It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ticket to Heaven?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Village Idiot

Of course the Bible is sign posts ....but idiotic people use the book as something to worship ....as if a book can be God!!!! Laughable.... the kingdom of heaven is within people but they dont go within.

The bible is a bunch of things. Historical records, poetry, mysticism, symbology, philosophy, etc. As long as one knows this, then one can pick out the gold nuggets that lead to Enlightenment.

Im not arguing that you cant get enlightenment any other way .... I have friends who had their awakenings through mysticism, yoga, etc ......however I am saying that was the original purpose of the Bible to enlighten people into direct knowledge by direct experiences of the divine (thats why the sign posts reference)

The whole purpose is to cause ego death. The ego is the projector that projects the matrix/the illusion all around you. Until one is enlightened, one is operating in duality/illusion/matrix and does not know it.

The main purpose of the Bible is to break free from that and so Jesus teaches many techniques for this, baptism, submission to God/prayer, selflessness, etc etc ..al things to pull one out of the Matrix. The Jesus teaches that those who are awakened shouldn't hang out alot with sleepers for they shall too go back to sleep walking ala you become the same as the people you hang around with.

I will write this on my tombstone when I die thats how truthful I feel this next statement is: Before I was a Christian, I was a sleepwalker in the Matrix. After my studies and awakening through Christ, now I see that my own mind was the projector of the Matrix. Thank God this projector is now destroyed and I am freed"

Also, the henious acts committed in the name of God/Jesus/etc is by those who still have their ego in tact and haven't undergone the enlightenment. And so a bunch of bad apples give a bad name/reputation to the real message behind Christianity which is basically ego death and spiritual rebirth!!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Anyone can get enlightenment from wherever they find it... that is obvious.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join