It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Federal Reserve's greatest nightmare

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 10:22 PM
link   
January 01, 2003

www.praesentia.us...

Dollar vs. Euro - Hegemoney.
The Federal Reserve's greatest nightmare is that OPEC will switch its international transactions from a dollar standard to a euro standard. Iraq actually made this switch in Nov. 2000 (when the euro was worth around 80 cents), and has actually made off like a bandit considering the dollar's steady depreciation against the euro.

The real reason the Bush administration wants a puppet government in Iraq - or more importantly, the reason why the corporate-military-industrial network conglomerate wants a puppet government in Iraq - is so that it will revert back to a dollar standard and stay that way." (While also hoping to veto any wider OPEC momentum for the switch from Iran - which is seriously considering switching to euros as their oil transaction currency as of Sept 2002 - and other OPEC members including Saudi Arabia whose regime appears increasingly weak/threatened from an internal coup).

This administration is acutely aware of this and in preparation for invading Iraq we will create a huge and permanent military presence in the Persian Gulf region, just in case we need to grab Saudi's oil fields as well as Iraq�s�

Saddam sealed his fate when he decided to switch to the euro in late 2000 (and later converted his $10 billion reserve fund at the U.N. to euros) - at that point, another manufactured Gulf War become inevitable under Bush II. Only the most extreme circumstances could possibly stop that now and I strongly doubt anything can - short of Saddam getting replaced with a pliant regime.

Big Picture Perspective: Everything else aside from the reserve currency and the Saudi/Iran oil issues (i.e. domestic political issues and international criticism) is peripheral and of marginal consequence to this administration. Further, the dollar-euro threat is powerful enough that they'll rather risk much of the economic backlash in the short-term to stave off the long-term dollar crash of an OPEC transaction standard change from dollars to euros. All of this fits into the broader Great Game that encompasses Russia, India, China.

The effect of an OPEC switch to the euro would be that oil-consuming nations would have to flush dollars out of their reserve funds and replace these with euros. The dollar would crash anywhere from 20-40% in value and the consequences would be those one could expect from any currency collapse and massive inflation (think Argentina currency crisis, for example). You'd have foreign funds stream out of the U.S. stock markets and dollar denominated assets, there'd surely be a run on the banks much like the 1930s, the current account deficit would become unserviceable, the budget deficit would go into default, and so on. Your basic 3rd world economic crisis scenario.

The United States economy is intimately tied to the dollar's role as reserve currency. This doesn't mean that the U.S. couldn't function otherwise, but that the transition would have to be gradual to avoid such dislocations (and the ultimate result of this would probably be the U.S. and the E.U. switching roles in the global economy).

The following two recent articles discuss Iran�s vacillating position about switching to the euro as their standard currency for oil exports, and this may help explain Bush�s sudden urgency to topple Saddam. In the aftermath of toppling Saddam it is clear the U.S. will keep a large and permanent U.S. military force in the Persian Gulf. Indeed, the Bush administration has no �exit strategy� in a post-Saddam Iraq, as a permanent U.S. military force will be needed to "maintain order" (ie. to protect the newly installed puppet regime).

Paradoxically, if the war in Iraq goes poorly or becomes prolonged, it is possible that Iran and other OPEC members may do exactly what Saddam did, thus creating the very situation this administration is trying to prevent, an OPEC switch to the euros as their oil transaction currency standard.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   
First off, we should be on a Gold Standard anyways.

Secondly, does it matter if this is true? Either we trade an evil man for continued supremacy, or we receed to the backwater burg we came from? Bafoons.

You can go live in Ruwanda, I don't care if you do, but personally we're at the top, and it's going to stay that way, even if we have to crack a few heads.

And what a better deal? This time it is Saddam's head we are going to crack.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 11:03 PM
link   
That view seems to be a bit, well, sadistic, dont you think?

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye The Federal Reserve's greatest nightmare...

Actually, I'd really like to see the Federal Reserve face its worst nightmare...It's been nothing but a nightmare for the US & all other countries it's ever dealt with since the day it was formed. The Federal Reserve is not Constitutional, therefore it's also illegal for it to exist, because the Constitution doesn't give any governmental body the right to legislate anything in direct opposition to itself. Following that fact, it also shows that the Federal Reserve is nothing more than than the biggest *counterfeiting & money laundering* organization in the world today. It is the *duty* of Congress to see to the punishment of conterfieters...So what's taking them so long to disband the Federal Reserve?

I just wish JFK would've had the time to disband it before he got shot...He would've returned us to the gold-standard & put the "coining" of money back into the hands of Congress, where the Constitution tells us that it should've stayed in the first place.

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Of course, as an American, it would simply make me support the war even more, as it's our economy at stake...though I do agree with Midnight's position on the Federal Reserve, it's what we have right now unfortunately...

Very interesting point, and one I've not heard before...will have to look more into it...

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   
All Seeing Eye

I found that post very imformative.I didn't know that Iraq had switched to the Euro or that Iran was contemplating it.

I agree with you about the importance to the USA that the US Dollar remains the currency of choice for the worlds nations as foreign reserve.But I disagree that it would be the pre-eminent reason for war though it may be a nice bonus.I agree with you that a large US standing army straddling Arabia and Persia with access to the Gulf of Arabia would be desirable even without the large oil reserves that would lie beneath that armies feet.

You have touched on the threat that the USA may feel from the EU.It makes me laugh to read posts from some when they say that when the USA stations troops on European soil it is without advantage.They are the same people who complain that the nations of the EU do not spend enough on military defence while the USA does everything it can to disuade the EU from increasing military efficiency by forming an independent European Defence Force.Of course by making sure individual European states contribute instead to a US dominated NATO it ensures Europe can never have an effective foreign policy.Another recent example of the USA undermining the European Union was their strong advocacy of Turkey as an EU member which would weaken the EU economically.EU expansion to the east was something that Germany and France were able to except even though short term it may be a drain on the EU's economy but that now will be reconsidered since many of those nations sided with Britain backing the USA publically.It has become obvious that allowing the expansion to the east to go ahead regardless would mean the balance of power would shift toward a Europe subservient to the USA.This is unexceptable the France and Germany.Many in France now would say that De Gaulle was right when he refused Britain access to the EU originally.
There is only one political/Economic group in the world that could possibly challenge the USA and that is Europe especially with Russia.I get the impression that the P.N.A.C identified the threat and even though we have been friends and allies for half a century,the threat being identified it must be confronted.

Anyway sorry if I've taken the thread off subject but it got me thinking.JB1

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye The Federal Reserve's greatest nightmare...

I just wish JFK would've had the time to disband it before he got shot...He would've returned us to the gold-standard & put the "coining" of money back into the hands of Congress, where the Constitution tells us that it should've stayed in the first place.

To be honest, the last two presidential orders Kennedy signed was exactly that. He did take us back to a gold standatd, and he did disbanned the CIA. The first two presidential orders LBJ reversed were Kennedys last two orders. Its probably the real reason he was murdered.

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Yep...

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   
That's exactly what I heard, something about JFK signing a law that will make the federal reserve illegal or something

I also heard that he was going to end Vietnam and send all the troops back home and when he died Johnson just sent more troops to Vietnam contrary on what JFK wanted to do.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   
All seeing Eye was RIGHT ON TARGET with his predictions how the Iraq war would pan out. Good work.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Money Masters pt1
Money masters pt2

I would say the Feds. greatest nightmare would be that if the people knew how the monetary and banking system works The bank of england and American Federal reserve would be gone tomorrow.

The truth seeker
The U.S. is a "British" Financial Colony
By Henry Makow Ph.D
On Independence Day, it is sobering to remember that the U.S. has been a financial colony of Britain for almost 100 years. This is confirmed by the "Col. E.M. House Report", a chilling 10-page "progress report" dated June 10, 1919, which portrays the United States in exactly these terms.

The author is Col. Edward Mandell House (1858-1938), the Rothschild agent who secretly directed U.S. affairs during the Woodrow Wilson administration. Col. House was known as Wilson's friend and "alter ego." (He had not served in the military and the term "Colonel" was merely honorary.) The report is addressed to British Prime Minister David Lloyd George, whose career was made as a lawyer for the World Zionist Organization.

The report details Col. House's progress in preparing "for the peaceful return of the American colonies to the dominion of the Crown." The League of Nations was a facade for British hegemony, which means the hegemony of London-based international bankers.

I also made a thread on Alan Greenspan I believe Director of the Federal reserve and "possible" connection to the 7/7 bombings. The reason I think he knew of the bombings was the exersizes. There were 1000 people involved in the exersize. Out of all the 1000 people wouldn't 1 of them leak some info.

Geeee what a jolt.

Why is there more American Banks in London than there are in the whole of New York??

Also Who controls the Federal reserve? When was it last audited?

A few quotes:

"The real truth of the matter is, as you and I know, that a financial element in the large centers has owned the government of the U.S. since the days of Andrew Jackson." - Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I BELIEVE THERE WOULD BE A REVOLUTION BEFORE TOMORROW MORNING." - Henry Ford

"Corrupt the young, get them away from religion. Get them interested in sex. Make them superficial, destroy their ruggedness.Get control of all means of publicity and thereby: Get the peoples' mind off their government by focusing their attention on athletics, sexy books and plays, and other trivialities. Divide the people into hostile groups by constantly harping on controversial matters of no importance. Destroy the peoples faith in their natural leaders by holding up the latter to ridicule, contempt and obloquy. Always preach true democracy but seize power as fast and as ruthlessly as possible. Encourage government extravagance, destroy its credit, produce fear with rising prices, inflation and general discontent. Foment unnecessary strikes in vital industries, encourage civil disorders and foster a soft and lenient attitude on the part of government towards such disorders. By specious argument cause the breakdown of the old moral virtues: honesty, sobriety, continence, faith in the pledged word, ruggedness. Cause the registration of all firearms on some pretext, with the view of confiscating them and leaving the population defenseless." - Vladimir Ilich Lenin

The abandonment of the gold standard made it possible for the welfare statists to use the banking system as a means to an unlimited expansion of credit.... In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation. There is no safe store of value.... Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the "hidden" confiscation of wealth.... [Gold] stands as a protector of property rights." - 1966 Alan Greenspan

"In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way." -- Franklin D. Roosevelt

"There is a power so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so persuasive that prudent men had better not speak above their breath when they speak of it." -- Woodrow Wilson

"I have no use for politicians,"
says Fritz Leutwiler, head of the Bank for International Settlements.
"They lack the judgment of central bankers."

Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes her laws. - Mayer Amschel Rothschild

Peace

[edit on 25/7/05 by Hunting Veritas]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
BRAVO!

Thank you for that wonderful post. You are (please excuse the pun) right on the money!

Everyone thinks that the war is about oil. Oil was only gravy.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Actually, I think the Federal Reserve's worst nightmare is NESARA. I also think that's one of the reasons why that knowledge of its existance is not as widely-known as it should be...Coverup from getting truth publicized, anyone?

[edit on 25-7-2005 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Actually, I think the Federal Reserve's worst nightmare is NESARA. I also think that's one of the reasons why that knowledge of its existance is not as widely-known as it should be...Coverup from getting truth publicized, anyone?

From all points I can see that the Federal reserve will NOT be removed while the bank of england is still in the establishment. London is the centre for global economics and finance.

MidnightDStroyer, have you looked into the CAFRs? (Comprehensive Annual Finance Reports)

take a look at this documentary - Exposed: Comprehensive Annual Finance Report

See how they rob you through the banking system then they rob you again through the tax system.

Its scandelous

~Peace
~

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hunting Veritas
See how they rob you through the banking system then they rob you again through the tax system.

Its scandelous

~Peace
~

Of course...The tax system is to rob us so that the government can continue to be robbed by the banking system. The day that the Federal Reserve Act was signed made the sellout of the American People to the banks official.
But if the People decided to restructure the government & economic systems back to Constitutional levels, how much opposition can those European bankers, used to sitting on nice, comfy office chairs all day while figuring our more ways to rob us would last if they were being told that they're being deported for commiting the crime of national fraud?

BTW, I didn't even need to see your link to have already been aware of how they've been robbing us...But I'll look at it anyway.

Ummm...That link is over 78 MB...I'm on dialup link & that would take too long to download. Do you have another link that doesn't require downloading to read it?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   

BTW, I didn't even need to see your link to have already been aware of how they've been robbing us...But I'll look at it anyway.

Ummm...That link is over 78 MB...I'm on dialup link & that would take too long to download. Do you have another link that doesn't require downloading to read it?

Soz, I can't find a streaming version but I came across this site.

~Peace
~

[edit on 25/7/05 by Hunting Veritas]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Ummm...I don't really have much of a beef against State taxes & that's what your link leads to (I mention this before I've actually taken time to really look it over, so my opinion may change about that
). My biggest beef is with the Unconstitutional way that the Federal government has levied taxes.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Quote: "The real reason the Bush administration wants a puppet government in Iraq - or more importantly, the reason why the corporate-military-industrial network conglomerate wants a puppet government in Iraq - is so that it will revert back to a dollar standard and stay that way." (While also hoping to veto any wider OPEC momentum for the switch from Iran - which is seriously considering switching to euros as their oil transaction currency... and other OPEC members including Saudi Arabia whose regime appears increasingly weak/threatened from an internal coup).

This administration is acutely aware of this and in preparation for invading Iraq we will create a huge and permanent military presence in the Persian Gulf region, just in case we need to grab Saudi's oil fields as well as Iraqi's.

Saddam sealed his fate when he decided to switch to the euro in late 2000 (and later converted his $10 billion reserve fund at the U.N. to euros) - at that point, another manufactured Gulf War become inevitable under Bush II. Only the most extreme circumstances could possibly stop that now and I strongly doubt anything can - short of Saddam getting replaced with a pliant regime."

WOW - FINALLY someone has just Reasonably Explained why we Invaded & are Occupying Iraq! It makes sense! Good Job ASE! Americans may not be too enthusiastic to go to War for Religions sake - but they ARE willing when it comes to Money!

How does the saying go again = "Money makes the World go Round".

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I have often heard from a few sources that the transition from the dollar to the euro in oil trade standards by Iraqi was the real reason why we were there...............good insight here.........

However, what about Iran's goal to do the same?

and others?

What a mess...............

Miss the days of the gold standard and when the only nuke threat was Russia (LOL!).............can you believe we are saying that?

Question Authority - Albert Einstein

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
i like euros, theyre prettier

i have the phone number for the federal reserve in my cell and cant for the life of me remember how or why it got there...

<<   2  3 >>

join