It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama threatens Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by chips
You know what'd be good?

One mega Iran thread. ............. It might be better than a new Iran thread popping up every 4 minutes.

You know what else would be good.
A thread exposing every lie every politician has ever made.
Now would THAT be a mega thread!!..

It's almost like.. I dunno..politicians aren't strictly honest or something.

I also second Mr Lizard's "Nobel suppository" idea.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Somebody should take that nobel peace prize and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

Ha Ha - I'm dying laughing here - Star for that

Seeing that nobody here volunteered, may I do the deed Mr Lizard?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

Much easier to point out honest statements by politicians....

But that would be a really short thread!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Somebody should take that nobel peace prize and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

Ha Ha - I'm dying laughing here - Star for that

Seeing that nobody here volunteered, may I do the deed Mr Lizard?

I'd be glad to hold one arm. Three more for the rest of the extremities and we're set! No gag, though. I for one would like to hear him scream.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by humbleseeker

I keep reading posts of yours that spew a shockingly extreme pro-war, pro-kill attitude that is alarming at best. If you feel so strongly about WAR with everyone and KILL everyone DIFFERENT then you, why dont you go join the armed forces right NOW. The less time you spare signing up, the less time for you to break the immaturity on the topic.

Hopefully for the sake of mankind, you will come back SCARED STRAIGHT, or... in a bag.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Baloney]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnJasper

I am not fond of Obama policies regarding Iran as can be ascertained by my posting history but let's keep things in perspective. I don't want to blame the guy for no reason.

Obama's agenda was to signal Iran that the United States might "accept a deal that allows Iran to maintain its civilian nuclear program, so long as Iran provides 'confidence-building measures' to verify that it is not building a bomb". The president said that his administration is prepared to lay out "a clear set of steps that we would consider sufficient to show that they are not pursuing nuclear weapons." The president's vision for renewed diplomacy with Tehran also included a proposal for talks on Afghanistan, where the two sides "have a 'mutual interest' in fighting the Taliban."

Will Obama's Signal Reach Iran.

The mistake Obama made was not talking and sending his message directly to the Iranian counterpart. Let's face it this interview of Obama is to western journalist, Obama cannot expect Iran to take US message from news print and journalists can he? That's not how talks and diplomacy is held. At the same time it would be wrong to say Obama threatened in his interview. His interview was only meant to be eaten up by MSM and journalist nothing more.

Typo

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Sheol]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I understand the fact that war sucks. But it is a nessecary evil.

It's evil, that's true.

Here's an idea..if the US decided to start yet ANOTHER war in the region i DEMAND that a new humanist war law is passed.

That NO company supplying the troops with anything from socks to SAMS, boots to bullets, coats to claymores, and any company involved in the so called reconstruction that normally earns the good old boys billions, should, by law, not be allowed to make a single penny in profit from the supply of any item or items for the war.

The aerospace, the arms manufacturers, even the catering companies have to supply their 'goods' and services at cost price only.

ANY profit made by anyone even remotely connected with the war, will be compelled to pay that profit, 100% of it into a fund to support the injured soldiers and the dead soldiers families, and an equal amount to be paid to the innocent victims in theater.

We'll see just how bloody necessary another war is then..you'll find in short order that war is seldom necessary, and is purely driven by profit.

Especially when that war has been propagandized for years in advance, and the guy who commits to that war, won't even speak to the country he is making unreasonable demands of, despite an open invitation to do so!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Baloney

I served in the military for 5 years. So thanks for the advice. I just love our country and I know who are enemies are. So those of you who dont think that are enemies being Islam, like it or not the Islamic faith is not pro democracy and does not like American freedom of religion. The communist devils Russia and China are itching for America to fall. I no I sound radical and that I want to kill kill kill. I realy just want to see the United States as the most powerfull country in the world. Without any enemies who would dare threaten the freedom that our foudning fathers wanted the United States to have.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
All the statements about your president and not deserving his nobel peace prize reminds me of one of ours; Tony Feckin Blair. Along with Bush they crusaded into 2 wars in the middle east, and now his official job? A peace envoy for the middle east! come ooon... The irony is funny for a couple of seconds till you really think about it and wonder who thought that was a good idea.Thats no different from Bush having the same job to put it into perspective.

Edit - agreed that there should be a single thread for the upcoming Iran war. Cant start them myself yet though.

[edit on 6/8/10 by niblo]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by humbleseeker
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

I have to agree, that my United States has acted very foolishly and I hate that we have done some of the things we have done. Its like the movie "Charlie Wilsons war" we spend billions on guns and arms to help them defeat the Russians but wont even spend a dime for education.

The educated are not as easily distracted by bread and ciruses
such as sports, religion, TV, movies and a myriad of other things.

If they were educated they might go listen to noam chomsky !

The educated might figure out the ponzi scheme being played
by the central banks.

We can't have that !

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Baloney

I served in the military for 5 years. So thanks for the advice. I just love our country and I know who are enemies are. So those of you who dont think that are enemies being Islam, like it or not the Islamic faith is not pro democracy and does not like American freedom of religion. The communist devils Russia and China are itching for America to fall. I no I sound radical and that I want to kill kill kill. I realy just want to see the United States as the most powerfull country in the world. Without any enemies who would dare threaten the freedom that our foudning fathers wanted the United States to have.

The only people threatening the freedoms that we were supposed to have is the ruling plutocracy in the US and other western nations. Having been sold into debt slavery to the Federal Reserve (again) back in 1913, any "freedom" that we have has been on borrowed time. Any buying power or nest egg that you have to see you through to retirement will disappear as soon as they engineer hyperinflation into our economy. I suspect they're only waiting until they've soaked up as much profit as they can from the bailout and buying up failed businesses.

From that point on, you're either a slave to the "system" or you're living completely off your wits.

Don't believe it? Just read up on the history of 3rd world countries such as Chile, Mexico, Haiti, Thailand, and all points in between.

They've been doing this for centuries and I suspect they know every trick in the book but it doesn't matter because they've stacked the deck in their favor long before we knew there was a game in progress. There's lots on the web about this but try reading this little gem for a quick introduction. The Federal Reserve: History of Lies, Thievery, and Deceit

In November of 1910, some of these vultures came together at the Jekyl Island Hunt Club on Jekyl Island, Georgia. What were they hunting? The biggest prize of all, the absolute and complete control of all the money in America which means control of all America and with it the power to make slaves of all the people.

Those who attended were: Senator Nelson Aldrich (Nelson Rockefeller's maternal grandfather); A. Piatt Andrew, Economist and Assistant Secretary of the Treasury; Frank Vanderlip, President of the National City Bank of New York; Henry P. Norton, President of Morgan's First National Bank of New York; Paul Moritz Warburg, a German who was partner in the New York banking house of Kuhn, Loeb Co.; Benjamin Strong, an aid to J. P. Morgan.

Paul Warburg was credited as the architect of the bill which was passed by Congress and signed by traitorous Woodrow Wilson. It was entitled the Federal Reserve Act of 1913. America once again had a central bank but this time they had placed America under an absolute dictatorship.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
War with Iran is now being considered a "necessary evil", huh? Please excuse me while I gouge my eyes out for reading that.

I'm tired of the United States being the world police and trying to decide which country can have nuclear power. Gimme a break. Someone needs to put some damn sanctions on us before we see Hiroshima and Nagasaki again. Remember who did that? Good ol' Team America, **** YEAH!

Pardon me for mentioning Ron Paul, but if he won we would be out of there and slowly getting respect from other countries. Someone posted this the other day so I'll re-post it here.

If I was living in Iran, I'd probably hate the United States. You think any of their citizens LIKE our government? Seriously. Sad thing is it leads to resentment for us citizens and it also leads to terrorism which, through their eyes, is justified because the Empire of the United States is creeping through their land like Rome taking whatever they want, killing you for nothing, stealing possession of your resources, and trying to Westernize someone who probably doesn't wanna be Westernized.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by TheFinalTruth14]

[edit on 7-8-2010 by TheFinalTruth14]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheol

www.globalsecurity.org...

“I would like to declare my readiness to have a face to face talk in presence of world media with the US president at the United Nations General Assembly,” President Ahmadinejad said on August 2.

The news of President Ahmadinejad’s proposal received large coverage by the world media, the US and Western media in particular. The large coverage was surprising for the world political and media analysts.

However, the White House reaction to the Iranian president’s proposal received little coverage.

They only published Washington’s refusal to the proposal as a common and normal report and paid no attention to that as a considerable event of the international developments.

Honestly, I've never cared for Obama from the start, but he had a huge opportunity to at least pretend to not be a puppet President and he failed. He's the same old. The American government honestly doesn't even care what you or me think anymore. 2012 elections need to get out of this Republican/Democrat BS.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
America... You are the "leaders" of the supposidly free world...

You, yes YOU voted this monstricity in therefore it is YOUR responsability to put it it right, and until then I propose that all none US citizens boycott American goods and services until the Americans realize that they are the biggest threat to world peace ever!

America... You are a lions whelp.. Birthed from the Angel isle of Brittania... Fully grown lions dont need to prove themselves anymore...

The US constitution is second to the bible in terms of how a nation should act... Its about time you enforced your fathers words! Those whose limbs were made in England! Do not hold that cheap... This isle took took the whole world., Its your time now Mannaseh... This is the timeto prove yourselves... The worlds awaits...
Strong and moral America could make things right.. An impossibility for any other nation but yours

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Yissachar1]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baloney

I keep reading posts of yours that spew a shockingly extreme pro-war, pro-kill attitude that is alarming at best. If you feel so strongly about WAR with everyone and KILL everyone DIFFERENT then you, why dont you go join the armed forces right NOW. The less time you spare signing up, the less time for you to break the immaturity on the topic.

Hopefully for the sake of mankind, you will come back SCARED STRAIGHT, or... in a bag.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Baloney]

I think these ultra-nationalist MSM/fear fear fear talking point parrots are a guise.. to give the illusion 1930 German-Americans like that actually exist.

The headline should read: "Bully puppet uses bully pulpit to foreshadow DC mafias next insult to humanity".. they will get their Iran war, if the dear 2-party leaders and their MSM flunkies can't BS consent with the stale "mad man in rogue nation + WMD" propaganda.. they'll scare people into it with a fresh splattering of wet false flag feces.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The fact is we the United States of America have enemies and we need to stand up to these enemies that threaten our nation.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
America... You are the "leaders" of the supposidly free world...

You, yes YOU voted this monstricity in therefore it is YOUR responsability to put it it right, and until then I propose that all none US citizens boycott American goods and services until the Americans realize that they are the biggest threat to world peace ever!

America... You are a lions whelp.. Birthed from the Angel isle of Brittania... Fully grown lions dont need to prove themselves anymore...

The US constitution is second to the bible in terms of how a nation should act... Its about time you enforced your fathers words! Those whose limbs were made in England! Do not hold that cheap... This isle took took the whole world., Its your time now Mannaseh... This is the timeto prove yourselves... The worlds awaits...
Strong and moral America could make things right.. An impossibility for any other nation but yours

What an amazing post.

While I'm saddened by what our government has become, it brings me hope knowing that someone from England can recognize the greatness by which our country was founded, and what it could be again.

We really need to wake the frack up over here.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by wheels]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

No. No we don't.

Not in the way you're framing it.

This nation has stood for nothing more than destruction in the name of "defense" for far too long.

It's all a racket. Nothing good has come from ANY of it.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Baloney

Oh yawn , more garbage about the axis of evil blah blah blah. Reds under the bed. Where do you get all this hateful brain washing crap .Do you think they really hate your American way of life or your bloody stupid foriegn policies .
Keep your bloody nose in your own backyard and spend your money on helping your own people. The Education system would be a good start as you are a prime example of the uneducated .Have you ever seen movies from other countries ? Their flag doesn't fly in every frame .Brainwashing indoctrination . What the hell is it with that ! As for all these enemies of yours , who drew first blood huh Rambo ?
As for your remark about women in bikinis hope that includes your mother,sister or daughter because your talking about ours right ? Real mature .

[edit on 7-8-2010 by 13th Zodiac]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by chips
You know what'd be good?

One mega Iran thread. You know, everything related to Iran, Israel, Hezbollah, the U.S., the possibility of war, etc - like the big 'Russia/Georgia Situation' one a few years back. It might be better than a new Iran thread popping up every 4 minutes.
Yeah that would be great,.
But it never goes that way.
every time a news blurt come out Somebody feels the need to start their own thread.
Look how BP went.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join