It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Republicans always embrace the reptilian side of things?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
I'll just wait for the next issue on health, the next issue on human rights, equality, or the environment, or the next debate on war to see which side the Right takes.

I would love to know a moment in history or especially in current events where an undeniably good moral stance was taken by the Right over the Left. Enlightenment me please.

After 3 pages of discussion I have yet to see the non-reptilian answer for Republicans... Nothing but complex reasons to side with inequality, money or bloodshed.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by spiritualzombie]

Is it not a moral stance to not want to give away free health care, or bloat the welfare state, at the expense of people who work hard?

Is respect for our work not a moral act?

Even better, lets not compare one turd with another. After 3 pages of discussion you are still clinging to a false dichotomy. The "left" represents right brain thinking, while the "right" represents left brain thinking. Something for everyone. But the same result, despite the differing outlook. Hmmmm......

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
You are not talking only about respect for your work... There is an undertone of resentment and judgment of those people in need. Food stamps are not an envious lifestyle, but I understand you feel they are getting a free lunch to be on welfare and you don't see why a few cents from every tax dollar you spend should have to go to those people who don't have a job. Maybe you would prefer that money to go to war. Or maybe you prefer to keep those few cents from every tax dollar for yourself. Why should your hard work go toward the benefit of the less fortunate. Yes, indeed, a moral dilemma.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
i think people have missed the most obvious point here.

we the people if you are a human did not evolve from reptiles/snakes.....

while i am a conservative and proud of it.......... im pretty sure i evolved from a monkey............

so i can say with a certain degree i know i didnt evolve from a reptile but maybe mr president did(snake cause the man does speak with a forked tongue).....from my persepective the things hes done and continues to do well some people can say they have been cold blooded.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

You are not talking only about respect for your work... There is an undertone of resentment and judgment of those people in need. Food stamps are not an envious lifestyle, but I understand you feel they are getting a free lunch to be on welfare and you don't see why a few cents from every tax dollar you spend should have to go to those people who don't have a job. Maybe you would prefer that money to go to war. Or maybe you prefer to keep those few cents from every tax dollar for yourself. Why should your hard work go toward the benefit of the less fortunate. Yes, indeed, a moral dilemma.

I would rather not have the tax to begin with. It is my work, i want to decide how the fruits of that work is spent. If i choose to not fund a program that gives money in exchange for nothing, then that is my prerogative.

This gets into the whole area of the abject failure of our school systems, so i will skirt the issue by just summarizing it thusly: If someone gets something for nothing, they will always expect something for nothing. Laziness is a natural human state, and an easy habit to pick up.

It isn't about less fortunate people. It is about freeloaders. Those are two different groups, and our government does a piss poor job of differentiating between them. My prejudices are not imagined, and come from a lifes experience. I have managed those who chose to quit working for me (at a decent pay rate) to accept the government teet. They made more money doing it that way. I have heard the moms tell their teenage daughters that they need to have lots of kids so that they can get a big check. Meanwhile, there are Wal Mart bags littering our roadways, elderly that need feeding, and excessively long lines at all government offices. Why are people getting something for nothing?

It is absolutely immoral to decide for me how my money will be spent. Or to decide that the fruits of my efforts are too great, and need to be shared with others. I don't have much as it is, after raising two boys (1 on his way to Texas Tech....GUNS UP!!!), i am not in a position to share with someone who chooses to have an unstable personal life, usurping any chance at a stable professional life. The crackheads (which are aplenty in West Texas) should not be benefiting from the time i spend away from my family, earning a living. That is the opposite of liberty, and I do not stand for it. No way.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
what do you mean by reptilian side of things? i hope you aren't talking about some kind of aliens... the only "proof" we have of reptilian aliens are stories written by people who say they telepathically talk to aliens and are taken through the universe in space ships... i mean come on they have to be crazy. if someone told you they have a telepathic link to a spaceship while you were standing at the bus stop, wouldn't you feel pretty uncomfortable? wouldn't you think they were bat sh*t crazy? of course you would, so just look at the stories you read online in that sense, if someone told me this would i believe it. don't be so gullible and stupid.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

If race is an issue... they are anti-race.
If it's a matter of rights for women or gays... they are anti-rights.
If it's a question of free healthcare, the answer is no.
If it's a question of war, the answer is yes.
Environment vs Oil... gotta go with Oil.

Let us use your list...

If race is an issue...
When it comes to the race issue, Republicans are against anything that is divisive in nature. Color-blind and tolerance are their code of ethics. Democrats came up with the politically correct ideology, which places a hyphen in front of your ethnicity. Democrats also tried to prevent outlawing slavery. Now they use the race card to obtain power. Republicans want people to let go of their culture, so they can assimilate harmoniously with their fellow citizens.

If it's a matter of rights for women or gays...
Republicans believe in a heightened sense of morality, which is based upon their external influences such as religion, family, and country. I agree that sometimes both Democrats and Republicans can be too liberal or conservative.

If it's a question of free healthcare...
When you think about Obamacare in general, not to pick on Obama, the devil is deep in the details. Healthcare 'insurance' reform without mandates is acceptable, for it does not force anyone to pay or buy something for another 'capable' person. It is similar to economic slavery.

Can we reduce the price of healthcare and pass insurance reforms without mandates? Why not?

If it's a question of war...
I don't think this is entirely true. If you go back through history, not just recent history, you will find many Republicans seeking diplomatic means to resolve issues. Usually, peace keepers (Democrats and Republicans) start wars. Republicans are just stronger when it comes to securing our overall defenses. Democrats are more interested in social systems, so they cut defensive spending to such a point that it makes our country weaker. That leaves the door open for our enemies to attack.

If it's a question of Environment vs Oil...
Out of all the resources necessary for economic and defensive stability, which one do you think 'currently' ensures such success? Water?

You have to keep in mind that, "He who has control over the Earth's resources wins the world." It is all about Darwinism, which is a constant when it comes to human survival. Even though you and I may 'think' the world is friendly, the reality is that there are people willing to kill us for world dominance.

Regardless about how friendly people (foreign citizens) are online, they will fire upon you on a battlefield if they are drafted. Wars are about gathering resources (water, oil, wheat, etc...), and the ability to maintain a strong flow of those resources.

Since the Earth has become slightly smaller, due to population and resources, we might not have any other choice except for long-term war. Who knows? Space exploration is a great means to find new resources, so that wars are no longer necessary. However, you can thank Obama for ending NASA's human space exploration program. Now, wars may be inevitable.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Interesting post, very thought out... I'm reminded of a line from one of the Lord of the Rings movies... goes something like, "Your words would seem like wisdom but for the warning in my heart."

It seems there is always a long complex explanation for why Republicans time and time again embrace inequality, war, oil, money, and always fear.

I'll try to keep an open mind and watch closely for the next ethics/moral issue to be raised to see which side the Republicans embrace... So far they have been very predictable in their 'dark side', 'keep the lemmings in fear' approach.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Interesting post, very thought out... I'm reminded of a line from one of the Lord of the Rings movies... goes something like, "Your words would seem like wisdom but for the warning in my heart."

It seems there is always a long complex explanation for why Republicans time and time again embrace inequality, war, oil, money, and always fear.

I'll try to keep an open mind and watch closely for the next ethics/moral issue to be raised to see which side the Republicans embrace... So far they have been very predictable in their 'dark side', 'keep the lemmings in fear' approach.

You are correct. They have been very predictable in their using fear to scare people into voting for them as their "savior".

And then the Democrats are predictable in their using the rewards of social programs to buy their votes.

Like I said, it is all a scam. The end result is always the same.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Yet again... the reptilian nature of the Republicans is revealed...

Republicans block a vote on 'don't ask don't tell' policy.

So, it can't even be voted on... Does that sound like freedom and equality? Personally, I don't understand why any gays would want to fight and die for a country that doesn't support them. I can only guess that their love for their country is greater than their country's hate for them.

But why does it have to be this way? Why do republicans always embrace the side of discrimination and inequality?

edit on 21-9-2010 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

The thing they blocked also included the DREAM illegal immigrant amnesty. They had to block it.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The DREAM Act is worthy of a debate and vote just as much as 'Don't Ask Don't Tell' Policy. As I understand it, this does not provide citizenship... it basically says, if you were brought here as a child, and you have a high school education, good moral character (a clean record) and meet one of the two following criteria (complete two years of college or served the American military), you are automatically granted a green card... Which then allows you a path to gain citizenship through the normal legal channels.

Seems reasonable to me... but clearly open to debate.

But the discriminating nature of the Republican base is against even a vote on this issue.

edit on 21-9-2010 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs

What I'm talking about is a characteristic that embodies a darkness in people that gravitate toward fear, hate, aggression.

In my mind, I'm thinking... This natural aggression that embraces war, or believes in the in-equality of gays, or the suppression of women's rights... I'm thinking the loyalty to oil companies over the environment... or the loyalty to health insurance companies over an option of free or universal healthcare...

I'm trying to understand why Republicans seem to always put money and military above all other things? And what's really weird to me is that the Right seems to have the religious vote on their side. It seems to me that love of money and military would be opposite of what you would expect from people who follow the teachings of Jesus.

I'm just trying to understand... This is a party issue because these things do not appear to be completely equal in both parties... at least not in the propaganda that each side preaches.

Granted, both sides are full of propaganda. But I just wonder why the propaganda of the Right seems to push forth a fear agenda and a pro-war agenda, and an inequality agenda.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by spiritualzombie]

[edit on 30-7-2010 by spiritualzombie]

(all the below is my humble opinion, forgive the absolutist phrasing)

1) Republicans believe in a strong defense cuz that's the best way to protect from the bad guys (Si vis pacem, para bellum). 'Provide for common defense' is a Constitutional mandate.

2) repubs don't get the 'religious' vote, they tend to get the Christian / traditional morality vote in the U.S.

3) oil companies provide gas for our cars, heat for our homes, electricity, etc. what do regulations provide? protection for the four-finned snail toad? we MUST have some balance; too many democrats are too fanatical about restricting corporations.

4) re; the teachings of Jesus; sanctity of marriage and private (i.e., non-government) charity are Republican/conservative staples.

5) health insurance companies (like all companies) need some policing, but does anyone think that the gummint running our health care will be an impovement?

6) fear? the democrats constantly push fear and class warfare (the repubs are taking away your social security! the repubs want to allow LSC Petroleum to drill for oil off our coast!).

disagreeing wi political viewpoints is one thing, but come on...reptilian?

1) Republicans believe in a strong defense cuz that's the best way to protect from the bad guys (Si vis pacem, para bellum). 'Provide for common defense' is a Constitutional mandate.

~~~Democrats believe in a strong defense. No American wants to be brought down by another nation. What Democrats don't want is for our military to be mobilized for nefarious, clandestine purposes of pillaging and plundering to create staggering wealth for multinational corporations.~~~

2) repubs don't get the 'religious' vote, they tend to get the Christian / traditional morality vote in the U.S.

~~~Christ died on the cross to deliver humanity from the ruin of their own sin in an act of forgiveness. His gift was twofold: forgiving us, (all sinners--not just the non-homosexuals or the white males but all) and providing us with the tool that trumps everything in Satan's arsenal: forgiveness itself as the antecedent to harboring vengeance and resentment. God is love, he wants us to use love to defeat evil. The devil uses vengeance and resentment as mediums to control humanity with evil. I don't care how Christian you are, if you're shooting abortion doctors, if you're a bigot (regardless of political party), you are doing the devil's work, not God's. (FYI, I am stoutly anti-abortion)~~~

3) oil companies provide gas for our cars, heat for our homes, electricity, etc. what do regulations provide? protection for the four-finned snail toad? we MUST have some balance; too many democrats are too fanatical about restricting corporations.

~~~oil companies provide gas, heat our homes etc. but oil isn't the only method of achieving those objectives. Oil companies also lobby and use unethical tactics to stifle the emergence of any competitive, more efficient and less costly resources. Democrats aren't "fanatical" about regulations, they simply believe that they are necessary to protect individuals from corporate malevolence which is already historically demonstrated. The only reason you even take that position is because oil companies invest billions in the political system to garner that sentiment. You can get a lot of people to repeat Newspeak mantras with billions of dollars. You've simply taken the bait. Seriously. Do you really want pharmaceutics companies to fast track putting drugs on the market that could potentially kill? Do you really want oil companies to dump toxic chemicals into the environment while we turn a blind eye? Seriously? Wow.~~~

4) re; the teachings of Jesus; sanctity of marriage and private (i.e., non-government) charity are Republican/conservative staples.

~~~Please don't try to use the Jesus card because some of us non-neo-cons are devoted and you will be schooled. Matthew 5 1-9 1: And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him: 2: And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying, 3: Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 4: Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. 5: Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. 6: Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. 7: Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. 8: Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. 9: Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. Sorry, but the Tea Party doesn't exactly embody a who lot of that...

What charitable acts are they famous for exactly? This is not a rhetorical question. I'd love to see a list. Remember, we're talking about the same folks who voted against healthcare for the 9/11 first responders who are now dying off from throat and lung cancer. Ouch.

Sanctity of marriage is not what's being debated. It's the definition of marriage. You really don't see how bigotry toward gays could be at the root of this, and not some hooey line about devotion to Christ from people who likely couldn't recount to you one sentence of His Sermon on the Mount? I'm guessing if you were more objective, you'd understand why there is suspicion here.~~~

5) health insurance companies (like all companies) need some policing, but does anyone think that the gummint running our health care will be an impovement?

~~~The Healthcare bill does not implement government run healthcare. This is a flat out deceptive claim made by those in government in league with the insurance companies due to massive payouts. They OWE them a repeal and they'll do whatever they can to get it. Even if it means lying to the American people. Read the bill because watching Fox News doesn't exactly constitute research. THEN we'll discuss it. I don't want you to discuss what Glenn Beck said, I will only discuss what you actually read. Otherwise, your credibility is negligible.~~~

6) fear? the democrats constantly push fear and class warfare (the repubs are taking away your social security! the repubs want to allow LSC Petroleum to drill for oil off our coast!).

~~~Those things are actually happening. The social security fund will run out of money by 2037, just in time for my 67th birthday. So you're saying I have nothing to fear? Ummm. k.

Not every non-neo-con is in lockstep about oil drilling (or anything to the degree "the right" is, for that matter.) The problem is that oil companies have a shoddy safety record that warrants concern. Democrats are "evil" for having higher safety standards? They're trying to, what, ruin the world be keeping corporations from wielding unchecked power to poison without consequence purely for profit? This entire ideology seems completely hinged on the absurd. It's one thing to disagree with that point of view but to spew so much hatred toward folks who simply see it that way raises suspicion flags, sorry. There is some serious systematic conditioning happening in America.~~~

disagreeing wi political viewpoints is one thing, but come on...reptilian?

~~reptilian is a monolithic, far-fetched leap into an entirely different realm of thought that requires a bit more suspension of disbelief than I can handle. But again, non-neo-cons are not in lockstep, as your own lockstep mindset would lead you to believe. These are people with ideas and believes that span a wide spectrum. Only Fox News is there to lead you to believe otherwise. Sadly.~~~

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

Perhaps, we could "level" the playing field and take a "flip" side to your thread title: "Why do Democrats always embrace the demonic side of things?

Pro race. No diversity in cultural heritage, black or white, etc. Just one type of race, human.
Pro choice/death. No more traditional marriage between a man and a woman for making/creating/giving birth/life to babies.
Pro health. No free lunch either. Very costly for food and health.
Pro war. Demand what you want. It's the same thing as war, only without lethal weapons.
Pro environment. Certain bacteria can "eat" oil, not nuclear waste or used up batteries.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Reptillian in that it stems from the primitive parts of your brain.

The parts that control Fear (and all that stems from that, conformity etc), Sex, Violence and all the other crap that humans technically have the hardware to over come.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Just felt like reminding people that this is consistently the case... EPA... gotta get rid of that... That way we can keep those emissions up, global warming... mehh... Coal? Awesome... Drilling? Awesome... Plants, animals, nature, life... the only planet in the entire universe we can actually live on... Mehh...

Money is always more important than everything. And of course on the topic of the Debt Ceiling... For 8 years the GOP asked families to give up their children to fight and die in war, they asked all Americans to give up a few liberties for the safety of our nation, but of course, when the time comes for the top wealthy to give up Bush Tax cuts, they say, "No way!" Because in their eyes, only the poor shall suffer and pay.

Reptilian-- err Republican greed is so in our face, so obvious, you would have to be a complete idiot not to see it.

So why do republicans always, consistently, every time choose what would be considered by any rational person, or any storybook, or movie, as the side of greed, corruption, and evil?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join