It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Link to Strange Maps

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I came across this link after searching for "strange maps", and I found a lot of these to very fascinating.

The first link is the first page I came across, which has the Link to the second link I will provide. I find the map of Antarctica showing ownership by various countries interesting on this first page. Feel free to post some interesting maps you may find while searching the 96 pages of maps they provide.

www.cvrick.com...

bigthink.com...

Enjoy everyone!!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Very cool...

There is a link within titled "#260" that takes you to the You'll Never Moonwalk Alone (Liverpool
) that has a great map and good commentary.

Thanks for the link M..!

* edit to add: MODs - how 'bout moving this to a forum better suited..?

[edit on 6-8-2010 by facelift]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Pretty neat.
On the Antarctica map, I wonder why it has the USA listed three times with sections of various sizes? Why not just combine all three into one big slice?

edit to add: I second the request to move to better suited forum...

[edit on 6/8/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I thought that about USA and Antarctica too. Move to where though? I dont think I can.. but if Mods wanted to. I looked around and didn;t think where it would be suited. really.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Here's a map of air traffic over a 24 hour period for those of you who haven't seen it yet. It's mind boggling how many planes are actually up there.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I have seen threads posted in a "links and resources" forum, but I haven't been able to find it when I have looked....

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Map 131 on page 70, is pretty cool. relating states to a country with a similar GDP.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

This is one of my favorites when thinking about earthquakes...
It is a map of gravitational anomalies made by the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency: (sorry about the size)

edit
:Well heres a link if anyone is interested in map--click on the map on page, it opens pdf map.
earth-info.nga.mil...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
275 talks about 29,000 rubber duckies that fell off a ship in the Pacific in 1992, and they have been washing ashore around the world as late as 2007.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
This one is very interesting.

strangemaps.files.wordpress.com...

303 in particular.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Another odd one

What the heck?? Sorry all, I'm obviously losing the fight with my images tonight....

How does a person put the scroll bar on the bottom of photos???

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Jack Kerouacs hitchhiking map (# 98) from On The Road:
strangemaps.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp
Here's a map of air traffic over a 24 hour period for those of you who haven't seen it yet. It's mind boggling how many planes are actually up there.

Those are not just airplanes.

They are metal tubes filled with humans,piloted by people we hope have not been drinking or is on drugs,directed by people we hope have not been drinking or on drugs and maintained by people who we hope are not on drugs or have been drinking.

And they are all flying over our heads.

The maps are very cool too.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
hmmm very interesting thread

Look at this

www.benettontalk.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This one is crazy! starmap
taken from here.

bigthink.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

On the Antarctica map, I wonder why it has the USA listed three times with sections of various sizes? Why not just combine all three into one big slice?

The last time I saw a map of "claims on Antarctica", there were fewer of them.
Australia and New Zealand and the British "Falkland Islands dependancy" claimed the areas closest to themselves, which took up about two-thirds of the continent, and Norway claimed another quarter.
Then, as I understood things, everybody get together and decided to effectively suspend their claims and treat the continent in a more international way.
The map on the link seems to have claims on behalf of most of the countries of the world. i'm not sure where it comes from.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

its on one of the 96 pages in the 2nd link. They give a discription about it. I saw it last night somewhere in there, but forget what it had said about it, I'll try and give a refernce number for it.

edit: number 207
bigthink.com...

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Myendica]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
www.ctbto.org...I suppose I'll add this link too. Some more maps here.

www.mcwetboy.net...

edit: This one may have been talked about before. Video showing all 2000 some odd nuke tests.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Myendica]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Thanks OP!

I've already spent over an hour reading the first 5 pages of this blog you posted (bigthink.com).
I think I'll save the other 90+ pages for some rainy/snowy days.

[edit on 8/7/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I was up late last night just skimming more or less, couldn't imagine having read all of them. Some of them are pretty strange, and more or less worthless information, but there are a few gems.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join