It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dumbest Drug Criminal in the World!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I came across this article this morning while reading the local news.

I am flabberghasted at the boldness of this fellow, for what he was doing while running a convenience market. I guess he wasn't making enough money selling bags of chips and soda to the general public, so he had a little side business going.

Also, interestingly enough, he was also selling "Spice," which was just outlawed in the county just recently, so the timing of this bust, is just a little too convenient for me. They waited until making the stuff illegal, just before busting the guy.

Spice illegal in parts of Mississippi

"These businesses were doing what was legal," Miller said. "We don't want it to be a surprise to anyone. So we, before we take enforcement action, we will certainly notify everyone that it needs to come off the shelves now."

He must not have been to picky about the customers he supplied directions and ingredients to, for meth making!

This is one idiot, I am happy to see off the streets, and away from the general population!

Hmm, something wrong with first link. Edit to fix, hopefully!

blog.al.com...

Byrd said Chau was known to tell customers the proper ingredients for making meth, and had been under investigation by drug agents for several months.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

The guy wasn't selling anything you can't buy at Wal- Mart or Auto Zone. Totally bogus. The locals know the Sheriff and say he'll do anything to get his name in the press. Read the comments. Boxes of Salt, lighter fluid, Drano wow! What a joke.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ablue07

Yes, but the guy was also giving out instructions on how to cook the meth. Also, most small convenience stores in the area don't stock the supplies that he had in such quantities.

Yep, you can buy all that stuff in Wal-Mart, but you don't get a recipe to go along with it.

By the way, you can no longer purchase over the counter cold remedies in Mississippi without a prescription from you Dr. That law went into effect at the beginning of this month. The only other state with the law is Oregon.

Meth is a huge problem here, as it is in other areas of the country.

I have a daughter-in-law who lost 4 kids, because she had a meth lab on her property.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
reply to post by ablue07

Yes, but the guy was also giving out instructions on how to cook the meth.
Meth is a huge problem here, as it is in other areas of the country.

And?

Was he handing meth out to people that he himself made? Was he forcing people to take meth?

He wasn't ruining any lives that people themselves hadn't already chosen to ruin.

[edit on 7/29/2010 by eNumbra]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

The article says other charges may be filed.

Did he specifically ruin lives? In my opinion, yes, buy supplying knowledge, and equipment and ingredients.

People will find a way to make it, regardless of his arrest, but this makes it all the more inconvenient, and I am glad he got busted.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

People won't stop taking drugs.

Better they make and grow them themselves, rather than fund violent gangs and cartels.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It would have been smarter to just watch the store and follow people home then bust him.

At one point in my life I worked at home depot and we would have people come in all the time and clear out all our denatured alcohol for meth. I started convincing them they could just use paint thinner because it said 100% denatured alcohol on the front of the cans, then I would walk them to their car and get the license plate. Every week a cop would come in and I would hand him a list of people to have a chat with and wouldn't ever see the same people twice.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

I hear ya, but the sad thing is, they would all turn it into some type of money making problem, just to keep themselves supplied.

Don't think so?

When I got wind of my daughter-in-law cooking on her property ( a real danger to her kids) I told her I was going to report her.

She beat the living daylights out of me, because she freaked out about losing her stash, and money making income. Not because of her kids, mind ya! she beat me so badly, that she broke the orbit under my right eye. Not only did she get caught, she lost her kids, and both she and her hubby went to jail for a looooooong time.

Happy to report, they did stop, and are both clean and sober now! They are even allowed supervised visits with their children, and if they remain drug free, will get custody back, in full, some time in the future.

So, people will stop doing drugs, if what they stand to lose will cost them enough!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Whoa! I didn't see the part about recipes. My bad, you've got a point Blanca Rose. Meth is a problem where I live too. I'll read the article again. Thanks for pointing the recipe deal out in a nice way. Star and Flag: have a good day!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
reply to post by eNumbra

I hear ya, but the sad thing is, they would all turn it into some type of money making problem, just to keep themselves supplied.

Don't think so?

When I got wind of my daughter-in-law cooking on her property ( a real danger to her kids) I told her I was going to report her.

She beat the living daylights out of me, because she freaked out about losing her stash, and money making income. Not because of her kids, mind ya! she beat me so badly, that she broke the orbit under my right eye. Not only did she get caught, she lost her kids, and both she and her hubby went to jail for a looooooong time.

Happy to report, they did stop, and are both clean and sober now! They are even allowed supervised visits with their children, and if they remain drug free, will get custody back, in full, some time in the future.

So, people will stop doing drugs, if what they stand to lose will cost them enough!

Specific people may stop, yes. I meant there would always be a market.

And perhaps they would turn it into an income source, I know some who do. I'm not suggesting they completely legalize the sale and consumption of it, just that if they must continue the absurd notions of prohibition that they only battle it at the sale of the 'finished' product and large quantity production operations.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

I like the model of no Prohibition but with controls such as the medical community dispensing the drugs and heavy taxes to pay for drug education and treatment. I know that this isn't a perfect solution but I think it would be better that what we have in place now. Taking the profit motive out of the picture would be the one thing that hurts the drug dealers most. Like I say this isn't a perfect solution and would need allot of work to implement and make viable.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I can see busting somebody for meth or meth making supplies. I cannot see busting somebody for herbal incense. [color=#66FF99]The people who wrote that law probably sit at home drinking alcohol and condemning the poor people who use the herbal products as evil.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ablue07

I think the government does not need to dispense, tax, package, promote, or distribute any psychoactive substances. [color=#FFCC66]All they should do is say any adult who wants Marijuana can grow up to ten plants. No distribution or transportation of those plants or plant products should be allowed by the adults who grow them.

[edit on 7-29-2010 by groingrinder]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
well I wouldn't call this guy the dumbest criminal in the world. Here is the DUMBEST CRIME any one could ever commit.
Get a GUN goto a mall at night WITH MONEY. Now hold up a person with the GUN and DEMAND THEY TAKE THE MONEY .
lolololololololol
and the second MOST dumbst crime would be.
Again get a gun goto someones home knock on the door show them the gun and DEMAND ALL there BILLS AND PAY THEM lololololol

[edit on 29-7-2010 by xxcalbier]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

I am checking for articles, but, in Mississippi, apparently emergency rooms have seen an increase of people coming in, do to smoking Spice.

It's not all herbs apparently, and is laced with a lot of chemicals, and is sold as incense.

Honestly, I only heard about it recently, and am not familiar with it, but it doesn't sound like something anybody should be smoking!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Could you immange when you went to trile and the judge ask what the charge is and what happened.
well your honor he held up this person and gave them money ,or he held up this person and payed there bills.
Now ever one would want you to HOLD them up lol .
please Mr criminal please come hold me up lolololo

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
As this thread does not fit into the ascribed specifications for new threads in this forum, as follows -

This forum is for the discussion of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups related to the trade and trafficking of illicit drugs, and inequities in enforcement of drug-related laws. Personal use, advocacy of legalization, and related non-conspiratorial topics are not allowed. Members posting about personal recreational use of drugs and related mind-altering substances may be banned without warning.This forum is not intended for discussion of legalization advocacy or speculation of enlightenment or spiritual possibilities related to drug use.

- This Thread Is Now Closed.

top topics

join