It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton announces new sanctions against North Korea

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e0b3700e1cd7.jpg[/atsimg]

I do hope that someone informs DHL about these sanctions. I took this photograph in August 2009. It was very rare to see vehicles in Pyongyang, which made this DHL van even more noticeable!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by chaseninja

Well......

Could be one of a few things. They might be weighing the threat and doing a cost vs. benefit analysis. Or they might be standing by just in case. But most likely war with one would lead to war with both (and more). There's a far lower probability on war with N. Korea involving too many other nations though. Hell who knows.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
US spy chief nominee warns of N Korea 'direct attacks'

North Korea's sinking of a South Korean warship may herald a "dangerous new period", the nominee to be US director of national intelligence has warned.

James Clapper told a Senate hearing that Pyongyang might seek "to advance its internal and external political goals through direct attacks".

This warning from yesterday..... seems to be implying that attacks on US ships now positioning themselves in the firing line are probable by false flag or otherwise.

Similar situation with ships in the Persian gulf shortly followed by sanctions on Iran a few weeks earlier.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
The US can not afford to get involved in another conflict at this time and to do such will put more of a strain on the US population, and its military. With 2 armed conflicts currently going on, the end result may not be what anyone is wanting. There is another added dimension is that North Korea has been developing nuclear weapons, adding in a potentially leathal response, combined with its allies, could end up targeting more than spots on the Korean penisula and hitting a far reaching area. The question also must be asked of what is China's stance in all of this, as they have not issued an official response at this time frame.

That about sums it up and at the same time raises a curious question. Why hasn't the North used this opportunity to invade the South?

For the past several years the North has been in a position to do pretty much whatever it wants to do. With the US military bogged down on the other side of the world with two wars in what you may as well call two theaters of operation and itching to pull the trigger on Iran what is Kim Jong Il waiting for, a red carpet?

With the exception of the 30,000 US troops stationed in the South that's about the extent of what the US could supply in the way of military support unless of course it was prepared to go nuclear. And from what I can garner the North is very prepared for the possibility of a nuclear attack. More so, at least, than the South. Not to mention the faster he could drive his army into the south the less likely nukes could be used other than as retaliatory punishment up north.

So, what is Kim waiting on? Right now there doesn't appear that there's anything to stop him until he hits the East China Sea and the only reinforcements the US could muster might be the Boy Scouts and the Lady's Auxiliary of Westchester.

Call me suspicious but something peculiar is going on here.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Bible codes say ttaht there wil be war this year, euh Friday...

Forewarn ye shall surely Perish July 23, 2010 (12th Av) Atomic Holocaust

www.exodus2006.com...

Dark is the war in 2010.
exodus2006.com...

AtomicHolocaust NKorea 2010
exodus2006.com...

The news are interesting ...

[edit on 21-7-2010 by chouan]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Why? What do you do with wealth? You don't just keep it. Then you are retarded. There are honestly only 3 possible directions I could see for that.

-Selling to china for money, which is bad ethics

-Paying off china so our debt is covered, preventing a 3rd world war for as long as we feed the dragon. Again, bad ethics, but at least it is for a good reason.

- They are investing in some sort of super-something-weapon-something. In which case, if they need THAT much money, you might as well just absorb Canada and fight one war in resource rich Mexico as opposed to 2 wars in not-that-profitable wars out there.

All three really just are meh reasons for war.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaseninja
so iran or nk? i mean we are supposed to go to war with both of these from what i have read here. which one is it?

Which one is it?

Australia.

We already have spy kangaroos, koala bears and crocs working for us.

Its only a matter of time before we occupy that country for its vast resources of outback.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
I most certainly support a world government, but this is far from world dictatorship. North Korea COULD admit it, and stop acting pompous. They are a throwback to an ancient era of super-nationalism. Let them enjoy.

Acting pompous?; throwback to era of super-nationalism? This would be the US you are describing I take it?

As for your other post NOTHING gives the US the right - and yes they are behaving like dictators. It really is about time you got that idea into your head, otherwise what was in your trailer WILL come to pass.

*waits for blustering denial and 'we are the best, no one can defeat us' statements*

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Way to go Ben - my turn - 1000s of stars!!

You know I have this very heavy feeling that we are headed for something major and it is not far away. I really do mean the end of things as we know them is about to kick off. I have never said that before.

[edit on 21/7/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by Ben81

Way to go Ben - my turn - 1000s of stars!!

You know I have this very heavy feeling that we are headed for something major and it is not far away. I really do mean the end of things as we know them is about to kick off. I have never said that before.

[edit on 21/7/2010 by PuterMan]

i had those feeling multiplied when it was 11/01/10
the day i have lost my job after 3 years because of the bad economy cutting 2500 in 2 years so they will not loose any cash in that bad economy moment... disgusting

but the most troubling news of this date was that more than 3 hundred thousand peoples died that day ... in the Haiti earthquake

i have felt that as a sign ...a message..
like take a "pause" from work to prepare yourself physically/mentally for the coming VERY hot summer of 2010 ...
i now live on unemployment insurance(first time in my life that im on such thing) the end date is in june 2011
so i have took the decision to wait before looking for a job
since my first ten trys didnt work out very well ...
i will wait until the summer 2010 pass... dont want again finding a job and then another bad economic waves comes in ...
dont want to be fired for the same reasons TWICE

since that date(11/01/10) the signs have been quadrupled telling me of the impedent coming ... even in 2005 i was "Iran will be attacked" but they have to mount the case more so the world can swallow it without saying to much

i do not want to start any panic .. but i have started .. telling people(familly-friends) on besides notes ... even sometime inserting it in a statement in a funny/cool/nonepanicable way
so peoples have a little hint to prepare... having a big reserve of food that can be preserved and water bottles
imagine if i let go my self telling them the same things i write on ATS
they will send my to an asylum

i have never had those feelings before and my instinct is pushing me to the sad conclusion that the summer heat have just started
war will happen... the economy is to weak ... the USA gov already knows the obvious without really telling the public

look what Obama just signed today ... never happened before since 1930

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Good time to check out Second Career...EI pays for up to two years of college....
I'might head that way myself if things keep on the way they are going..
Take a course that'll come in handy come what may...wouldn't want o get conscripted into a meat grinder for nothing, and it would be nice to have a barterable skill to add to my list of skills.
not meaning to pry...Just sayin.

I'm thinking of a metal fabricating course...beat some swords into ploughshares...

I wonder if there is a course that teaches how to fight world war 4 with sticks and stones...cause that is all that will be left to work with if these clowns push things over the top.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by Ben81

Good time to check out Second Career...EI pays for up to two years of college....
I'might head that way myself if things keep on the way they are going..
Take a course that'll come in handy come what may...wouldn't want o get conscripted into a meat grinder for nothing, and it would be nice to have a barterable skill to add to my list of skills.
not meaning to pry...Just sayin.

I'm thinking of a metal fabricating course...beat some swords into ploughshares...

I wonder if there is a course that teaches how to fight world war 4 with sticks and stones...cause that is all that will be left to work with if these clowns push things over the top.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Danbones]

lol i have already though about a second career
many time in the past i have said .. if my plan A dont work the plan B will be the army...
but i would be fired.. i would not kill anyone ...cant kill anything ...
its not my way
if somebody aiming a gun at me or at somebody else with not good intention obviously .. i will shot him in the legs or arms ... this is what the army needs to do ... but nooo they ALWAYS shoot to kill ...

i wish i could help more in the world today
doing something to save lifes... in this kind of society we live today
we are like chained in prison because of our payments... taxes to pay
many other responsability ...
im a computer technician ... and its s....

i want to do something more of my life that i will feel really proud before dying myself later...i would be at perfect peace if i know my mission have been fulfilled
i would even put my life at risk to save innocents lifes or die for them ...
i want to put more good into people ... and showing of not being afraid to speak and denounce wicked peoples...
justice at the end WILL PREVAIL ... trust me
no violence cant fight the wicked ... only WISDOM will beat those evil maniacs

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CmdrZero

The reasons why that North Korea has not attacked or invaded South Korea is based more on geopolitics than anything else. It is very ironic and suspicious that there are 5 main players in this little dance that happens. The first player is the United States, but as it was reported the military is tied up in 2 conflicts at this time. But lets look at the other major players, they may not seem like major players in their own right, but combined that is what we should be worried about. For a while now, the general feeling is that we are at a pre world war one scenerio, the point of Archduke Ferdinand, the pieces are being moved into place. North Korea has strong ties with China, both economically and militarily. They will not do anything without the backing of China, and China keeps a very close eye on North Korea. If North Korea goes against China, they will lose any and all support they have, taking massive losses and causalties in the process, only for China to come to the rescue. But there are other players, and they are Iran and Venezula. If you look at the past few years, since Hugo Chavez took power in Venezula, there has been a cycle of noise and quiet between all three countries. When one of them wants to do something and not have the world look at such, the other 2 will make alot of noise, then quiet down, and it goes from one to the other. Now Iran has made head way into the differe islamic world to make alliances, to include some Nato countries, some of whom had participated in the Korean conflict before. Venezeula has been building alliances in latin and south america. If you look at how they are operating and what they are doing, then the question will not be why, but when, cause when the final pieces and alliances are in place, they all will probably strike at the same time.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join