It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French police find eight dead newborn babies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

French police find eight dead newborn babies

French police have arrested a couple after finding the bodies of eight newborn babies in a village, officials said. Police were continuing to search with sniffer dogs in Villers-au-Tertre, near Lille in northern France, the officials said. The two in custody are said to be the parents of the children. They are being held on suspicion of concealment of a corpse and the non-reporting of a crime.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
What a disturbing and deeply saddening story this is. Being a parent myself, I find it to be utterly incomprehensible to think that someone could murder their own child or baby even once, nevermind do it 8 times and simply wrap them up in plastic and bury them in the garden.

Something else that doesn't sit right with me is how someone could be pregnant at least 8 times, and yet no one in the village wonders where the babies have gone.

What a disgusting story this is already but I'm sure that there has to be more to it than this.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

Disgusting! This has to be about the lowest anyone could sink.

Just imagine all the people who can't have children that would love to have had one of those babies!

I hope that the mother is forced to have her tubes tied, just before they hang her!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Very disturbing story and most likely the parents are very disturbed as well. How could a woman have 8 babies and kill them all. Why have them in the first place. And to just now being discovered, no other famly members or town people suspecting anything. Something very off key here!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1
What a disturbing and deeply saddening story this is. Being a parent myself, I find it to be utterly incomprehensible to think that someone could murder their own child or baby even once, nevermind do it 8 times and simply wrap them up in plastic and bury them in the garden.

Something else that doesn't sit right with me is how someone could be pregnant at least 8 times, and yet no one in the village wonders where the babies have gone.

What a disgusting story this is already but I'm sure that there has to be more to it than this.

Most definitely what you said, just repeat, that was just what I was saying to myself when I read your post.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Maybe she couldn't afford an abortion...

ok...I don't REALLY believe that, but I know some people who would use this as an argument for the pro-choise movement.

Very disturbing story. Seems like a Law and Order episode...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

French couple in court over eight dead newborn babies

Here's an update to the story.

www.bbc.co.uk...

A couple arrested in northern France after police found the remains of eight newborn babies in a local village have appeared before a judge in the town of Douai. On Wednesday, police with sniffer dogs searched two houses in Villers-au-Tertre, near Lille. The man and woman in custody are said to be the parents of the children.

But here's the surprising (or not) part:

he couple are said to be in their mid-40s and have grown-up children and grandchildren. The woman works as a nursing assistant and her husband is a member of the local council. "He's on his third term in office. He used to volunteer in the community. He's a respectable man," local mayor Patrick Mercier told reporters.

So these people already have children and grandchildren, and are well respected within the community. They aren't recluses by any means and yet no one seems to have noticed that this woman was pregnant at least 8 times where no baby was produced at the end of it. There's something deeper going on here. I'm smelling a conspiracy of some kind.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Frenchwoman 'admits smothering eight newborn babies'

A woman in northern France has admitted killing her eight newborn babies but said her husband knew nothing about it, the prosecutor in the case has said. Dominique Cottrez, 47, has been placed under investigation over the deaths, while her husband has been freed without charge. Mr Cottrez had initially faced investigation for allegedly concealing the bodies and not reporting crimes.

So we're to believe that this woman was pregnat 8 times, went through labour 8 times, gave birth 8 times and killed the 8 babies without her husband knowing about it?

Really?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

In this article, she has admitted to killing 10.

www.telegraph.... co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/7916237/French-mother-charged-with-killing-eight-of-her-babies.html

Investigators said she had confessed to killing ten babies.

Considering she is only 45, she must have been pregnant, non-stop!

By the looks of her picture, she's large, but the article also says she hid the pregnancies from her husband.

"It appears she had been hiding her pregnancies from her husband."

I can understand other people not noticing based on her size, but her husband?

Something is rotten, here!

edit typo

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
hold one if they have grand-kids she was preggers more then 8 times!!!
after all to have grand-kids that implys alest one kid lived to adult age.
and WHAT she had 8 she killed at birth and her hubby didnt even know she was preggers? was this guy a total moron? I mean 8 kids 9 months each
thats 72 months of no menerstration for one.
and even if she said she was on birth control (some stop the monthly thing A boon for all man kind yeaaa) ok my x liked not haveing it as well lol)
anyway after 7 months along its kind of hard for even a big woman to hid the FACT she is preggers .
nope sounds like a cover up for hubby alest as for the rest of the town she could have hid it from them easy many people never step foot out the door lolo

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
OMG this is one sick woman. I bet it comes out some word from God sent her on this murderous mission.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Jeez, it's ten now?

Anyway, I simply cannot believe that she went through labour, gave birth and killed and disposed of 10 babies without her husband knowing. These things don't happen on a schedule so I simply cannot believe that he happened to be out of the house by coincidence during all 10 births. And long enough for her to have the baby, clean up the mess and do the rest of the dirty work aswell all before he got home.

It just doesn't add up.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
There was a similar case in Germany lately. Three children were found in the fridge under the pizza. They were found by the son, when the parents made hollidays and he was looking for some food.

The judge did not see it as murder, but as some kind of negligent manslaughter, which meant, that the case of the first baby was barred already. They sentenced her for four years in prison, but both sides appealed against the judgement and the case is still open.

There was never any charge against the husband, who allegedly had never noticed the pregnancies. Nobody else ever did. And the villagers soon started to refuse to talk to the media, when it came to attention.

It is a very conservative village, pious catholics, very traditional, anti-foreigners. The best of the best citizens...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I hope this woman gets the most brutal punishment allowed by law.

Sick people.

No pleading "mentally insane". NOPE. noton this one. This sick and disturbed $##@! needs to fry. Even Jesus would agree with me on this one.

This woman does NOT deserve to live. She should suffer 10 deaths if it were at all possible.

edit

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Common Good]

join