It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meat of cloned cow offspring in UK food chain, FSA says

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Meat of cloned cow offspring in UK food chain, FSA says

www.bbc.co.uk

Meat from the offspring of a cloned cow was eaten in the UK last year, the Food Standards Agency has said.

Two bulls from the embryos of a cow cloned in the US were born on a farm near Nairn in the Highlands, and meat from one was sold to consumers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
This is totally outragous to say the least!

If you read the rest of the Article it says that the Farmer was allowed to sell th meat, from my understanding it seems as if the consumers were totally unaware of this food.

We really need safegards implemented to either ban this food or have it written on the packaging so that we can avoid buying these products.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
it wouldnt bother me as long as it's beef! may i ask you what worry's you about this?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
The fact that you used the possessive form of 'worry' worries me, seeing as one doesn't exist. Neither should that cow. Capiche?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Exactly that cow shouldnt be there at all.

Nothing beats good meat but it has to be clean and healthy.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I don't know what the fuss is all about.

The Future of meat is factory grown steaks!! In 50 years people will look back and think how barbaric it was to treat animals in such terrible ways.

If anyone has heard a pig die, they will know that animals have a concept of their own mortality and when faced with certain death they scream no just like you or I!!

I enjoy eating meat, I am after all a human and we are carnivores, it is in our nature. But we are more than our nature.

It won't be long before the first commercially available artificial rib eye or Kobe beef hits the supermarkets and when it does it will be the juiciest most succulent healthy steak ever!!

I can't wait, the future is coming my friends!!

Korg.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Fett Pinkus

Ha ha. Oh no we are all going to dieeeeeeeee.

I can't imagine there is much risk to the public from this. I just hope he wasn't fed other cows.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity
I don't know what the fuss is all about.

The Future of meat is factory grown steaks!! In 50 years people will look back and think how barbaric it was to treat animals in such terrible ways.

If anyone has heard a pig die, they will know that animals have a concept of their own mortality and when faced with certain death they scream no just like you or I!!

I enjoy eating meat, I am after all a human and we are carnivores, it is in our nature. But we are more than our nature.

It won't be long before the first commercially available artificial rib eye or Kobe beef hits the supermarkets and when it does it will be the juiciest most succulent healthy steak ever!!

I can't wait, the future is coming my friends!!

Korg.

How do you know what nature humans are of? You've been fed meat, so you eat it. You grew up with it. That's conditioning, not nature.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher
How do you know what nature humans are of? You've been fed meat, so you eat it. You grew up with it. That's conditioning, not nature.

That's very presumptuous of you.

I have lived amongst the people in the provinces of Asia and been in the situation many times where I have chosen which pig I would like to eat, watched it's throat being cut, be degutted and roasted on a spit, then ate along with the people the entire pig... I do mean the entire thing too!!

Red Meat, Fresh fish, Poultry, fruit and vegetables all directly from nature.. These people are not fed, they fend for themselves and rely on each other to survive. They have lived like this for thousands of years, so no it's not conditioning.

In my view they are the lucky ones, even though they look at the west and think we are the ones that are lucky.

Here in the developed world, there is a structure to how food ends up on your plate, that structure is about to change for good.

Korg.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
What exactly is the issue with this?

You do know that most herds are all "genetically engineered" anyway. The act of domesticating and breeding animals to bring certain traits is "genetic engineering".

Any milk or beef you get from a supposed "organic" animal will come from a beast that is most likely inbred to hell and nothing like it's wild ancestor. The concept of "organic" beef or milk is laughable, as it is not possible to get milk or beef from a wild, natural cow because such a thing doesn't exist, at least in the UK.

So you can very well say these cows "aren't meant to be", but what of all the other livestock we've bred and tailored to suit our whims? Surely they too "aren't meant to be".

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

Is that New Age or conspiracy BS talking? We are an omnivorous species by nature We've been eating other animals for millions of years and have the canine teeth all the way back through the hominid lineage.

We can opt out of meat-eating as a good moral decision, but make no mistake, eating meat is certainly natural and not societal conditioning any more than a wolf's diet is societal.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Any milk or beef you get from a supposed "organic" animal will come from a beast that is most likely inbred to hell and nothing like it's wild ancestor. The concept of "organic" beef or milk is laughable, as it is not possible to get milk or beef from a wild, natural cow because such a thing doesn't exist, at least in the UK.

Absolutely!!

I had to laugh a while back when I read this article on BBC news.

Organic 'has no health benefits'

Organic food is no healthier than ordinary food, a large independent review has concluded. There is little difference in nutritional value and no evidence of any extra health benefits from eating organic produce, UK researchers found.

The Food Standards Agency, which commissioned the report, said the findings would help people make an "informed choice". But the Soil Association criticised the study and called for better research. Researchers from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine looked at all the evidence on nutrition and health benefits from the past 50 years.

I still can't believe people are suckered into buying overpriced goods under the name of 'ORGANIC'

If you want to be truly organic then take a leaf out of 'The Good Life' book..

Gosh must be getting old lol

Korg.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Fuss?

Its all about bending Mother Nature. Why should we changed something that has worked for thousands of years?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
My only problem with this is that no-one was informed.

I would have had no qualms whatsoever eating it but I would have expected to have been informed even if just to avoid something like this.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fett Pinkus
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Fuss?

Its all about bending Mother Nature. Why should we changed something that has worked for thousands of years?

Bending nature you say??

We are more than our nature, we have the ablity to shape our own future. It surely is this very trait that makes us Human. If not for this we would all be stuck in the caves of Africa.

I really am surprised that there are still people that seem to fear bio advancements. This next 90 years is going to seem very alien to you I venture.

Korg.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Ever heard of the Natural Law? Nature is beginning to bite us back for all the ways we abuse the Natural Laws. I think t the least we should be informed.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starbug3MY
Ever heard of the Natural Law? Nature is beginning to bite us back for all the ways we abuse the Natural Laws. I think t the least we should be informed.

What a load of claptrap nonsense.

It's thoughts like this that make me feel sick to the core. I suppose you believe that nature sends storms and earthquakes to punish us heathen upstarts right??

Oh and I guess you think we should stop researching a cure for cancer cause those people deserve to suffer and die right??

You people make me sick!!

Korg.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

You seem to be willfully ignoring the fact that animal husbandry, the breeding of animals for certain desirable traits and farming in general goes against "natural Law", even without any cloning involved.

\the cow these animals were cloned from was "engineered" over centuries to produce a beast that makes lots of milk or quality meat. It is significantly different than the original wild animal it is descended from and, if selective breeding in farm animals is anything like it is in "pedigree" dogs, then the beasts are probably mostly inbred, lack many survival traits and behaviours which would most likely make them unable to survive without humans at all.

If your so for "natural law", then the only thing you can do to avoid being a hypocrite is to gather your own vegetables from the wild (good luck with that) and hunt your meat from wild animals (good luck with that too). If you eat any famred produce, be it battery eggs or "organic" cheese then your are messing with "natural law".

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

the cow these animals were cloned from was "engineered"

Gawd don't tell him that cause that's a double damn on nature lol

Some people have no idea about how our world works... It's frankly frightening.

All the best,

Korg.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fett Pinkus
This is totally outragous to say the least!

Why is it outrageous ?

If it looks like meat, tastes like meat and cooks like meat then it probably is meat

Does it really matter if it has come from a cloned animal ? Do you even know what cloning means ?

I think your outrage is outrageous, you don't happen to be religious do you ?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join