It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama threatens Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Obama threatens Iran

www.wsws.org

At a White House briefing Wednesday, President Obama personally joined the growing chorus of war threats against Iran coming from Washington and its allies.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
According to WSWS writer, Alex Lantier,

"Obama’s purpose was to deliver a blunt warning to the Iranian government: it could either surrender to US demands that it abandon its nuclear program, or face US attack...

...the Obama administration’s policy has never been to negotiate with Iran, but to present Tehran with a list of humiliating, nonnegotiable demands...

The US campaign against Iran’s nuclear program is a political fraud. Washington has mounted no such campaign against nuclear-armed India, because it views the Indian army as a US strategic asset in the region. In the case of Iran—seen by Washington as a strategic adversary—the country’s nuclear industry, which Iran insists is for only for energy, becomes a pretext for a US campaign to isolate and beat it into submission."

www.wsws.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-8-2010 by JohnJasper]

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

[edit on Fri Aug 6 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
You know what'd be good?

One mega Iran thread. You know, everything related to Iran, Israel, Hezbollah, the U.S., the possibility of war, etc - like the big 'Russia/Georgia Situation' one a few years back. It might be better than a new Iran thread popping up every 4 minutes.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by chips

I so agree. There sort of is one about all the war rumblings in the ME in general, but the OP can't change the title anymore.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
off topic post removed

i second that notion
i'm pretty sure a strike against iran is a inevatiability not a possability. someone let me know were the big antiwar protest is in the uk when this happens i'll be their!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Now wait just one minute here!
I remember Obama endlessly criticizing Bush for not implementing more direct dialogue with Iran to resolve our differences.

Obama supporters can read it and weep HERE, or HERE, or HERE.

He offered to meet with Iran without preconditions to discuss the issue. Well, I remember reading recently of Ahmenihjad (SP???) offering to meet with Obama to have a debate on the matter. Think he'll make good on that?

Now he just beats the war drum!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I understand the fact that war sucks. But it is a nessecary evil. People say the United States is a war mongering. Yet these same countries hate us and would want nothing more than to destroy the very foundations of American life. On a second note I prefer to see woman without a scarf wrapped around there whole bodies. Bikinis are worth fighting for.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
That President of yours is going to get us all killed! quick ET come down now an save us all, PS im not joking!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

off topic post removed

You mean the nobel peace prize obama was awarded one month into his term based on "potential" and not actual deeds.

Remember all the obamaphiles here that said it was deserved anyway?

Well here are the deeds that "justify" the peace prize.

Fools is right!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by humbleseeker

That's utter crap and nonsense. It's not necessary. These are ALL wars of choice. And they're for profit and control.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Sideways.

Line 2

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

off topic post removed

Don't you mean Obama is a patriot? You know, if you don't support the war, you're against the troops and you're not a patriot mantra. What happens to that old chant?

Hey if it's necessary, it is necessary. He's fighting extremism, come on, work with me people!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

They hate us because, quite frankly, we're asshats. We trained and equipped the Taliban, courted them with big oil money, then invaded their country. We sold Saddam WMD then accused him of having WMD and invaded his country. We built Iran's only working nuclear reactor and now they want to make fuel for it, we threaten to attack them.

I'd say they've got a really good reason to hate and fear us.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Yes it is a choice to defend ourselves. Yes it is about power and control, it has always been about power and control. Because its always been about power and control for the otherside as well. To think that peace will come upon the earth and we will all sing "we are the world" is a great idea, but the minute we lay down are arms and think that these devils wont strike us given the opportunity is being irresponsible. I am not an Obama supporter but I am glad that he sees this threat and is at least looking into it.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

BTW, your signature quote was true ... right up until LED's (light emitting diodes) were invented.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

I have to agree, that my United States has acted very foolishly and I hate that we have done some of the things we have done. Its like the movie "Charlie Wilsons war" we spend billions on guns and arms to help them defeat the Russians but wont even spend a dime for education.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I believe that the best thing to be said, is what was written on an actual job review: He hit the bottom of the well, but instead of bringing a rope, he brought a shovel.
Of all of the things that Obama has stated, and of all of the promises, this is going to be one of the nails in his political coffin and that of congress, if they do not act quickly. The American public is tired of an endless conflict, as is the military personell. The question that I would ask, is what is the congress going to do in this case, as they ultimately do have some power in this aspect, and could stop the president if they so choose, by refusing to fund any more military conflicts at this time, as the economy can not handle another armed conflict. Obama ran on the illusion of the prospect of ending the conflicts in Iraq and Afganistan. It is shown that the military personell coming back from both areas are changed and have more problems that neither the military or the civillian authorities are prepared to deal with. To open up direct conflit with Iran will actually cause the US to fight on multiple fronts, from the middle east, to Asia, to our own back yard, facing a fight on potentially 5 different fronts. Consider this:
We start up with Iran, then Iraq ends up heating up, making it hard for us to pull out of that country, Afganistan and Pakistan heats up where US military is pinned down there. North Korea, backed by China, launches an attack against South Korea, and Venezeula starts up in South America, hitting US interests in that region, along with all of their allies. It is going to be a huge mess.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I couldnt agree more...I mean a Nobel for peace? Our society has become so ridiculous. All the While Obama is beating War drums, Michelles off in Spain havin a wonderful luxurious time on OUR dime.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

That's utter crap and nonsense. It's not necessary. These are ALL wars of choice. And they're for profit and control.
Of course they are!

They are for control OF the profits.

That's the only reason there has ever been for wars. Any others given were lies.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by butcherguy]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join