It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Information for a Survivalist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Making an Island

Rebuilding Civilization

Self Reliance Handbook

When it Hits the Fan

A Compendium of Useful Information for the Practical Man

Now it may not look like much, but if you click on these links, there are more links, and those links have more links. Here is some stuff for you information addicts.

The last link has about 50 links of information on it. Lots of useful info. There is some stuff about metal alloys for different tools, making a bow and arrow, and making gunpowder, among all the other stuff that is useful.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Lots of good useful info in there, lots of reading to do.
Thanx

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Thanks for the links. I've been thinking about making a bow and arrows. In the post shtf world maybe I'll be a fletcher.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

For every bit of useful information there are 1 or more pieces of useless or even dangerous information. Take the following for example from the Compendium -

"No certain rules can be given to distinguish wholesome plants from poisonous ones, but it has been observed that much the same things suit the digestion of a bird that suit those of a man, and therefore that a traveller, who otherwise would make trials at hap-hazard, ought to examine the contents of those birds' crops that he may catch or shoot,"

Birds eat many things that are poisonous to humans.

double check everything on these links if you think they you might want to use it. It's only your life at stake

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
What I want to know and I am curious about if you're in a place like Canada after a nuclear war in a post apocalyptic world does it still snow and is the snow polluted?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Chosen Guard

it is polluted now
melt and filter
after chernoble Id say it may be radio active already.
It isn't like they haven't tested nuclear bombs before.
Sad to say.
I depress myself

ps SandF
thanks the more linki the better

[edit on 31-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
That is some cool information in the links there is tons of survival info out there.

Here is a link for 500 free Military manuals www.survivalebooks.com...

They also have a package of 22,000 Military manuals and survival books on 4 DVD-rom disks for $27 at www.survivalebooks.com/survivalists.html

Then there are alot of great places like
www.survivalblog.com
www.survivalistboards.com

That is to name a few and you find just about any how to video now on youtube.

Robert

top topics

join