It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: General Motors To Invest $500M In Mexico Plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Incredible. We use our tax dollars to bail out GM because if they went bankrupt the world would end, and this is how they repay us. They invest in Mexican workers. :shk:

Where did they get the $500 million, btw?

MEXICO CITY (Dow Jones)--U.S. automobile giant General Motors Co. said Tuesday it plans to invest close to $500 million in its Ramos Arizpe plant in northern Mexico to produce a new line of engines as well as a new vehicle.

Of that amount, the company is investing $284 million to manufacture eight-cylinder engines with spark-ignition direct-injection technology, known as SIDI, Grace Lieblein, chief executive of GM de Mexico, said at an event.

"We estimate that these technologies allow for a 9% improvement in fuel efficiency from current engines," Lieblein said, adding that the investment will directly create 390 jobs in Coahuila state, where Ramos Arizpe is located.

online.wsj.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Ya know, that is the best laugh I've had all day.

Gee, I wonder if the Mexican Mafiya is going to form its own version of the Mexican UAW?

Thanks for this post. It's a jewel.

And can we still go across the border to get rolled and pleated upholstery for our hot rods. So much for Cap and Trade while Mexico puts out those big engine blocks.

One day there will be a NASCAR event south of the border.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by fred call]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by fred call

One day there will be a NASCAR event south of the border.

Yeah, and I want to see the car with the MS-13 sponsorship!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

This was posted last night by endisnigh:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread600564/pg1#

Yeah, and I want to see the car with the MS-13 sponsorship!

No, I want to see the car that dares to spin out the MS-13 car coming toward the finish line during a green/white checker flag finish.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Incredible. We use our tax dollars to bail out GM because if they went bankrupt the world would end, and this is how they repay us. They invest in Mexican workers.

Oh? When's the last time you bought a brand new car?

It's a free market. You either take it all, or take none of it. Too many people out there, just like you, want it their way 100% of the time.

Too bad, so sad.

P.S. to site Administration: PLEASE!!!!!!!! Get rid of that damned annoying and remarkably unnecessary stupid pop-up that happens when you try to copy/paste something.

Jesus Christ....I GET IT ALREADY, you dont have to remind me EVERY SINGLE TIME

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Snarf]

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Snarf]

top topics

join