It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global warning issued over Hong Kong Virus.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 07:47 AM
link   
A highly contagious "super-flu" that swept though two Hong Kong hospitals could be spread outside Hong Kong.

"It affects a lot of people very quickly and their conditions can deteriorate very quickly,"

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Yikes.. this could be very bad.. very bad indeed. "Super-flu", I don't like the sound of that.. I read Stephen King's The Stand

arc

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 09:19 AM
link   
its certainly a concern, as serious pandemics have swept the globe many times. (think the last one was early 20th century).

Just a slight side note on epidemics - they don't always exist just because the government says so. A good friend of mine works for the NHS and did so during the apparent winter flu epidemic of 2001/2002. I say apparent as it never existed - the NHS was suffering an inability to cope with the normal raised levels of winter illness, so called it an epidemic to save face.

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I like those nonexistant pandemics the best! Always a good excuse to chuck a sickie!

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 08:29 AM
link   
IT GETS WORSE....

Seriously, check this out.

"Singapore and Taiwan have warned citizens against travelling to Hong Kong amid fears over the spread of a deadly flu.
Singapore has also urged its population not to travel to Hanoi in Vietnam or China's Guangdong province "unless absolutely necessary".

"In Hong Kong, officials have urged the public not to panic saying they are doing everything possible to contain the virus."

CLICK HERE

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 09:22 AM
link   
They will design viruses which will only affect specific genotype groups.

3rd world, will be wiped out. According to the their plan.

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
We already have that with AIDS. The only evidence we need of that is the fact that Blacks and Asians are genetically far more susceptible to it than other races. Name me one other virus or disease that differentiates between races.
(I really would like to know if someone knows of one....)

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 03:00 PM
link   
EVERYTHING is made in Hong Kong!!!

Sickle Cell, Kegs...that's one...

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Reports today that quarentines have been set up in Europe.

I'm not suggesting that this is anything more than a nasty virus but it would be wise to keep an eye on it.

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Yikes! This kinda frightens me since we are over in Okinawa. We've had strange illnesses here too. My husband has had a terrible cough for about a month now-just a cough-no other symptoms. And me, my daughter and a couple of friends have had ear bleeds?
We've all been to the Dr. and they are clueless?? I've never had an ear bleed for crying out loud! But anyway, I hope that super flu doesn't make it's way here since we have alot of people traveling to and fro here and mainland.

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   
the world health organization just issued a travel warning due to like 150 cases of deadly pneumonia... sounds like the illness you have been discussing here.

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Yes, it is. And here's more...

"People are not responding to antibiotics or antivirals. It's a highly contagious disease and it's moving around by jet. It's bad."

CLICK HERE

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Is it a coincidence that this is happeing now?
Or has "biowarfare" begun? in a place where millions of people move aound and have international connections ... a great place to start a plague ...

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Yeah I'm sure its JUST a coincidence.. LMAO. This is going to raise terror threat level up to that brand new orange level and it will be pinned on the iraqi's eventually.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Do i have to remind you that small pox first simptoms is flu?
Usually it gets worse in 10 days. New strains may take longer.

Get ready.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Oh #ty bollocks,

First 'suspected' U.K case has been detected...
looks like their trying to downplay the whole thing. which if their trying to reassure us, does the opposite for me.

CLICK HERE

[Edited on 17-3-2003 by kegs]

arc

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 07:21 AM
link   
not sure about downplaying - did you read the linked article on pandemics?

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 07:28 AM
link   
No I didn't, though i've read others. (relatively) busy at the mo, i'm at work. Just when their talking about
"its doesnt look like a zing dinger'', "i would be less alarmed than that", "unlikely that it is flu", "i wouldnt get too worried about this" etc It looks a bit that even though its obviously pretty bad their starting to do a bit of the old 'DONT PANIC!!!!!' which is a bit worrying.

[Edited on 17-3-2003 by kegs]

top topics

join