It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Dre Is Working On An Instrumental Interpretation Of How Planets Sound

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I am not into Dr. Dre but this project he is working on sounds like it could be quite intriguing.

It's nice to see an artist who is classified as a hip hop and rap performer and producer branching out onto such a unique venture.

Turns out that closet astronomy lover Dr. Dre is working on a highly experimental, entirely instrumental surround sound interpretation of how planets sound. He decided to take on this project after spending two years “learning the personalities of each planet.”This is how Dr. Dre himself described the project in an interview with Vibe magazine..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d4178b7805d7.jpg[/atsimg]

An instrumental album is something I’ve been wanting to do for a long time. I have the ideas for it. I want to call it The Planets. I don’t even know if I should be saying this, but # it. It’s just my interpretation of what each planet sounds like. I’m gonna go off on that. Just all instrumental. I’ve been studying the planets and learning the personalities of each planet. I’ve been doing this for about two years now just in my spare time so to speak. I wanna do it in surround sound. It’ll have to be in surround sound for Saturn to work.

www.impactlab.net...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
sounds interesting.

on a side note, you should open your mind to hip hop. its very inspirational.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Awesome.

This would be radical is he can capture the esoteric vibration of each sphere in the system.

But he needs to finish Detox first.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Should be pretty cool! I wonder if there will be any syncopation? It is the DOC afterall.

Look forward to the mix

Found a collection of actual planet sounds:

Peace

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Not a Dre fan myself, but I like eminem, who's always been produced by dre.

I think this will be neat, sort of. The sad thing is if any joe shmo did this nobody would look twice at it, but because it's dre...

Also, It won't be nearly as amazing Gustav Holst's planet suite. Jupiter, Bringer of Jollity literally blows my mind. It truly leaves me speechless.

However, they're not nearly written for the same reasons.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacktherer
sounds interesting.

on a side note, you should open your mind to hip hop. its very inspirational.

Don't get me wrong I do like hip hop.

Jurassic 5
Aesop Rock
Most Def
Blackalicious
Deltron
The Roots

And others, those are just some of my favorites.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Should be pretty cool! I wonder if there will be any syncopation? It is the DOC afterall.

I'm not picking on anyone here despite the quote. Having said that I only wish to correct the poster on the totally reasonable assumption that DOC when spoken by Dre refers to himself in the third person, Dr.Dre. This however is incorrect. Dr.Dre uses the acronym D.O.C. to refer to the Department Of Corrections because he's from "the streets" and fancies himself "gangster".

Does anyone here know why Snoop Dogg carries an umbrella?...

...fo drizzle.

STH

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by stopthathurts

I stand corrected

Anyway, I'm sure Dre will drop a few mad beats.

Peace

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
As a music maker...and instrumentalist creator, and as a fan of dre's music, this excites me a ton..

I'm hoping he is talking about the Saturn sound, that is available online..

It's a peaceful eeryness to it but it's beautiful..

and yes it would be better in surround sound...

while it bothers me he takes a decade to release Detox, I'm glad he is thinking outside the box......

And with all the time and money available, he would be one person to sonically pull it off....

I hope he allows himself the time to continue with this..

Peace

o yea btw....S&F for the thread. actually read it on Okplayer earlier today and thought about posting it on here but then I got lazy and made a song instead....;-)

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Many years ago he was also gonna do somthing METAL...called Ghetto metal...that never came to.

top topics

join