It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton announces new sanctions against North Korea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Clinton announces new sanctions against North Korea

www.washingtonpost.com

South Korean Foreign Minister Yu Myung-hwan, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates and South Korean Defense Minister Kim Tae-young (L-R) pose for the media upon their visit to the truce village of Panmunjom in the demilitarised zone separating the two Koreas in Paju, about 55 km (34 miles) north of Seoul. The United States on Wednesday announced new sanctions against North Korea, targeted against its leadership, and warned of serious consequences if it again attacked the South.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Well I guess the new sanctions are going through and it is going to make tensions worse on the Korean pensula. The sad part of it all, is that what is showing here is that diplomacy is failing and it appears as though both sides are wanting to have an armed conflict. Should the armistice be broken, the ramifications will be devistating to both sides and alot of countries, as many who participated in the original Korean conflict would be drawn back into a new one, and have to return back to the country. The US can not afford to get involved in another conflict at this time and to do such will put more of a strain on the US population, and its military. With 2 armed conflicts currently going on, the end result may not be what anyone is wanting. There is another added dimension is that North Korea has been developing nuclear weapons, adding in a potentially leathal response, combined with its allies, could end up targeting more than spots on the Korean penisula and hitting a far reaching area. The question also must be asked of what is China's stance in all of this, as they have not issued an official response at this time frame.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
i've been waiting to hear something regarding that sit. this world is moving to fast in too many directions which one will rule supreme ???????

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I hate this but can't really let them get away with sinking a S.Korean navy ship, if in fact they are the ones who really sunk it. Whats the point of having allies if we don't stand by them? This war would make more sense then the other two we are currently involved in.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
America has numerous problems at home. People shooting police, foreclosures, homeless, ecological disasters, floods, unemployment, education crisis and the list goes on.

Should we REALLY be telling anyone what to do in this world?

It is despicable that we occupy foreign lands for resources and still act righteous on the world stage.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Considering most of those resources go to China and Russia, and we have yet to actually gain from such wars, then yea I suppose we do have a right. If a sick old man tells you that the light is greed, do not cross the street, his illness does not make him wrong.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This will be interesting. The N.Koreans have stated there will be war if war if punished for ship sinking .

And now the chinese seem to be annoyed that the U.S is stiring strained relations in the korean peninsula.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I didnt think too much of this at first, i imagined the sanctions (if any were served) to be pretty insignificant. After reading the sanctions actually served, well this could go anyway right now.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Lil Kim is probably very pleased with this as it gives him another reason to threaten war. I don't think sanctions will work with N. Korea, they pretty much do as they please regardless of the possible consequences.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Hmmm...sanctions for what exactly? I didn't think it was possible to sanction N. Korea anymore than it already is?

Funny how N. Korea demanded and got a strange statement from the UN on the sinking of the S. Korean ship and now we have this...new sanctions from the U.S?

On top of this breaking news: N.Korea to escape rebuke at top Asia security forum

And to confuse matters even further New statue of Kim Jong-Il sparks rumours he is close to death

and

U.S. Stealth Jets, Carrier Tell Norks: Back The Hell Up

Seems all the stray cats are running in their own directions and posturing. Makes a person wonder what's really going on here.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

OH LORD. IT'S HAPPENING. THEY WERE RIGHT.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
[edit on 7/21/2010 by ~Lucidity]

[edit on 7/21/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I can't believe some of you are supporting a global dictatorship.

The U.S. has ZERO right to put sanctions on other countries, this is an act of war.

If you stand by these acts of war then you are the puppet of puppets.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I most certainly support a world government, but this is far from world dictatorship. North Korea COULD admit it, and stop acting pompous. They are a throwback to an ancient era of super-nationalism. Let them enjoy.

reply to post by ~Lucidity

Happy to be of service to you. Just pointing out your flaws.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Clinton have once again show how maniac she is
does she have any doubts in her mind about how NK especially Kim junk ill
will react to these new sanctions ....
this is the difference between the president or Iran and NK
Kim will not accept those sanctions
he will declare it .. an act of war

because of this i predict that NK will attack all the SK cannons and loud speaker that are situated on the DMZ... and that will happen very soon
i may be wrong....but this is not Iran ..... kim have stated many times
that if the accusation to the SK vessel that was sink are condemned on them or any sanctions comes to them
they will take that has an act of war and will retaliate

since Iran didnt retaliate yet and acted very wisely..they will try that on NK so they can have they big war started since Kim dont have any patience...
the NWO have many backup plan to acheive their goals... now it only need a little sparkle...
if any wars breaks out ... it will drive the entire continent into war
including Iran and Israel

i was going to make a thread out of this terrible bad none-democratic news
people need to discuss this ... especially the reactions from the NK
S&F

North Korean soldiers defect to China fuelling fears of imminent military clash

[edit on 7/21/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

[edit on 21-7-2010 by deessell]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

US imposes new sanctions on N Korea
The US has sent the 97,000-tonne aircraft carrier USS George Washington to take part in drill set to begin on Sunday in the Sea of Japan.

The exercises will involve about 20 ships and 200 fixed-wing aircraft, according to military officials.

North Korea has denounced the exercises as "very dangerous sabre-rattling".

Aljazeera link

wow doing this at the door step of NK while running at high tension
and after imposing sanctions...
MADLY INSANE

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by zroth

we have yet to actually gain from such wars, then yea I suppose we do have a right.

Ah, I see. You think "we" means American's. Let me clarify.

The corporate entity UNITED STATES OF AMERICA is occupying foreign lands and stealing their resources for corporations to gain wealth. And yes, they have gained plenty in all of those wars. Halliburton, for example, posted record earnings.

America needs to worry about America. We are not a good example for global citizenship. Our actions speak for us as a nation.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Considering that It has been shown that there is reasonable doubt that NK even did what they are accused of, and that Zionist US government has been shown to be totally full of it time after time after time, at the expense of one innocent group after another, I'd say one can easily extrapolate the agenda while on the morning's first coffee.
Can't help ya if you can't or won't see through it.

ps:
It is easy to prove the United States has committed act of war
after act of war with their sanctions, and invasions.
The USS Liberty event is proof Israel has committed an act of war against the US, so is the slaughter of US nationals in international waters.
Hitler developed the doctrine of pre- emtive war justified by false flag terror.
He thanked Britain and the US for developing the doctrine of eugenics.
Cozy little bunch eh?

But again, can't help ya if ya can't or won't see through it.

Minions die hard
See ya.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
so iran or nk? i mean we are supposed to go to war with both of these from what i have read here. which one is it?

<<   2 >>

join