It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion is a Hoax?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by humbleseeker

"Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail."

Sounds like the beginings of a government to me? It is like a political statement about a group of people doing what the government does not want them to do and thus writing them off as nut jobs because it is not of government origin. I could not figure out how to word this prperly so it may be a little confusing but just read it and think about it. Its like the government saying "What these people are doing is wrong and destined to fail! Do not join them!" but if they did the exact same thing and someone spoke out against them they would do the opposite and it would most likely work for the general public.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sumdumguy

I think the point is if these people, actually at the time they were considered an occult the name Christian didnt even exist. Gamelli was a man who was a leader umongst the Jewish faith. He saw radicalls come and go and never succeed. He gave the same response to the founders of Christianity if this is not of God it will surley die out. Yet 2000 years later Christianity is still alive and thriving.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by humbleseeker

But it was still an attempt to control using religion, even if it didnt work it still proves my point of how one could create something like this in hopes that it will help them control.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by humbleseeker
Well religion has been around in some form or fashion in every culture for thousands of years, I guess its a realy long lasting conspericy

religion is not really a hoax as it is man made....its been around since Babylon...that's where religion started. our creator mixed the language due to self worship... thats why every culture has sorta the same story when religion is involved. do a little study on babylon...amazing story.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Funkydung

I think Hindus religion already exist prehistoric times 5000 years ago.
while Babylon civilization was around 2000 BC.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Here's my thoughts on how it all started:

Way back in prehistory, and I mean back to the days when humanity existed as groups of hunter/gatherers (roughly 70-100,000 years ago). I say that only because of the artifacts that are clues left kicking around for anthropologists to find. It could even be much earlier that the practice of what kicked off religion started. We've still a lot to learn

Anyways, people began to take note of their dreams and discuss them with their fellows in the family/tribe. Sometimes the dreams were about events such as herds of their favourite prey appearing in a certain valley, other times it was about other tribes who might attack to steal women and children... whatever. They then noticed that some of their dreams came true while most were false and they gave special attention to those people that had the correct dreams, looking to them for advice on when to hunt or move to a new location.

After many generations, people then began to also use 'special aids' in promoting these dreams. Some would dance for days, others would fast for weeks and others began going into deep dark caves, all in an attempt to have 'visions'. The methods were varied and many, but those among the group who were most successful in having useful visions became 'special'.

They were called shaman and could be male or female, although the preponderance were female. They were held in such esteem that their 'advice' was not to be questioned, but acted upon immediately.

The upshot was that these visions often provided the 'inventiveness' whereby people could coordinate better hunting methods, become versatile in regards to the planting of crops, building bigger and better enclosures to protect people and facilitate the beginnings of animal husbandry. In other words, the willy-nilly effectiveness of the shaman, over tens of thousands of years, allowed the hunter/gatherers to eventually become herdsmen and farmers.

Over the millenia, these 'special' people became responsible for the beginnings of society. The result was the first city states and they were ruled by a combination of monarchies and the priesthoods that sprang from the 'idea' of shaman. This is why different city states had different Gods, used various methods to appease or beg favours from those Gods, but, if you were to wonder who had the upper hand between a king or a high priest, I'd bet the people would kill a monarch if the augers saw trouble coming because of him or her.

In time, these city states, with their different religions and monarchs started to fight with each other to take whatever they had and subvert their populations into their own. The religions became bigger and the monarchies became more powerful until countries were carved out of those many wars.

Coming back to religions, the various practices started melding together; as in Rome where every religion from all quarters of the empire were allowed. The Greek Gods had temples beside Roman Gods and African temples also jostled with Middle Eastern temples.

Then the fights started.

Polytheists were thoroughly detested by monotheists and the 'Great Struggle' for religions began in earnest. Christianity won that centuries long war and the polytheists were either eradicated or converted. Then the various sects of Christianity began fighting amongst each other until, at the last, the Orthodox Christian Church won out over all the rest. Once more, the heretical sects were searched out and either converted or destroyed. This then became the Holy Roman Empire which still exists today in the Catholic Church.

Today, we have another religious struggle on our hands and there's no need to point out who the two main antagonists are. We can only hope that the bloodshed won't be as bad as it was in Roman history.

All the above history started from a few scattered groups of hunter/gatherers who found value in dreams. That 'small voice within' which showed the best way forward grew into the powerful religions we have today.

A small voice within.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I am intrigued by this sir! Thank you!

It was kind of by luck these dreams panned out and these people became "special" and where listened to without question. And that right there gives them power. As time goes by the human greed factor slowly works its way into the picture and governments form from the religions and use the religion as a form of power. And then they use that power to mold the public into what they want. Lets hear some comments about this!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join