It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel threatens to destroy hostile Lebanese border positions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Israel threatens to destroy hostile Lebanese border positions

www.debka.com

Israel has handed Lebanon an ultimatum. Before a line can be drawn on the Lebanese-Israeli clash which flared Tuesday, Aug. 3, the Lebanese Army 9th Brigade commander responsible for sending snipers to shoot at Israeli troops clearing brush on their side of the border and killing Lt. Col. (Res.) Dov Harari, must be dismissed or court-martialed,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Israel says if they don't punish the Lebanese sniper, they'll do it themselves:

UNIFIL carried a warning to Beirut that if the Lebanese army failed to punish the officer, Israel would deem it an enemy force and feel free to destroy its military positions along their border.

The expected reaction from Lebanon:

Far from winding down the Lebanese-Israel border crisis, the Israeli ultimatum looks more like the opening move for the next round. The Beirut government is not expected in Jerusalem, Washington or Naqura to punish the Shiite 9th Brigade officer lest Hizballah throw its weight behind him and canonize him as a national Shiite hero. Israel will then feel free to exercise its options for the Lebanese act of aggression.

All coming to a flashpoint by next Monday when Nasrallah presents evidence:

Time is rushing toward another flashpoint: Hizballah's secretary-general, Hassan Nasrallah, has threatened to pass the buck for the five-year old assassination of former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafiq Hariri to Israel to ease the pressure of guilt preying on his own organization. He promises to present "proof" of Israeli secret service complicity at a press conference on Monday, August 9.

So Hezbollah will respond to IDF attacks inside Lebanon as Nasrallah said on Tuesday that next time Hezbollah will defend the Lebanese army against IDF attacks...... and Israel said they'd respond to Hezbollah attacks by wiping out Lebanon's infrastructure and then Syria (and then probably Iran's).

www.debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-8-2010 by john124]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Gee just this morning both Israel and Lebanon told the UN they were going to work it out.

As predicted here...

I knew it was too good to be true

[Is the link broken or is it me?]

[edit on 8/5/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Could Hezbollah be trying to start a war with Israel by infiltrating the regular Lebanese army, as to prevent civil war if they are responsible for the assassination 5 years ago?..... unless they do have proof they are releasing next Monday of Israeli connections....

Accompanied by King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, Assad attended an urgent summit with Lebanese leaders to discuss an upcoming report by a UN inquiry into the 2005 assassination of Lebanese prime minister Rafik Hariri.

The report is said to implicate Hizbullah in Hariri’s murder and may even include indictments against senior figures in the terrorist movement, such as its secretary-general, Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah.

Since Hizbullah is closely allied with both Syria and Iran, this will necessarily incriminate Damascus and Teheran, if only by association.

And if the report does tarnish Hizbullah, it will be a blow to the two countries’ interests in Lebanon, where both have sought for decades to assert their influence and create some strategic depth.

Undoubtedly, therefore, Nasrallah, Assad and Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad are all of one mind on how best to deal with this rather sticky situation.

And what better way is there to divert the world’s attention than to kindle some bloody gunplay with the Jewish state?

Even if Tuesday’s clash proves to be an isolated incident, it nonetheless advances Syrian and Iranian interests.

By demonstrating that they can easily spark a conflagration at will, Damascus and Teheran are sending a timely reminder to Israel and the US that they won’t hesitate to turn up the temperature in the region to forestall a possible future military raid against Iranian nuclear installations.

www.jpost.com...

www.jpost.com...

[edit on 5-8-2010 by john124]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
"Let's get ready to rumble"!!!!

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 5-8-2010 by freetree64]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Israel banging the Drums of war

they couldnt take out hezbullah, how will they take on a united country

court martial and dimiss, how many of its soliders has Israel court martialed for killed civilians on purpose and so on
what a bunch of morons.

correct me if i am wrong,
didnt israel start pruning trees to place cameras on the boarders?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Do we have anymore confirmed sources about this or is it just "debka"?

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't they spew dis-information all the time?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
Do we have anymore confirmed sources about this or is it just "debka"?

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't they spew dis-information all the time?

Its is very hawkish hardline conservative and of course has an agenda. If you want to know how the hard right in Israel want to see things then it is your place. If you want facts and balance then no so much.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I really hope that it is Debka factor in place. No local media source reports this and actually it would be very foolish for Israel to press on Lebanese government like this and it would be impossible for UNIFIL to support those Israeli demands. Not to mention that it would be impossible for Lebanese government to do this even if they wanted to.
My guess - this officer would be transferred to other place (not on Lebanon - Israeli border) to some higher rank not important position and both Israel and Lebanon would try to forget it ever happened.
Families of dead will not. But in big politics it rarely matters.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Well I'm just going to have to call BS on this one. Debka in my eyes have done nothing but spit out false reports and propaganda that fits in with some other agenda.

I've been searching through all news outlets and cannot find anything on Israel saying they will take punishing measures amd destroy Lebanese order positions... It's ridiculous

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

Yes a no-man zone means exactly that, a no-man zone.

IDF entered a no-man zone and got shot at, in a state of war, you don't enter a no-man zone.

IDF has killed over a thousand Lebanese not long ago, and destroy the south of Lebanon. No one forgets ..

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

If only these Israeli barbarians were as rigorous about respecting other people's rights as they are in defending their own perceived rights. Damned murderous hypocrites. They haven't even apologised for killing the 15 peace activists on the flotilla, yet they demand an apology from the Lebanese army.

These people truly are the most heinous, evil hypocrites.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

When has Israel ever genuinely tried to work out a peaceful solution?

I can't think of one.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man
reply to post by john124

Israel banging the Drums of war

they couldnt take out hezbullah, how will they take on a united country

court martial and dimiss, how many of its soliders has Israel court martialed for killed civilians on purpose and so on
what a bunch of morons.

correct me if i am wrong,
didnt israel start pruning trees to place cameras on the boarders?

What Israel does within her own borders is Israel's business. If I were the PM of Israel, I would have a hard time restraining myself. But I wouldn't want to take any energy off of the coming destruction of Iranian neuclear infrastructure and military assets.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
[Sorry. Duplicate post.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by taskforce4256]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by taskforce4256

Yeah, well, it wasn't within their borders. They were using a crane to go into Lebenon to cut down a tree over there. If only the US were as rigorous about protecting their borders.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by taskforce4256

when its someone elses backyard,
you better restrain your self, i presume your a yank?
isnt legal for people to shoot intruders

edit: i look forward to your wet dream of Israel taking out those nuclear weapons, i presume those WMDs will be in imagineation land

rest of it,
Israel attack
Iran attack back
end of both countries,

[edit on 5-8-2010 by illusive man]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The Daily Show: The Killing Tree

Just to break things up.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

So, It's OK for the Lebanese to destroy Israeli border positions they consider "hostile"?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Could Hezbollah be trying to start a war with Israel by infiltrating the regular Lebanese army, as to prevent civil war if they are responsible for the assassination 5 years ago?..... unless they do have proof they are releasing next Monday of Israeli connections....

No, if this Debka link is true than it's Israel who are trying to start a war here by calling for a Lebanese soldier to be punished when he was just defending Lebanese territory. Israel allegedly states in the link if he is not punished, they will open fire.

The Lebanese Army is made up of people of most, if not all the religions of Lebanon, and there are those who may have membership to different political parties. Hezbollah will be one of them. 'infiltrating' the Lebanese Army is something Hezbollah does not need to do, when it's members can join the Lebanese military overtly, just like members from the other political parties.

Let's see what Nasrallah says on Monday when he says he will reveal evidence of Israeli involvement in the killing of Hariri.

We might see war before then. If Nasrallah has real evidence, that would be convenient for Israel not to see that evidence see the light of day, using the border clashes as a pretext for war.

top topics

join