It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just What is Chris Cornell Trying to Tell Us in His Videos?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
VIDEO 1
BLACK HOLE SUN

Obvious no explanation needed.

VIDEO 2
BURDEN IN MY HAND

"Cuz down below the truth is lying, beneath the riverbed"

Notice the tail numbers of the plane sticking out of the sand (google it)...the fish in the desert, the mass grave in the desert, and the band going into an underground bunker.

VIDEO 3
FELL ON BLACK DAYS

"Sunspots have faded, now I'm doing time" and "I'm a searchlight soul they say, but I can't see it in the night"

1:30 notice the dark star effect upper right corner

VIDEO 4
THE DAY I TRIED TO LIVE

"The day I tried to live, I wallowed in the blood and mud with all the other pigs"

Notice how he wakes up in his underground bunker to a lack of gravity.

VIDEO 5
SPOONMAN

"All my friends are Indians, all my friends are brown and red. All my friends are skeletons, they beat the rhythm with their bones"

Notice them dipping their pictures in wax to preserve them. also notice the "save yourself" t-shirt

VIDEO 6
CHRIS CORNELL PREACHES THE END OF THE WORLD

Obvious no explanation needed.

VIDEO 7
LONG GONE

Simple theme chimes through each video...

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Austexdude]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Chris Cornell is truly one of the best songwriters out there!

I believe "Black Hole Sun" is about our self absorbtion, that we get soo caught up in trying to live like the "Dream" that we are missing what's happening around us. THe best lyric of that song is "Heaven send Hell away..no one sings like you anymore".

He does have a "Theme" to his music.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ

I believe "Black Hole Sun" is about our self absorbtion, that we get soo caught up in trying to live like the "Dream" that we are missing what's happening around us. THe best lyric of that song is "Heaven send Hell away..no one sings like you anymore".

See I believe personally that when he is saying "No one sings like you anymore" he is referring to the God awful sound that will be created by the passing of whatever is coming. I have noticed a theme through the ancient texts and with so called prophecy that would indicate that whatever is going to happen is going to be loud...for example.

From the Kolbrin Bible

Creation 4:6
THE STAR grew and waxed to a great brightness and was awesome to behold. IT PUT FORTH HORNS and sang, being unlike any other ever seen ...

Manuscripts 3:6
The people will scatter in madness. They will hear the trumpet and battle-cry of the DESTROYER and will seek refuge within dens in the Earth.

The Christian Bible

The 7 trumpets are the 7 days the Earth has to deal with the Destroyer.

Mother Shipton

When Gabriel stands on sea and shore
And as he blows his wondrous horn
Old worlds die and new be born.

Nostradamus

C2-Q41
The great star will burn for seven days,
The cloud will cause two suns to appear:
The big mastiff will howl all night
When the great pontiff will change country.

There are other refs to something in the sky producing a great sound but I would have to dig for them. These were just off the top of my head.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Austexdude

I think that line means that things will get so bad as society breaks down when things start happening that we'll pray for the better days that lie before our tribulations.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I think that line means that things will get so bad as society breaks down when things start happening that we'll pray for the better days that lie before our tribulations.

whatever it is it's not a stroll in happyland.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Austexdude

See I believe personally that when he is saying "No one sings like you anymore" he is referring to the God awful sound that will be created by the passing of whatever is coming. I have noticed a theme through the ancient texts and with so called prophecy that would indicate that whatever is going to happen is going to be loud...for example.

From the Kolbrin Bible

Creation 4:6
THE STAR grew and waxed to a great brightness and was awesome to behold. IT PUT FORTH HORNS and sang, being unlike any other ever seen ...

Manuscripts 3:6
The people will scatter in madness. They will hear the trumpet and battle-cry of the DESTROYER and will seek refuge within dens in the Earth.

The Christian Bible

The 7 trumpets are the 7 days the Earth has to deal with the Destroyer.

Mother Shipton

When Gabriel stands on sea and shore
And as he blows his wondrous horn
Old worlds die and new be born.

Nostradamus

C2-Q41
The great star will burn for seven days,
The cloud will cause two suns to appear:
The big mastiff will howl all night
When the great pontiff will change country.

There are other refs to something in the sky producing a great sound but I would have to dig for them. These were just off the top of my head.

Interesting how they all seem to converge and are so similar. I watched a Notradamus special the other night and they kept telling of how prophecies were so close in reference and how they seem to be all coming together within the same time period. However, it didn't give any quotes or references in relation to what you have presented here. I'll have to look more into this now that you have sparked my intrigue of these similarities.

On the topic at hand, Chris Cornell certainly seems to be expressing a constant theme within all of his music. He is very talented and if you really listen to the words you might just pull something out of them.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by born2BWild]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Perhaps Nibiru will come so close that its magnetic field will interact with ours and that will cause the crust of the Earth to vibrate at such a rate that it will create a loud audible vibration in the air similar to a mass of horns. I imagine it will sound sort of like the ominous horn section sound in the movie "Inception."

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
you forgot about Hands All Over - from another thread here at ATS - that i wrote not too long ago.

but along the same lines as what you are addressing.

i think he is a very good receptor for the muse's transmissions.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
It's true, there is an overarching theme to Soundgarden's music. The thing is, you'll find that was the theme of Grunge itself. Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam, they all made music about the hard times in young people's lives.

It wasn't so much about the world falling apart; It was about your world falling apart.

The music was gritty, dirty, heavy - and straight from the soul.

It didn't come without a price, though. Such raw emotion can't be controlled forever. The tragic proof of this is the fact that Grunge died with a shotgun to the head, and a speedball in it's veins.

The times were prosperous, but people didn't know what their lives were supposed to mean. Like the song says,

"Heaven beside you, Hell within."

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I think every artist has a message/theme.

Rather its I'm a pimp, love killed me, love saved me, drugs are great, drugs are bad, money makes you happy, money doesn't matter, social/racial/economic/government policy, every artist has a message that they try to push through with their music

I think you go overboard when you start trying to read too far into things.

There are plenty of groups, who actively put forth a lot of the things people on here try to find "hidden" in some random artists work.

If you were alive, or old enough to know about the music when it came out, and the issues in the world, and the issues the artists faced alot of these things wouldn't seem the way they seem to you.

I love Soundgarden. And have listened to their music since the early 90's, for me their music has a message and theme, but nothing like whats expressed in this thread.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TeddiRevolution

Great post, and virtually the exact thing I was trying to say.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Soundgarden and Chris Cornell's ability to change tempo and the "mood" of the song is similar to THe Doors. An amazing ability to keep the song going. It is amazing how ancient prophecy of different time periods and geographic locations all seem to point to this area of time as one of significant importance.

On the subject of 2012, I don't believe the Earth will end on Dec. 21st, 2012. I do believe that passing through the galactic plane puts us in an area of space that has the potential to cause some serious damage. There is no arguing that something triggers a big iceage roughly every 125 000 years and it appears that we warm up a bit for approx. 25 000 years and then something triggers another iceage and so on and so on until we reach the beginning of the cycle. According to the ice core data we are at the end of that cycle. I believe the height of our sine wave path through our milky way has varying heights and that this cycle puts us higher above the dust and gas trapped at the galactic plane by our blackholes gravity and electro-magnetic field that concentrates in a disk. This would expose us to more cosmic radiation from our blackhole and nearby stars thus causing big Earth Changes.

These lyrics:

Stuttering
Cold and damp
Steal the warm wind
Tired friend
Times are gone
For honest men

More lyrics: www.lyricsfreak.com...

When it comes to personal survival, people will do anything. Look at New Orleans during Katrina. It's everyman for himself when all hell breaks loose!

Deez

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

my response

[edit on 6-8-2010 by undo]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Whenever music enters my dream, they take on a different meaning to me when I am awake. One time I had a dream about "Rusty Cage" and it never quite left me. That song haunts my life

[edit on 8/6/2010 by The Endtime Warrior]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I really don't have anything to add as far as my interpretation of the songs.

Everyone comments are interesting and I enjoyed reading them, but the title asks what is he trying to tell us in his videos. What's message behind the visual imagery more so than the lyrics. Or maybe it is a combinatin of the two, I don't know.

Just thought I'd be a pain in the rear and point out the obvious.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeddiRevolution
It's true, there is an overarching theme to Soundgarden's music. The thing is, you'll find that was the theme of Grunge itself. Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam, they all made music about the hard times in young people's lives.

It wasn't so much about the world falling apart; It was about your world falling apart.

The music was gritty, dirty, heavy - and straight from the soul.

It didn't come without a price, though. Such raw emotion can't be controlled forever. The tragic proof of this is the fact that Grunge died with a shotgun to the head, and a speedball in it's veins.

The times were prosperous, but people didn't know what their lives were supposed to mean. Like the song says,

"Heaven beside you, Hell within."

Wow Teddi, that was probably the best synopsis I have ever heard of the ol' Grunge days! I was at the perfect teenage time of my life when Grunge really came into its own, it had such a profound effect on my life at the time. S&F for you friend!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Soundgarden is a bad*#$ band and Chris Cornell is an amazing talent, both musically and his ability to sing the way he does.

"What is Cris Cornell trying to tell us?"

From the song - Burden in my hand

Kill your health and
kill yourself and
kill everything you love.

Love that song. Anyway, for anyone who doesn't know, Soundgarden is half of the band from the old band- Temple of the dog. The other half of Temple of the dog, was Pearl Jam.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Chris Cornell is trying to tell us that once he was awesome. He was a flower in a garden of sound. Now I don't know what he is, but I'm not really liking his new music....kinda bleughh. (EXCEPTION-Ave Maria from his 1st solo album)
I haven't seen that Black Hole Sun video in about 10 years (at least!) but remember watching it when I was younger. I used to watch it and feel a sense of riteousness now I just feel disgust. I definately see strong connotations in the videos and lyrics, then I always wondered about Chris and his religious beliefs etc...since I heard Temple of the Dog and Wooden Jesus. He is always sneaking something religiousy in somewhere. Looking at the before last video about the end of the world (boy that is a crap song) I guess I wasn't really off the mark....he had something to express all along, or maybe he is just searching like the rest of us?( what the heck is that anyway? The song title, the video, the song, the lyrics..... Its horrible. All wrong.... )

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Chris Cornell was awesome singer back in the day. I even liked him when he played in the band audio slave. He just can't seem to work well with others though since he is always switching bands every so often.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by cwt8466

Thank you. As time goes on, people begin to forget what the music meant to them. It becomes just another song on the ipod.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by TeddiRevolution]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join