It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Posts Mysterious 'Insurance' File

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by awakentired

Originally posted by awakentired

Insurance file. Means to me that I acknowledge your ability to reach out and touch me. Just so you know that IF you do I will piss on you from the hereafter.

Bingo. In the case of a hit (either on the site or on Assange) or any other emergency situation, this insurance file could be 'dropped', so to speak. Now it would have to be something more damaging than the current war logs, secret diplomatic dealings?

Whats scary is the size of the file. I'm no expert on encryption and don't know if the file size is that large simply due to the encryption technique, but if isn't, just imagine how much information is in this thing... 1.4GB... enough dirt on Clinton to make her wet her bed.

+22 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
He must be a plant. Wikileaks must be a front.

Is this the latest disinformation campaign on ATS? I have seen quite a few threads about this just in the last day now, and people coming out saying that Wikileaks is a front and getting starred for it by their friends.

Could this be about attempting to turn attention away from Wikileaks and erode the trust because its getting so much attention?

[edit on 31-7-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by awakentired

I'm thinking the same thing. Perhaps it was encrypted in a way that was intentionally meant to be unbreakable by anyone outside of the government. The government does crack it open to find that, uh oh, he's got something really big. And if the crap does hit the fan, he can go public with the decryption and everyone who has downloaded the file can access whatever it contains.

I still sit on the fence about whether or not Wikileaks is trustworthy, but if this massive file is meant for the purpose we're thinking about here, then I'd be inclined to reconsider my opinion.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by brill

Simply breathtaking insurance policy. Oh man, if only we knew what was in it.

On the one hand it sounds inherent that we need to know what's in it, and on the other we need wikileaks to not go down. Whatever it is, it's likely it would just confirm some huge thing a lot of people out there assume to be true anyways.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Q_Llama

I would be willing to wager that the target has the key and knows exactly what's in it. Otherwise, they may choose to call his bluff. The only way he has real leverage is for them to know the exact content, and that is his hostage. In any other scenario, I can see they may be willing to play.

Exact security - insurance - can only come with acknowledgement that whatever it is, it is extremely important. People have short memories, and leaving them wondering they may tend to forget those really important things.

With them knowing, he has placed an exact price on his life.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by Libertygal]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Just a random thought, but if Assange is a plant - perhaps he's become concerned that he's being set up to "take one for the team" so to speak. In that case, couldn't the file be the proof that the PTB set the whole thing up from go? As in, anything happens to me and I'll shine the headlights on what's really been going on here.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
With them knowing, he has placed an exact price on his life.

Which is why this file probably contains not only information about extreme war crimes committed by the US, but probably something else that the public will never forgive or forget.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

What about tech that the world knows nothing about?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
reply to post by Copernicus

What about tech that the world knows nothing about?

Maybe, but would such information really be severe enough? Lets speculate that technology based on UFO's would become public knowledge. I can see that the public would want to know why that technology has not been used to get rid of oil and combustion engines all over the planet, but do you see any other consequences from it?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Wouldn't make sense to put information like that on the Afghanistan war logs page. It only makes sense that the information is in some way related to the war on terror.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I really wish our government would simply tell people the truth about things so that rogue people do not have to risk their life and sanity to get the truth out. I find it silly that the released Afghan war reports contained very little sensitive information. In fact it contained information of cover-ups to the American people. When we get honest with ourselves maybe there will be no need for Wikileaks. Until then thank god someone has the smarts enough to create a digital insurance policy.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Maybe it's the Iraq files they're getting ready to post. They're staging.

The Iraq files are like three times as many as the Afghanistan ones, so that might account for the large size.

They probably have lots of copies of the packed file in lots of places (hence "insurance" should something "happen" to them), and they've move a copy over to begin unpacking it.

[edit on 7/31/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Downloading now. Then will wait patiently should the time come for them to release a cipher.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
This is sort of a side thought about Assange, and it is pure speculation. Someone in another thread mentioned that he has connections with the Chaos Computer Club (CCC). In the late 1980s some German hackers, who were loosely associated to CCC, were involved with cyberespionage, and their efforts rewarded with payments from the KGB. This was back before the internet as we know it today (there were networks connected to each other, but mostly for academic and governmental usage), so that sort of thing was much different than today, and it is important to note that CCC is also different today than it was at that time. Anyway, I can't help wondering if there are any communications going on between Assange, or perhaps others within the Wikileaks organization, and governments other than that of the USA. I imagine that there would be some leaders in other countries who would pay handsomely for certain information. At the very least it seems plausible that he could receive protection from a government which sympathizes with what Wikileaks is trying to do.

Like I said, just a thought and some speculation...

EDITS: Fixed some wording.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by John_Q_Llama]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I'm not talking about UFO's...the Afghan war is politics and important due to economics and politics...

But it doesn't even scrape the surface of what has been happening for decades...

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Not sure if anyone has already mentioned it, but maybe the file is insurance for the safety or release of manning?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
But it doesn't even scrape the surface of what has been happening for decades...

Im pushing the "I would like to know more" button over here.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
If you hover over the insurance file name it says straw glass and bottle. Anybody know what that is? I know when I searched for that the only thing I found was a site called alibaba selling glass straws I think. But maybe the password is open sesame? that would be kinda funny if it was.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by sandman441
If you hover over the insurance file name it says straw glass and bottle. Anybody know what that is? I know when I searched for that the only thing I found was a site called alibaba selling glass straws I think. But maybe the password is open sesame? that would be kinda funny if it was.

I know Im probably doing a whole lot of projection now, but I found this page:

www.thekeyboard.org.uk...

Its about an exercise for telekinesis where they are able to rotate a straw that is balanced on a bottle.

Which brings me all kinds of ideas. There are whistle blowers that are talking about some pretty extreme things when it comes to black ops soldiers with trained psychic abilities.

There is no formal evidence for any of this, but knowing the mindset of the militaries around the world, I have no doubt they would attempt things like this. There is plenty of records from the 50's and 60's showing all kinds of military projects related to Remote Viewing, Mind Control and other things. The only question is how far they have gotten with it today, 50 years later.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sandman441

leakmirror.__._/file/straw-glass-and-bottle/insurance.aes256

I don't know why, but this intrigued me.

Straw man

glass house

bottle ?

Why in the world would someone choose that name? It struck my fancy, for sure!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join