It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me why you deny Jesus Christ died for your sins.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 02:27 PM
link   
hello this post is to crare but anyone else who wants to read it can.

crare god is not being a dick. okay? the reason he doesnt come down her is because he wants you to have faith if god made it that easy then everyone could just go to heaven. god wants you to go to heaven but he wants you to also believe without seeing. its as plain and simple as that.

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MSimpsonBQGod preaches contrary to my lord. I did not dream of God in a blooded hallway, I did not witness miracles of God, God has produced nothing but false teachings, mixing truth with lies.

What you've been seeing is the difference between the truth of the original scriptures themselves being mixed with the lies of "traditional teachings"...The truth is there, but you need to research the origins of the scriptures & how the scholars had translated them. You also need to be aware of how political concerns have been snuck into the "teachings" & been passed off as truth.

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I won't say whether or not I believe in god, but here is some food for thought.
Many inconsistencies exist between the event of Jesus's crucifiction, and how they are historically documented to be. Inconsistencies also exist between the three books giving accounts of the crucifiction, one possibly even saying that Jesus never died, instead it was mere symbolism. For more information check out the book "Holy Blood, Holy Grail."
If there is a god, how did he come to be? Something else created him, so is he truly the most powerful being?
Why would Jesus have to die for our sins, if god was all powerful? Did he want his son to suffer, when he could have just fixed the problem himself?
The Bible is a book that has many inconsistencies, and that was written, in general, many years after the fact. Today it seems that religion is often used as a shield, to defend the minds of those who do not care to search for the truth. This could be described using the "Tenacity" method of belief from the American pragmatist philosopher Pierce. This is a method where the individual does not allow any other belief into his mind, and will not even consider it due to the change he will have to experience.

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 12:59 AM
link   
God is infinite whatever infinity is...if you were even a half-wit in math you'd understand nothing in this Universe is infinite, so whatever set it in motion, if being infinite, then would be unfathomable.

If not, then he'd be no different than say Odin, or the ghost of christmas past, each cycle of creation gets its own god kinda thing lol.

Doesn't matter, that "creation mechanism" even if we find it to be "natural" is God...all you can do is deny he has consiousness and motivations, but you can not deny that the creation mechanism, that started everything, is God, after all, whatever that mechanism is, it is not apart of this existance.

Or we'd be having universes blowing up everywhere there was a black hole.

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Even though i disagree with you on certian things, your are right about what you said above. God is everywhere. You can find God in a church, but that's not the only place. Even jesus said it himself( the vatican denounces it but in "Jesus" later teaching he said that you don't need the church to find God you only need to look within one self)

You can climb a mountian and look down at the vastness of the land and see the bueaty of God(Moses went into the mountians and Gods spoke to him and then he came back down with the commandments. You can walk down the street in the spring and feel the holy sprit engulf you. If you open your eyes and your hearts you will be able to find GOD.

We need to stop with my religion is right and your religoin is wrong. Religioin is man-made(especally the concept of the trinty and christianty. About a good 800 years after his death)and God is forever.

P.S Jesus Christ wasn't his name that was his title. One being a poilitcal title and the other and religious. Kind of like Sentor and how you call a preist Father. Look it up people.

Peace yall

[Edited on 2-4-2003 by abstract_alao]

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by abstract_alao
Even though i disagree with you on certian things, your are right about what you said above. God is everywhere. You can find God in a church, but that's not the only place. Even jesus said it himself( the vatican denounces it but in "Jesus" later teaching he said that you don't need the church to find God you only need to look within one self)

You can climb a mountian and look down at the vastness of the land and see the bueaty of God(Moses went into the mountians and Gods spoke to him and then he came back down with the commandments. You can walk down the street in the spring and feel the holy sprit engulf you. If you open your eyes and your hearts you will be able to find GOD.

We need to stop with my religion is right and your religoin is wrong. Religioin is man-made(especally the concept of the trinty and christianty. About a good 800 years after his death)and God is forever.

P.S Jesus Christ wasn't his name that was his title. One being a poilitcal title and the other and religious. Kind of like Sentor and how you call a preist Father. Look it up people.

Peace yall

[Edited on 2-4-2003 by abstract_alao]

Jesus is our savior.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
well we did a study on knowing if the bible is true or not and because of all the prophesies that have been proven and because of all the stuff that has happened in the future that was said in the bible and now has come true it is an odd of 1 to 300000000000000000 chance that its not true. so hold on to your seat you cant beat those odds. oh and there have been so many proofs that there actually was a jesus christ. the reason that he doesnt have this universal truth or whatever is because he wants you to step out on a limb and have faith. i dont see why anybody would actually deny him when he is all good and he is there for you every second of the day. some people say " oh he didnt answer my prayers" well guess what he said NO. oh and id like to see anyone that hasnt sinned besides jesus. thats not right. you think youve never sinned. well saying what you said is a sin. so i guess you have sinned havent you?

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   
they have proved that there was a jesus christ. fact. they have also proved some parts of the bible. fact. do u really think that Jesus Christ would die for nothing? that he would die for something that he didn't believe in? would anyone die for anything? really, because everyone at one time or another has doubts for what they believe in especially in a time of crisis. do you really think he would die doubting? Antichrist, you said you never sinned. seems, kinda odd. haven't you ever lied to you parents or friends? or even to yourself? have you ever stolen something? it doesn't matter if it's "big" or "small", it's still a sin. you may not admit to it and you may never but you know that sometime you have sinned. no one can make you believe in something that you don't want to. but look at how many people have believed in god and his son for as long as this world has been. seems there would be a little truth in something believed by zillions of poeple. there are many beliefs out there as to how the world started and what happens when we die but look at the evidence as to God and the Bible and i choose the Bible because it answers the most question, in fact it answers every question of mine. if a man wrote the book, do you really think he could have answered every question that people have asked? and yes, man wrote the book, but by god's words. i don't care if i step on anybody's toes, that's what i'm here for.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join