It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratualtions MSM Media for helping to make MASSACRE possible

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The MSM and whomever pulls their strings must be pleased with themselves. A shooting massacre that killed 9 people was a direct result of their efforts. TV bobble heads are reporting that the man (black) responsible was claiming race was the reason he snapped.

As much as I'd like to blame the Democrats for most of this Race talk lately, the Republicans enjoy it's fruits just as much. BOTH are guilty of using race to their advantage. They've pulled our strings through the MSM media propaganda outlets to make everyone believe we're all racists and we all hate each other. Great job prodding the weak minded until one snaps.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
From article : MANCHESTER MASSACRE: Latest reports say nine dead, including gunman in Manchester shooting ;

"A warehouse worker who had been called in to resign his job at a beer distributor opened fire there Tuesday morning, a company executive said"

www.registercitizen.com...

It was not race related the man was upset over being forced to resign.

~meathead

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Fox news, Megan Kelly said a black man responsible for the shooting rampage was upset over being "racially harassed".

So here we go

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

I am reminded of "controlled implosion" MS! Another day in tha life?

Where is the MSM contribution angle on this? Oh I see, Fox news...well there you go. You would think they learned their lesson after the Sherrod incident!

Edit To Add: excerpt from fox news -

FOX61 in Hartford is reporting that the shooting may have been racially motivated, and that Thornton reportedly told his girlfriend that he had been discriminated against, and that a supervisor did nothing.

www.foxnews.com...

spec

[edit on 3-8-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well there ya go...Fox news! Now who was it again that brought race into this story? FOX NEWS, not the dems, the republican news network called Fox News

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
If you only see Fox news or "the right" playing the race card, you are truly blind

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The News didn't bring race into this story. Race was the man's defense that his union was using to object to his job troubles. He was being asked to resign, and he was using race as the excuse for being a poor employee.

NOW, we can still blame the MSM, because race is a much bigger issue in the news than it is in real life. My job is about 80% black, and I am a white supervisor, and we almost never have any problems related to race. Once in a while, a very poor employee will bring it up, and I simply show them the documented violations of our policies, procedures, and standards, and I reiterate all the previous meetings, counselings, and write-ups. Race does make great headlines, but in the real world it isn't a very effective tool for or against anybody.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I think me and you were the only ones who read that

And imo its not just Fox news that is overstating the race issue it is all of the MSM, they just choose differant stories to twist. And fox just seems to do a better job at it.

~meathead

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I have been following this story on MSNBC all day and I have not heard once that this man was African-American or any other race factors in this equation. What I heard was that he was being called in and was going to be fired(?) and he was very disgruntled.

Also I only thought 7 people were shot and 4 dead, maybe I should check in for an update.

FAUX needs to stop bringing race into everything. It should really tell people something when you have a network that keeps saying, "Fair and Balanced". You shouldn't have to tell your viewers that, unless you want to brainwash them into believing it.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Before some of you just blame Fox for this, lets not forget CNN and MSNBC wheeling out Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and on and on for the past couple weeks talking up the race issue.

They are all guilty of pushing this issue. Individuals and "Rock music" have been prosecuted for a less direct cause and effect.

I suggest that if the 'race stories" weren't aired for the past few weeks, this might now have happened. MIGHT.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
From the AP:

MANCHESTER, Conn. — A woman who knows the driver who fatally shot at least eight co-workers and himself at a Connecticut beer distribution company says he had complained of racial harassment at work. Source

NECN:

Joanne Hannah's daughter, Kristi, dated Thornton for eight years. She tells NECN that every man has their breaking point -- after he had dealt with racial harassment at work. Source

As far as I know they arent "fox" affiliated.

Edited to fix link. Hopefully.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I find it interesting that certain sides react differently to race in the news.

If the person who did the shooting is black then one side says nothing and gets upset if the other mentions it.

If the one who did the shooting is white, then the race card is drawn and put up on the headlines.

Yes, it is a tool used by both sides of the media to get a reaction but it sure is funny how one side feels that it should be their tool to use and the other should just keep it's mouth shut.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
CNN has been playing the race card lately more often.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Fox 61, maybe a Fox Affiliate but I can tell you they are NOT owned by NewsCorp, but by another company, WTIC has been around for ages and ages in these parts and has always been reliable, also every other major news station here (WFSB, WTNH, WWLP, WGGB, etc) are all in on it as is WDRC (The United States' First Commercial FM station)

All are saying the same thing, the guy was upset over racial harrasment.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Fair enough!

Yes there is plenty of blame to go around all of MSM, sensationalism at it's finest.

spec

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Oh, he was picked on because of his race. Well in that case it excuses the 8 murders. Thank goodness for that.

As stable as this guy was I'm sure there was no way in hell that he perceived nonracial issues as racial issues. There's just no way.

btw, can the 8 dead still be charged with a hate crime? Can the family's of the 8 dead be sued by the family of Omar? Somebody certainly needs to pay up for this unfortunate hate crime on poor Omar.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Tyr Sog]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
TY Thisguyrighthere for digging up those links

the first one is not working, but the other has a good video in it, the interview was interesting.

if this was racially motivated it would seem that the beer ditributer did not want to be the ones bringing that aspect to light. they made no mention of it in the link i provided above. Also i find it curious that this Mother of the girlfriend is giving us a 3rd hand version of the racial slant. Have you ever played the game telephone as a child?

I am looking forward to hearing more from the company, and also the union. I am now sure there is alot more to this story.

~meathead

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

So are all of you willing to "eat crow" then when it turns out that he was upset about something racial and it was motivated by that? And FOX was the one that reported it?

Or will you all just dodge the issue and continue your bashing on the news network because it doesnt fit your agenda?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Having been a Teamster in this state for 20 years and know the particular local involved, I would have to say that this guy must have been a real pain the A$$ to begin with. You have to be really uncooperative and ignoring the contractual tenants of your job to get that far in the process that the company asks him to come in and resign. It takes years to get someone fired here if they are Teamster members. Lot's of paperwork and reports as well as continuous bad reviews and job performance. It sounds more like he thought he should get special treatment due to race than any real race problem within the company.

Zindo

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
My network view:

FOX: Republican news outlet - hugely biased to favor the right.
MSNBC: Democratic news outlet - again hugely biased to favor the left.

CNN: to me leans left, but tries to play itself off as a more neutral network. Also the MOST guilty of playing the race card with stupid shows like "Black in America" and "Latino in America".

Infotainment at it's best. Just like the phony left/right choice for politicians, you're given the same non-choice with TV media.

The bias is so obvious it's stunning intelligent people still don't see it. The point is they are ALL crap. They are all controlled. They all try to manipulate their audience and generally do a pretty good job of it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join