It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Neuro-Invasive Nanobot Takeover

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Nanotechnology poses inherent threats greater than anything we've ever faced. Currently billions of dollars per year are dumped into nanotech research by governments and corporations worldwide.

This (heavily modified) Hollywood film that I 'made' for this presentation gives insight into visualizing this technology, and then quite accurately shows what such a takeover by tyrants via nanobots could look like (drone census workers, flu vaccines, spiked drinking fluids, world 'peace' overnight (that turns into police state takeover during the night)):

CLICK FOR VIDEO @ Vimeo.com [18mins] (sorry, no YouTube monopoly this time) (hey it's a bigger player than it would be embedded here at least and I have direct downloading activated)

Nanobots that can penetrate past the blood-brain barrier to attach to neurons for mind control are like nothing we've ever faced. These could be released into the drinking water supply or administered via vaccine shots.

Even Ray Kurzweil realizes this threat. His "solution" is for us to deliberately inject ourselves with "defensive" nanobots, which only creates entire new sets of problems:

Of course, there will be great concern regarding who's controlling the nanobots, and over who the nanobots may be talking to. Organizations such as governments or extremist groups or just clever individuals could put trillions of undetectable nanobots in the water or food supply. These "spy" nanobots could then monitor, influence, and even control our thoughts and actions. We won't be defenseless, however. Just as we have virus scanning software today, we will make use of patrol nanobots that search for (and destroy) unauthorized nanobots in our brains and bodies.
www.kurzweilai.net...
www.kurzweilai.net...

Congress has acknowledged this overall issue:

Every exponential curve eventually reaches a point where the growth rate becomes almost infinite. This point is often called the Singularity. If technology continues to advance at exponential rates, what happens after 2020? Technology is likely to continue, but at this stage some observers forecast a period at which scientific advances aggressively assume their own momentum and accelerate at unprecedented levels, enabling products that today seem like science fiction. Beyond the Singularity, human society is incomparably different from what it is today. Several assumptions seem to drive predictions of a Singularity. The first is that continued material demands and competitive pressures will continue to drive technology forward. Second, at some point artificial intelligence advances to a point where computers enhance and accelerate scientific discovery and technological change. In other words, intelligent machines start to produce discoveries that are too complex for humans. Finally, there is an assumption that solutions to most of today’s problems including material scarcity, human health, and environmental degradation can be solved by technology, if not by us, then by the computers we eventually develop.
crnano.typepad.com...

Here they talk about nano specifically:

The NNI is clearly geared toward developing the technology on a broad front, correctly seeing it as the source of tremendous benefits to society. Its mission is not to see whether we should go forward with research and development. It is to go forth boldly, while trying to discover and deal with possible risks.

Another governmental document, "Converging Technologies for Improving Human Performance" sheds more light on this:

Hive Mind
If we can easily exchange large chunks of knowledge and are connected by high-bandwidth communication paths, the function an d purpose served by individuals becomes unclear. Individuals have served to keep the gene pool stirred up and healthy via s exual reproduction, but this data-handling process would no longer necessarily be linked to individuals. With knowledge no longer encapsulated in individuals, the distinction between individuals and the entirety of humanity would blur. Think Vulcan mind-meld. We would perhaps become more of a hive mind —an enormous, single, intelligent entity.

Yes, that's from an actual government document. This is also interesting:

Doug Dorst, a microbiologist and vaccine critic in South Wales, says these advances have an immense appeal to vaccine makers. "Biotech companies and their researchers have quickly moved most funding initiatives towards nanotechnology to increase the potency of their vaccines," he said. If microorganisms inside of vaccines can be coaxed into targeting or invading specific cells, they could achieve their goal at an accelerated rate over conventional vaccines. "Depending on which side of the vaccine debate you're on, whether pro or con, nanobots inside vaccine preparations could advance their effectiveness exponentially by either dramatically improving or destroying immunity depending on their design," he added.Dorst claims that present day nanobot technology could just as easily be used to advance biological weapons as they can to advance human health. "For every fear that biotech propaganda proliferates about deadly diseases and how vaccines prevent them, it is one more lie to incrementally convince the masses that vaccines are effective."

The worry for Dorst is that one day vaccines "will do what they've always been intended for...control of the global populace."
preventdisease.com...

Here goes some various nanotech advances worth noting:

Clusters of heated, magnetic nanoparticles targeted to cell membranes can remotely control ion channels, neurons and even animal behavior, according to a paper published by University at Buffalo physicists in Nature Nanotechnology.
With Magnetic Nanoparticles, Scientists Remotely Control Neurons and Animal Behavior.

www.buffalo.edu...

New sensors built using nanotechnology could read and write information directly into the brain.
news.discovery.com...

A Battery-Free Implantable Neural Sensor
"A tiny radio chip implanted in a moth harvests power and senses neural activity.If the promise of nanotechnology is to be fulfilled, nanoparticles will have to be able to make something of themselves. An important advance towards this goal has been achieved by researchers with the U.S. Department of Energy's Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley Lab) who have found a simple and yet powerfully robust way to induce nanoparticles to assemble themselves into complex arrays."
www.sciencedaily.com...

Brain implants that can more clearly record signals from surrounding neurons in rats have been created at the University of Michigan.
pda.physorg.com...

Team develops DNA switch to interface living organisms with computers.
pda.physorg.com...

Enzyme computer could live inside you.
"A molecular computer that uses enzymes to perform calculations has been built by researchers in Israel."
www.newscientist.com...

DNA-wrapped carbon nanotubes serve as sensors in living cells.
news.illinois.edu...

Next we have the health risks of nanoparticles themselves to consider:

Nanotechnology Risks: How Buckyballs Hurt CellsBuckyballs, the new flouride conspiracy?

Dangerous Nanoparticles Can be Transported by Insects

Do Nanoparticles in Food Pose a Health Risk? A new study reveals that nanoparticles are being used in everything from beer to baby drinks despite a lack of safety information

Futurists such as Ray Kurzweil envision a future where in effect the entire surface of the planet is coated with nanobots and nanoparticles, and on that note here goes a cool video made by my friends over at Transalchemy:

[edit on 24-7-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Wow not one response. Guess it's too much a hassle to click into vimeo.com to watch the video. I made it using scenes from Nichole Kidman's "The Invasion" (2007) that originally shows an alien virus that takes over peoples minds and they hook into a sort of zombie like hive mind. You see world peace happen over night, while the takeover is underway. It made for the perfect parallel with what a nanobot invasion might look like, so I spent a couple weeks chopping it down, rearranging, adding some key stuff for the depiction, and then applying a custom soundtrack from my archives of cinematic OST's and more.

Anyways...
For clarification the "Doug Dorst" part isn't from that same document. I don't know what happened to the link but here it is:
preventdisease.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
You don't see too much of this on ats these days. Thanks.

It appears there are unlimited ways to become 'afflicted', as 'kevin' would say. Check out 'The President's Analyst' for a lighthearted approach to this. The bottom line is how does one remain the same human afterwards? I have found that it's possible to become even more of the person you once were...but it's a lot of work. Probably much harder, or even impossible, if you own a cellular. I have also found closeness to God and near perfect proof of quantum physics in God. My point is that you can overcome, perhaps even control the hideous technology, through God, of course. It used to be that I wouldn't even think of this subject until my nerves were strong enough. I just cannot say how cruel, invasive, and effective these tactics have become. Thinking back, I wonder how most persons are going to handle it?

Ah well, they're sure to come up with some new diseases to cover the technological bulldozing. Exploding head syndrome...fibromyalgia, carpal tunnel, alzheimers, aidshoax™ (artificial intelligence dysfunctional syndrome). Believe me...they have thought it through and through. That they have gone so far is because most of us have bought in to the one that 'kills ya'. No question about that. Maybe we'll wise up when the media try to sell us a new disease, one that causes you to become the cover of a Pink Floyd album...the one where guys are bursting into flame during a handshake.

Guess I'll end it with this: nothing new under the Sun. It has been done before. Don't ever consider that God is deaf...unless you have to....right big boys?

Right? (those are big tall letters)

[edit on 27-7-2010 by davidmann]

[edit on 27-7-2010 by davidmann]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
S+F for you!

This is a great subject to discuss, I'm glad you brought it up.

Nanotechnology is definitely the wave of the future. Great things are possible with this, as well as horrible things. The "Hive Mind" part was very interesting, especially considering it came from the government.

Great work on the video btw. I watched most of it, but scanned through the rest as I've already seen The Invasion

Hopefully there is more discussion on this!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Wow not one response.

Well, maybe it's the usual tiresome reading of "government documents" that are intended to be wild-ass guesses of what a far future might be like, then trying to present it as current technology. Or invoking Kurzweil in the same way. Or the constant confusion (likely intentional) between nano-particulate material research, which exists, and nanorobotics, which doesn't. At least not as a demonstrable technology.

And when combined with the usual homemade (hollywood?) videos, and referring to other homemade videos as corroboration, you haven't gotten much response yet.

I'm sure it'll have the usual appeal to the group that is sure they're being controlled by government/aliens/spirits though, although Tilly covered most of it in his definitive "AirLoom Gang" document back in the 19th century. Sort of a steampunk version of this.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by thov420

Thanks!

Originally posted by Bedlam
Well, maybe it's the usual tiresome reading of "government documents" that are intended to be wild-ass guesses of what a far future might be like, then trying to present it as current technology. Or invoking Kurzweil in the same way. Or the constant confusion (likely intentional) between nano-particulate material research, which exists, and nanorobotics, which doesn't. At least not as a demonstrable technology.

So you're arguing that it wasn't an agenda document? Have you read it, or are you just here to be a jerk as one of my "FOES"? (How'd that come to be btw I can't remember you know?)

If you know much about Kurzweil and 'his' law of accelerating returns there's a lot of truth to it, and if you know anything about the AGI Manhattan Project you'd know that there a massive effort to speed of the already inherent exponential growth. Now factor that in with some of the advances I cited and there's a real reason to not ignore this stuff, especially when you're being taxes and plundered for it.

And when combined with the usual homemade (hollywood?) videos, and referring to other homemade videos as corroboration, you haven't gotten much response yet.

So it's pointless to provide "homemade"... and "hollywood" videos? You're definitely here just to be a needle.

I'm sure it'll have the usual appeal to the group that is sure they're being controlled by government/aliens/spirits though, although Tilly covered most of it in his definitive "AirLoom Gang" document back in the 19th century. Sort of a steampunk version of this.

What do you mean by "controlled"? Like walked around like a robot, or plundered and being enslaved politically and economically having all of our rights stripped? If you think that's not the case here is the place to start that debate:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hope to see you there.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

So you're arguing that it wasn't an agenda document? Have you read it, or are you just here to be a jerk as one of my "FOES"? (How'd that come to be btw I can't remember you know?)

We had this discussion a long time ago. Can't remember when, really, but the topic was a real bug in your ear then, too.

If you know much about Kurzweil and 'his' law of accelerating returns there's a lot of truth to it, and if you know anything about the AGI Manhattan Project you'd know that there a massive effort to speed of the already inherent exponential growth. Now factor that in with some of the advances I cited and there's a real reason to not ignore this stuff, especially when you're being taxes and plundered for it.

Much like before, I find the entire "AGI project" theory to be spurious. Still.

So it's pointless to provide "homemade"... and "hollywood" videos? You're definitely here just to be a needle.

More self-aggrandizing than pointless, I suspect, but I find them often uninformative in general. Have fun with it though. I especially like using other people's homebrew videos as corroboration.

What do you mean by "controlled"? Like walked around like a robot, or plundered and being enslaved politically and economically having all of our rights stripped?

Yes, yes, it makes so much sense that everyone will be filled with nanobots that make them into meat robots. I see it now.

Go read Tilly, it's a hoot. He pretty much covers all of the usual mind control fantasies, and it dates back to the Victorian era. He covers "gang stalking", remote mind reading, even the sorts of things you're worried about, only instead of nanobots (that would have been too big a leap) he fears that you'll be made to inhale "a magnetic fluid" from a distance (projected and manipulated by the AirLoom, of course) that will give the government agents control of your mind and body.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
if you talk about this and morgelleons disease- nano 911-
with a mental health expert you will be tagged psycho.
look up "smart dust"

[edit on 28-7-2010 by p51mustang]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by p51mustang
if you talk about this and morgelleons disease- nano 911-
with a mental health expert you will be tagged psycho.
look up "smart dust"

[edit on 28-7-2010 by p51mustang]

Don't just "look up" smart dust though, actually read it with some understanding. That'll mean you have to go to the information source - the designers' documents, not what you get on Prison Planet et al. You'll also have to do some real research, instead of reading poo from Adachi's sites or whatever, you may need to do some remedial study on semiconductor tech, physics and the like.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Seeing that sci-fi has time and time again come true, that the government commonly has technology far beyond the wildest imaginations of even the most avid conspiracy theorist, i find all of what you talk about to be entirely believable.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Of course it's all believable, it's very possible. Personally I believe it's only a matter of time before nanorobotics is released. Injecting yourself with nanobots would be the only real defense against said "Nanoattack" It's been shown that tiny nano motors are feasible and aren't far from being readily available with this technology War/Medicine/everyday life will change. Soldiers would no longer be able to move from one point to another without the assistance of combat bots that destroy the harmful bots. Zones of control could get to the point that 2 enemies could be 10ft away from each other, but be unable to move any closer without the risk of disintegration, or w/e is being destroyed to kill the target.

Now with that realization you can also conclude that bulletproof walls could be erected almost instantaneously and block an rpg or rifle shot. Of couse that would probable take billions, if not trillions, of nanobots to accomplish. In a lab sense this would seem impossible for every soldier to have their own "nanoforce" because of the sheer amount you would need for it to be effective, but if it's possible for the bots to duplicate themselves from say: our carbon-dioxide. Every person on the planet could have their own external homeostasis system that not only keeps them healthy, but also improve the body by providing extra muscle mass or helping vital systems to decrease strain and increase stamina.

The opportunities and evils of nanotechnology are limitless, but some of the most beneficial ideals had a dark side that eradicated the evils of their technology. In the right hands you can play god... in the wrong hands, well I'd rather not think to hard on that.

ps. It's a fact the gov. has technology 50 years beyond your imagination... but everyone has that paper to sign, and after that point you learn to keep your mouth shut for fear of said technology. If a simple watch-part changer has to sign multiple documents concealing trade secrets you better believe the top scientists in the world have to sign even more.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
By manner of concern for the future, I think the particulars of this technology rate number one. It is the perfect spy and control weapon for any freaks' agenda with enough money to make it happen. There's no fear-mongering involved while this surges into reality, it is what it is, and no-one can deny its existance, nor its popularity with the corporations. It has the additional benefit of exclusive access to those with the resources, and is thus immensely profitable to justify product expenses. The sheer audacity of making the populace pay for food tampered with nanotech is sickening, let alone the irresponsibility of its highly unregulated integration. There are no labels required to state its existance. I can't bring myself to cheer over any potential advantages of nanotech when the culpability of the downsides look like a cliff over which we are intended to fall. This is our modern nightmare, and the only hope of escaping it is to escape consurmerism altogether.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by Northwarden]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Well said guys

Last night I was watching my DARPA iXo (2007) film and noticed a relevant quote that I had forgotten about:

“From local groups of linked enhanced individuals to a global collective intelligence”
wtec.org...

Google Video Link

Here are the rest of the quotes from that segment:

“Biomedical status monitoring is the medical equivalent of the Global Positioning System (GPS).”
wtec.org...

“The large investments already present in nano-, info- and biotechnology should be coordinated and coupled with efforts in cognition. DARPA, NASA, NIH, and NSF already have major programs that seek to integrate nano-, bio- and info- research.”
wtec.org...

“The goal of the human performance augmentation effort is to increase the speed, strength, and endurance of soldiers in combat environments.”
wtec.org...

“The DARPA Augmented Cognition program promises to develop technologies capable of extending the information management capacity of warfighters.”
wtec.org...

“The goal of this program is to discover new pharmacologic and training approaches that will lead to an extension in the individual warfighter’s cognitive performance capability by at least 96 hours and potentially for more than 168 hours without sleep.”
wtec.org...

“The intent is to take brain signals (nanotechnology for augmented sensitivity and nonintrusive signal detection) and use them in a control strategy (information technology), and then impart back into the brain the sensation of feedback signals (biotechnology).”
wtec.org...

“The future requires a symbiosis of human and machine in a way that synergistically exploits the strengths of each. “
www.darpa.mil...

“Two of the critical issues for exoskeletons are power for actuation and biomechanical control integration.”
wtec.org...

“DARPA has a brain-machine interface program about to start. This program seeks human ability to control complex entities by sending control actions without the delay for muscle activation.”
wtec.org...

“From local groups of linked enhanced individuals to a global collective intelligence”
wtec.org...

“We are not alone. We are interconnected as are our cognitive systems.”
www.darpa.mil...

“Prolific unattended sensors and uninhabited, automated surveillance vehicles under personal warfighter control will be providing high data streams on local situations.”
wtec.org...

“We believe that, in the future, artificial cognitive systems will continually monitor, record, and assess a warfighter and his activities.”
www.darpa.mil...

“Embedded, real-time “cognitive” processing for both the warfighter and associated automated systems will be critical to success”
www.darpa.mil...

Okay, why is it cutting off over half of my list of quotes? Anyways if you'd like to see them hit the quote button and they should be there as when I hit edit I can see them still.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Whew, those are advances to behold. Science-fiction will always attract more attention than reality because it's powers haven't been assigned to a real faction and agenda. They exist in a cozy bubble away from us. I suspect that all the nanotech advances for humans will backfire at this stage, and I pity their first waves of "Ultimate Warriors". They will be obsessive and driven, sealed off spiritually, and will probably drop dead no later than thirty-five, forty years old. Not that the state will care, so long as they managed to exact years of peak performance from them. I wonder how long it will take nanotech to catch up and heal up bullet and shrapnel wounds? Let alone the damage caused by neural control. I think we'll be talking about some severely messed up human beings (version 2.0 will later be seen as V 0.2).

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by p51mustang

Talked about how I thought my body had been invaded by nanobots and was tagged with "cannabis-induced psychosis". Thought it was funny you should mention that.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Just in case one thinks the real available nanobots are a far future thing here is a picture of a PDF of a nanobot that makes a filament. Like the Ebola(tm) virus does.

It is available in this PDF: www.nanomedicine.com...

I did not use the ATS link BBS code because depending on your browser settings it could automatically download.
Set your browser download location to "Ask every time" to avoid automatic downloads.

Facebook has blocked all of my posts on the nanobot topic which is why I joined ATS.
The mass media does not want you discussing nanobots.

new topics

top topics

join