It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Motors to build $500 Mill. plant in America, Central America that is.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

You heard right. GM (Government Motors) slotted to build plant in Mexico.

This is a two pronged conspiracy here. Have you seen any MSM coverage of this plant construction? Thought not, unless of course you watch or listen to Glenn Beck.

Here is a link to Glenn Becks show where he brings it up-The Daily Beck

Hey, this must be the Obama Administation's and Government Motor's plan to keep illegal aliens out of the US, they will just make all the jobs be in Mexico, GREAT PLAN.

Oh, and for those out there that would like more sources.

Industry Week-Government Motors to build $500 Million dollar plant in Mexico

Wall Street Journal-Government Motors to invest $500 Million in Mexico Plant

I wonder where Government Motors got the money to build in Mexico?!

Nothing to see here, move along!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Maybe we should all sneak across the border and get jobs there.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I was thinking about applying and then posting the response here.

It might be hilarious. Wonder if they have a application section at government motors. Yeah, found it, but no listings for Mexico Jobs.

I will look for more locations I could send in a resume.

link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Hey endisnighe ...

I couldn't find in the linkies which vehicles are going to be produced and for which market.

For the record GM sells around 212,000 vehicles a year in Mexico (2008) so they could be for that market. In any case, it's not like outsourcing is a new thing ... the American consumer indicated a long time ago that they'd rather pay the cheapest price even if it costs them their job down the line.

link   
First of all, I hate this. Everyone knows where I stand on outsourcing.

However, this is happening in every spectrum of corporate America...it's certainly not confined to GM. I know that you picked out this case because of Obama and "Government Motors".....I've never seen you say much of anything about our terrible trade laws or any other corporation that has received endless tax cuts and STILL hide their money in off shore accounts to avoid paying their taxes...and STILL send our jobs overseas.

All the major media companies are owned by corporations that have outsourced jobs.

Again, this problem simply CANNOT BE FIXED unless we change our trade laws and increase tariffs to protect what LITTLE manufacturing base we have left....or the bleeding will continue. We CANNOT COMPETE WITH SLAVE LABOR. You know we can't.

Also, the stimulus package should have gone only to "american" businesses...but that provision was taken out unfortunately.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Yes, time to throw NAFTA, GATT and any and all of the free trade global scope treaties. Treat each and every country as a trading partner, INDIVIDUALLY.

No foreign entanglements. No more globalization.

Yes, a lot of what you espouse I agree with. One thing that REALLY hurt Mexico was the agribusiness components of the treaties. Wiped out millions of Mexican farmers.

Hey, besides the US, other countries have taken a hit from these treaties.

The only ones that benefit from these moves are the elite, mega corps and GOVERNMENT.

Glad you brought up the stimulus package. How much of that is left. One number I heard is like 400 billion. Yet we have piglosi calling back the house to work on ANOTHER stimulus package.

I am REALLY wondering where are these SLUSH FUNDS really going?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

I was thinking about applying and then posting the response here.

It might be hilarious. Wonder if they have a application section at government motors. Yeah, found it, but no listings for Mexico Jobs.

I will look for more locations I could send in a resume.

Just remember to raise holy hell if they try to make you fill out the application in Spanish.

Call 'em a bunch of racists who need to accommodate to YOU in THEIR country.

What's good for the goose...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Well, a lot of people use that line.

It is not the politicians fault, we voted for them.

It is not the companies fault, we want cheap goods.

It is not the FDA's fault for destroying small farms, we voted in the politicians which appointed the people that create the codes.

It is not the fault of the banks that the politicians gave trillions to we voted them in.

It is not................you get the idea. Always blaming the guy at the bottom is not a very good debate tactic for me.

Imagine, if it was a LAW that all products HAD to state in the largest lettering of WHERE it was made.

Imagine if it was a LAW that all sales required ALL taxes to be individually listed on the receipt.

Imagine there was a perfect world.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Ugh, you see this is the problem, one of many, with Glenn Beck and those who get excited about his rantings.

GM will invest $600 million to $650 million in the plant and the tooling to build vehicles. The Mexican government has contributed incentives to help fund the construction, Gelista said.

Construction will begin in late May or early June, and compact and subcompact vehicles will begin rolling off the assembly line in 2008. GM has no plans to export any of the cars to the United States, Gelista said. He did not identify which vehicles would be built there. www.azcentral.com...

GM (and most carmakers) has plants all over the world to cater to those markets ... this is nothing to scream about.

Edit to note own stupidity for citing wrong article from wrong decade.

[edit on 5 Aug 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I believe that there needs to be more of an outcry about this, as General Motors still owes the people of the United States for the bailout money that they recieved to save their businesses. I do not believe that this is the correct course of action, because they are gambling with money that is not theirs, with nothing on the line, no risk, to their own profits or personal wealth. I hope that after the November elections the new congress will demand full repayment from GM for this slap in the face of the american public and an explination as to why, at this time, they are shipping jobs out of the country that could be best serve to revitalize communities around the country.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

You DID notice when that little story of yours was written:

Apr. 1, 2006 12:00 AM

Quite a few years before the bailout and I can be almost darn certain they're not talking about the same plant as the one mentioned in the OP.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Excuse me, who owns the Government Motors now? Do stockholders? Who are the stockholders?

I think since their BAILOUT, I should have some STOCK.

Do I own part of the company? Where is my voting shares in the company?

Oh, I see, it is a GLOBAL company now, not an American company.

That article you posted is from 2006, did that plant get built at that time? Or was it JUST A PLAN back then?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Oopsies ...

Can you guys help me find the correct info for this plant please?

Calm down ein ... just trying to get the details.

[edit on 5 Aug 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Here is a link to a PROGRESSIVE site and look what THEY are saying-Progressive Dem

Even the progressives are saying the same thing.

Why are STIMULUS funds and Government Motors shipping jobs out of country?

edit to add a snippet-

"With the help of a federal "bailout" sold to the public as helping Chrysler to stay alive and retain jobs in America, Chrysler is actually using part of the funds to relocate the last 850 automaking jobs in Wisconsin to a new plant in Saltillo, Mexico.

"The Kenosha to Saltillo maneuver is a particularly appalling breach of faith with both the public and workers. Chrysler and Obama administration officials, including economic advisor Lawrence Summers, broke their pledges made in an April 30, 2009, conference call almost immediately.

"The very next day, Chrysler announced the relocation to Mexico. The move also broke a longstanding, formal agreement under which Chrysler committed itself to building new engine lines in Kenosha.

[edit on 8/5/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Okay ... so I managed to read the WSJ release at last (it was asking me to subscribe originally).

And you are correct in your assessment, this is flat out outsourcing funded by the US Treasury itself.

Outrage conceded and adapted.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Glad you brought up the stimulus package. How much of that is left. One number I heard is like 400 billion. Yet we have piglosi calling back the house to work on ANOTHER stimulus package.

I don't remember the exact amount of the stimulus package, but over 200 billion of it were tax cuts that are still in effect and last till next year (i think, not 100 percent sure).

So if everyone is so angry about the stimulus package, why don't we take out the tax cuts. Why aren't Republicans bringing that up? It's deficit spending isn't it?

Everyone overlooks that.

And about Progressives:

The progressives I know are all about American jobs. They want trade policies changed. That is why Progressives are often together with the Unions....Unions fight free trade...that is why they get slandered so hard in the corporate media....it's their enemy.

Not to mention, they also want full transparency on the Federal Reserve and an end to monopolistic transnational corporations that have completely corrupted our government.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by David9176]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

One thing you bring up, transnational corporations. I have been attempting to figure out a SOLUTION to that in my own mind.

Think about it, publicly traded companies can be owned by anyone.

Think about this, how do we separate ownership of foreign interests in the US? Can we the way things are set up?

Give me an idea or two about this. Still working out ideas in my own mind.

That is a major component to all the problems.

Any ideas would be appreciated. If you do not understand what I mean, I will expand the idea I a referring to.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I've thought about this often myself.

We definitely need to raise tariffs as I've stated millions of times. All countries need to. Politicians should not be allowed to own stock in ANY company...especially any that is transnational....under NO circumstances. It's a conflict of interest and TONS of them are doing right now.

Anti-trust laws absolutely have to be enforced. Mergers of large corporations that create behemoths has to end. No company that is not purely AMERICAN should be allowed to own or operate ANY media....PERIOD. As you know, it's all ran by international entities....Fox NBC, ABC, CBS.

There are many things we can do....that's just off the top of my head....there are tons of ideas out there. No one has the balls to push these policies...and even if they did...they wouldn't get the media coverage as they would be pushing for something that works against the same companies that are reporting our news.

Quite frankly, it's going to be extremely difficult to get things to change....that is what is the most frustrating about it. The small businesses owner and the American worker have no real voice. The Chamber of Commerce, which is supposed to be the hero of small business, completely caters to transnational corporations and free trade....which is the ENEMY of small business.

As for public trading.....for instance....the Saudi King shouldn't be allowed to own stock in News Corp....and News Corp shouldn't be allowed to own stock in a Saudi Arabian media company....which unfortunately...is happening now.

All of these gigantic companies are interlocked as they all hold large shares of other companies. It's crazy. Their power is insane when you think about it.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
For anyone who's interested, GM has plants in 25 countries including Egypt, Poland, Vietnam, and Russia.
en.wikipedia.org...

GM announced elimination of lifetime health benefits for about 100,000 of its white collar retirees at the end of 2008.[64]

en.wikipedia.org...

$500 million for a Mexican plant? While America is sitting at 10% + unemployment? Makes perfect sense if you are motivated exclusively on making money. It's shameful, disgraceful, immoral, disloyal, un American, unjustifiable, and completely unforgivable.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 12GaugePermissionSlip

Yes, using the taxpayers money, to destroy the taxpayers country even further.

Seems that SOME on the other side are BEGINNING to see that globalization is NOT in our best interests.

Let me reiterate that again, is NOT in our best interests, or for that matter anyone's best interest. Except for those in government and the corporate WHORES that are their partners.

Why is it, that the left has not called out their members for allowing the Fed Reserve to KILL the audit bill? Over 100 politicians abandoned the bill, WITH NO EXPLANATION!

Hmmmm, raises some questions to what the HELL is going on, NO?

top topics

join