It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog eats mans toe..saves his life..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Jerry Douthette and his wife Rosee have a Jack Russell terrier named Kiko . Jerry and Rosee went out and he had a good bit to drink, four or five beers and 2 large margaritas to be specific. Rosee did her wifely duty and hauled him home, where he went and laid down and fell asleep. When he awoke Kiko was on the bed with him, there was a pool of blood around his foot, and half his left great toe was gone

o.k... so i'm keeping my dog on my bed at night just in case..

When he awoke Kiko was on the bed with him, there was a pool of blood around his foot, and half his left great toe was gone. At the hospital Jerry found out he was a diabetic, his sugar was 560, 80 to 120 is normal. The sore he had left untreated on the partially eaten toe was so badly infected that the bone was involved necessitating the amputation of the remainder of the digit. Essentially the dog had saved Jerry because it could smell the life threatening infection. Initially Kiko was to be put down but Jerry changed his mind. Since the dog saved him the Douthettes are keeping it. After the customary quarantine to be sure rabies is not involved of course.

woot!

dog eats foot

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
What a dog. I've heard before about dogs sniffing out cancer. I just can't believe that the dog was eating the guys toe.

Dog sniffs out lung and breast cancer.

Dogs might sniff out prostate cancer.

Direct link to the OP story.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
He said the only thing he like more than hot-dogs is vaseline..something about that doesnt sound right.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
You got to admit though, dogs are awesome. I wish humans could hone these senses as well. I hate how humans are so limited.

new topics

top topics

join