It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Deletes Suspicious Photos From Archive

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I've been doing some research on the famous "Earthrise" photo by Apollo 8. I've found some anomalies as reported by John Lear, and I also found a couple others. So anyway, yesterday I posted my article on my website. Today I find out that image ISD_highres_AS11_AS11-44-6552.TIF had been deleted from the Johnson Space Center Image Archive. On top of that the AS11 series images associated with it were also modified today and yesterday. So I emailed two curators on the website concerning the deletion. I received no response, but shortly after sending the emails, the image reappeared on the JCS archive. Only it shows as being modified today. I took screen shots of all this strange behavior. Something VERY odd is going on that archive.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Thamelas]

(removed link to personal site)

[edit on Thu Aug 26 2010 by Jbird]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The version from here: eol.jsc.nasa.gov... was not modified today (though it shows as being uploaded today). According to the exif data attached to the file it was created (scanned) and last modified on June 11, 2003, at 1:47 PM.

I see a number of images in the archive were uploaded (reuploaded?) in the past couple of days. Other Apollo images, ISS images, Shuttle images...

[edit on 8/6/2010 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
In my research into another controversial lunar anomaly, I have encountered that a lot of the old footage is being transferred to my alma mater Arizona State University from the LPI and NASA websites:

Apollo Image Archive

But I suspect not all footage is making it there.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Kratos40]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
What are they taking photo's of anyways? I've always wondered. I've seen some that look strange. And have about 20 images saved aswell that look like another Planet Earth

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Thamelas

You know when this pic was vtaken and from where...

How about checking if Earth was in the right position, facing the right way and the weather pattern matches records..

That would prove your theory, unless NASA took the photo from another ship in space.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Oh weird.

The Earth's terminator line is really messed up in that pic in the link.

That is really weird.

Can anyone explain this as something other than photo manipulation?

Go to that link and scroll down and look. It's pretty messed up.

I'd like some explanations seriously.

Call me intrigued.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Maybe we could start with what you find strange about the terminator. It looks fine to me.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Did someone say terminator line and earth rise?
Well, here you go. Frame as17-134-20384

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/83148229a55e.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 6-8-2010 by ATS4dummies]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Thamelas

Great catch there. Just the fact they took it down and re-posted it says "caught".

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Overtime

And what does the fact that quite a few other images were reposted and new ones posted indicate? Maybe there was a bit of reorganizing going on?

Besides, the "new" image is just as horrible a scan as the "original" (it is the original. It's the same image and obviously it's a funky scanning job. Here's a better one.
www.lpi.usra.edu...

[edit on 8/6/2010 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Cool, I can see my house in that pic

Nice look at Australia...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Not a good introduction...

Try telling us about yourself or saying hello.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Niice job on the blog, dude.

Well done..

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Not a good introduction...

Try telling us about yourself or saying hello.

I did...A few weeks ago when I registered. Since I don't feel like posting twenty times telling various people hello, I can only post in the introduction forum. Hence one of the reasons I'm not too active on this site. Instead I post my own work on my own website.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
Niice job on the blog, dude.

Well done..

Thanks

I'm glad people appreciate what I'm trying to do.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Maybe we could start with what you find strange about the terminator. It looks fine to me.

In the link to his website, if you scroll down some there is a photo of a close up zoom of the Earth.

It shows the line and rather than a smooth arc, it is a wobbly scribbly looking line.

I really would like to understand how this is even possible if there was no photo manipulation involved.

If it was faked, I really don't understand why. It doesn't make any sense to me. Anyone care to explain that part as well?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I've updated the two images of the trim marks on the Earth's atmosphere, and the anomaly at the edge of the image along the lunar surface so that people can more clearly see what I am talking about. The new images are much larger than the previous ones, and the errors are extremely clear.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Download the 50.3MB TIF image of ISD_highres_AS11_AS11-44-6552.TIF
Download the 1.8MB JPG image of ISD_highres_AS08_AS08-14-2383_2.JPG

Compare the terminator lines while looking at magnified images (zoom in).

The former looks jagged and unnatural, almost as if the image is over-processed or cropped, the latter looks like it fades out more naturally, see the difference?

If I had to guess I'd say the AS08 terminator line comes from a more natural looking image, with faded colors.

The colors are so intense on the AS11 image it does look like they intensified them and probably did some other editing of the image.

This makes the third time I know of that NASA pulled and replaced images that people were discussing online.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Hello Phage and a good day to You
I value your opinion so could You please tell me if this :

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/061d60938963f069.jpg[/atsimg]

looks like an unedited photo ? Or a scan mess up ?

If You saw similar lines on a UFO picture taken by a camera would You consider that to be a valid photo ? (just in case something like that happens in the future
)

Edit: Nice catch OP , this looks interesting
Not saying I am 100% sure of a cover up yet but it does look intriguing

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Thill]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

nice i remember one of them ,it is a blow up ball of the earth, made out of heavy latex, at least that is what it looks like.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join