given on bad language) is that you force yourself to have a healthy dose of "political conspiracy" and "911 conspiracy".

I know you are not entertained by them and rather enjoy more "flamboyent" subjects that are more entertainment then real "news or logic".

But really, its like vegetables to an average 6 year old. You may not like them. You may think they are stupid or gross. But they are MORE important for you then candy and sugar water.

Seriously, welcome home...but take my advice and become well versed in ALL that is here to view.

For example...most of the UFO and spiritual stuff on these boards is totally fabricated lies and hoaxes...but I still force myself to research it all...for the gems and the important rare finds.

I promise you...you will gather much more from this site if you force yourself to research all sides of the multifaceted world of "conspiracy".

Only then will you be left with a full picture to better judge your surroundings and the ultimate truth behind it all.

See you on the boards!

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Greetings, Mr.Mask!

Thank You. I like the topics I mentioned before. I am a native New Yorker (from the city) and do not engage in 9/11 conspiracies because they tend to come from people who are NOT NYers, WANT to believe the government would do this horrific crime to itself because of partisan differences (like not liking Bush, so therefor HE MUST'VE DID IT) which brings me right into the next topic mentioned: Politics. I am neither Democratic nor Republican. I cannot change what is going on in my country except how I vote and that always tends to be for the lesser evil. Too many self-proclaimed know-it-alls- hang around these topics and make it unenjoyable (is that a word?? lol). You are entitled to your beliefs and opinions and I TOTALLY respect that. See you around

Nice to meet you

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Well, I still think there is much to find in both those fields.

Though I may not agree with staying away from such subjects, you do raise good reasons for limited your stay in those forums. I also have no political stance nor do I just point fingers at faces on TV screaming "he blew up the towers cus I hate him!". So I see you point there...

Yup...a lot of folks have a lot to say, with nothing to back them up, while demanding they are right and you are wrong, and that somehow THEY are the only ones with the secret truth...

I hope you do not find that in UFO threads...lol...I jest.

But really, welcome home. See ya around!

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Just for the very fact that you 'think outside the box' I have friended you ... it amazes me that there are still so many seemingly intelligent people who dismiss everything that doesn't fit neatly into a pigeon hole inside that very box.

Welcome aboard and I look forward to seeing you on the boards.

Woody

BTW - Love the boxing glove comment on your profile

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Greetings, woodwytch!

Thank You for taking the time to read my introduction. You are the first to befriend me and I have returned the favor! I hope to see you around the threads and we can exchange beliefs/opinions

top topics

join