It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran poised to fill vacuum after U.S. withdrawal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Iran poised to fill vacuum after U.S. withdrawal

www.liveleak.com

Richard Engel, NBC chief foreign correspondent

on August 5th, 2010

BAGHDAD - Every conversation I have in Iraq these days reaches back in history. When I ask policemen, government officials or Iraqi journalists what they think will happen after U.S. combat troops leave at the end of this month, our discussions inevitably become two-hour examinations of Islamic and Middle Eastern history. This is not simply an American pullout. Here August 2010 is seen as a turning point for Iraq.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I don't believe this is any major surprise... but I'm sure the new Iraqi commanders and generals have special training to handle the Iranian influence there after..

I mean, 50k troops will still remain over in Iraq.. but 95% will not be combat forces, so they say.

I pray in a few decades the world looks back on this mess and says "You know what? NATO forces, led by the U.S, really did do wonders for Iraq"... but first, we need to leave.

www.liveleak.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
This is just a thought, but wouldn't the ultimate reason for going into Iran be.... that we leave Iraq, and they take over i.e. (invade)....hmmmm

Of course not that they would do that, but it looks good on paper anyway....thoughts??

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
This is bad, but when I saw this thread title, the first thing that popped into my head was, "Huh? What? Iran's going to protect Israel? How's that gonna work?"

First, we're never withdrawing from Iraq.

Thing is, Iran would probably also fill the vacuum in Iraq if they were to be attacked too. At least that's what most strategists say. I think how it goes is that most Iraqis and probably even good chunks of the Iraqii government would side with Iraq, and that insurgent factions that have been more or less quelled would go into warp speed.

Also, on our withdrawal from Afghanistan, Pakistan fills this void and goes to war with India.

Interesting though.

Here are the two presidents in March...Talibani and Ahmadinejad.

Visit Trumpets Iran’s Power in Iraq

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

All of that would be true if the empire didn't have a bigger agenda.

The agenda wasn't to bring Democracy to Iraq and leave, it is much bigger than that, do people really think America would spend over a trillion $ to help? Eh, that is naive.

I don't believe that one bit.

America is paying Chinese depth through Iraq, hence Chinese companies are pouring in Iraq right now. Iran, well they can't do much about Iran, except to keep Iraq unstable indefinitely, hence, the government of Iraq is still dis-functional.

Afghanistan, that is a whole different agenda, once Afghanistan is divided, which I suspected eventually will happen, it will destabilize Pakistan and Iran, which is what they want.

Once that happens, a proxy war against Iran would be much easier, to send Iran back in to Chaos.

They don't want Iran to become a world power, which is against American interests.

Key word, American interests.

That includes Pakistan which is fighting the current Proxy War against the US right now.

Pshtoons (exist in both Pakistan and Afghanistan), Baluchis (exist in Pakistan and Iran) and Punjabs (exists in Pakistan and India), they will fight for their own Independent nations after the division of Afghanistan, which will cause a lot of unrest in Iran and Pakistan, both rising powers.

And I suspect Israel will help the creation of Kurdistan which will effect Iran in two fronts, and Iraq which Iran has so much influence over. Not to mention Turkey, a new key player.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Oh, I know it's much bigger than this. Much. Pakistan and India, China, Russia. It's bigger because he who controls the chokepoints (sea routes and natural gas, water, and oil pipelines) to China and India controls the world. Basically put. Those are the American interests. Without them, we have virtually nothing left.

The path of the wars marked by the nations that must fall along that path leads us directly there. Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, and even Pakistan (but they have nukes). This has been more than clear from the beginning. This is why the Soviets wanted Afghanistan so badly too.

Russia and China aren't just sitting there biding their time and saving their energy while they watch the U.S. deplete their money and their energy fighting these wars. And when or if the U.S. fails, they will sweep in and take control. India sits and observes to. They have a vested interested like China does.

[edit on 8/5/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Fill the void? ... did we flash back to 2003 or something?

Remember during the civil war in Iraq, you'd hear stories of people being threatened to leave their homes? No reason given, just
'' Leave or we will kill you ''

Baghdad Burning BLOG : Saturday, August 05, 2006

Residents of Baghdad are systematically being pushed out of the city. Some families are waking up to find a Klashnikov bullet and a letter in an envelope with the words “Leave your area or else.” The culprits behind these attacks and threats are Sadr’s followers- Mahdi Army. It’s general knowledge, although no one dares say it out loud. In the last month we’ve had two different families staying with us in our house, after having to leave their neighborhoods due to death threats and attacks. It’s not just Sunnis- it’s Shia, Arabs, Kurds- most of the middle-class areas are being targeted by militias.

riverbendblog.blogspot.com...

This was IRAN filling the void.

Before the invasion Shiites ( Iran ) were a small minority on the Baghdad area.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/719b1a7eeea8.jpg[/atsimg]

After the civil war, the death threats, they managed to push out the Sunni's (Iraqi's) and occupy Baghdad

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0fd08e84e108.jpg[/atsimg]

Iran successfully took over the mixed area's, with threats, beheadings, kidnappings and killings.

This is why after 2007/08 things got quiet, Iran knew there was no point playing tit for tat battles against the Americans, because one day they'd leave. And once they do, Baghdad is theirs.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Oh wow...just the other day I was wondering if she was still around and could not remember the name. I remember this exact blog. Thanks for posting the link.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I was sure America was the one who orchestrated the civil war as a war tactic which actually helped them win against the resistance.

Don't forget before the civil war huge amount of Americans were being killed all around, Americans were trapped in side their own bases, movement was restricted because of IEDs and ambushes all around, not to mention suicide bombings etc.

The market bombings orchestrated by the special forces, and who were also caught red hand, was to create a full blown civil war, and to demean all the resistance groups.

The war tactic worked, don't blame Iran for it

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Very interesting take on things , star for you .

Now that you mention it , a two state Afghanistan does seem like a possibility .

I am off to do some google searching .

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
reply to post by oozyism

Very interesting take on things , star for you .

Now that you mention it , a two state Afghanistan does seem like a possibility .

I am off to do some google searching .

Here is a video with a better explanation:
www.youtube.com...

top topics

join