It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Many Faces of Saddam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I have read quite a few articles about Saddam Hussein having numerous body doubles who have actually had plastic surgery and studied his mannerisms to deceive and make him difficult to capture. Apparently he sleeps in a different place each night as well. Does anyone think that this will make him difficult to capture. I provided a few links that have pictures of Saddam and some of his doubles. I guess we'll just have to take them all out to ensure we got him.

www.anusha.com...

"His smiling visage seems to stand out in stark contrast to the more than one million people that he has killed, some of whom were personally shot by Saddam Hussein himself. Saddam Hussein has even killed his own grandchildren. But now, German scientists have established that the Saddam Hussein we see on TV is not the real Saddam Hussein. Saddam Hussein has at least three doubles. They have apparently undergone surgery to appear to look like the statesman," ZDF said. "The doubles have mastered Saddam's gestures and perfectly mimic Saddam, with only tiny details separating them from the real Saddam Hussein."

www.rferl.org...

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 09:34 AM
link   
and it's one of the reasons I often state that capturing Saddam will be one of the most difficult objectives of this war to achieve...

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 10:14 AM
link   
During GWI Saddam avoided being killed by riding around Baghdad in a taxi with a mobile phone.

Seems to give some credibility to the claims about "mobile" WMD facilities.

Food for thought,
Deep

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   
the doubles thing sounded far-fetched to me at first...however, since then, I've seen numerous articles, and even some documentaries with defecting doubles, etc. The doubles aren't just restricted to Saddam...many other senior Iraqi officials and Hussein family members have them as well. The resemblences truly are amazing. In fact, one of the bigger named news shows had a feature on this just about a week or so ago (wish I could remember which one...)

Actually, Saddam was in bunkers for most of GW1... I recognized the wall type structure from similar bunkers I've seen in other parts of the middle east.

top topics

join