It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racial Politics: The worst US political madnes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The Accusations of N-word Usage by congress members.

The US AG's refusal to prosecute the New Black Panther Party.

The NAACP's attack on the Tea Pary.

The revelation of the Journolist forums.

The Shirley Sherrod case. www.abovetopsecret.com...

It looks to me like we have some collateral damage in some partisan poo flinging in Mrs. Sherrod. I've seen her interviews tonight and listened to the whole tape, even read the hit piece ( here )on her about her involvement in that USDA lawsuit by black farmers. My impression is that she is a pretty decent person caught in the crossfire by folks perfectly willing to stir a pot that inflames passions for whatever reasons.
I'm impressed that not only was she readily willing to defend herself against Brietbart, but also acknolwledges that the spat between the NAACP and the Tea Party is causal to her predicament. I can't find anything to dislike about this lady.

I'll give a quick bio on Mrs. Sherrod:

Raised on a farm, father killed by white man and the grand jury refused to indict, lifelong involvement in farm issues first helping only black farmers and then all farmers, part of that big USDA lawsuit and did receive some compensation (maybe even her appointment to that position), and now thrust into the national spotlight.

I'm in a way glad that everyone involved seems to have stepped on their member because there does seem to be real opportunity to address race in a less inflamatory manner than has been done recently, if there is anyone willing to step up to plate and show some real leadership.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by jefwane]

[edit on 20-7-2010 by jefwane]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Even though this is the type of discussion we should be having here, don't expect much. Many enjoy the poo slinging too much.

This is likely the defining topic to do with current politics and the fact the people who surround our President are participating is disgusting.

I agree about that woman from yesterday. She was misrepresented I'm afraid. She made one dumb statement I don't think was meant the way it was taken, so she is not entirely innocent but her point was innocent enough.

Sadly the other things you mentioned are real and real dangerous. Our country is being torn apart in peoples quest for power.

[edit on 7/20/2010 by Blaine91555]

new topics

join