It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Cameron agrees to meet senators about Lockerbie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

David Cameron agrees to meet senators about Lockerbie

www.bbc.co.uk

UK Prime Minister David Cameron has agreed to meet four US senators to discuss allegations that BP lobbied for the release of the Lockerbie bomber.

Senators from New York and New Jersey wanted to meet Mr Cameron over the release of Abdelbaset Ali al-Megrahi, who has prostate cancer.

Mr Cameron had earlier refused a meeting, saying he could not fit it into a "very full schedule" in the US.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
"What a difference a day makes...24 little hours..." (my best singing voice)

At first I thought I was seeing things as the last article I'd read on the bbc news site yesterday said Cameron refuses to meet senators about Lockerbie the link was still highlighted purple to indicate I'd read it but it now had a lovely new title.. at first I thought I was going senile, a quick google and the Telegraph reassured me

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Here is the original BBC article (of sorts) www.onenewspage.co.uk...

Now I wonder what on earth could have prompted him to change his mind? And if he has stopped crying in the shower yet

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by badBERTHA

Here's hoping Cameron will grow a pair and present the Senators with documentation showing that the CIA were behind this and if they don't shut their traps then the UK government will misplace said documents, probably in the direction of Wikileaks................

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeebsy
reply to post by badBERTHA

Here's hoping Cameron will grow a pair and present the Senators with documentation showing that the CIA were behind this and if they don't shut their traps then the UK government will misplace said documents, probably in the direction of Wikileaks................

Absolute Rubbish
the UK operates a lucky dip process of disclosure. either left on trains, or entrusting the lucky dip process to the Royal Mail.. tho I understand Ebay is vying for the business

Edit to add: Sadly Cameron, like most British leaders miss said pair..

[edit on 20/7/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Not sure what they expect from David Cameron - the decision was made by the Scottish Executive. Would it not make more sense for the Senators to put their questions to Edinburgh since they would better know what caused them to make the decision that they did.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by skjalddis

skjalddis

Good point well made....... For all the devolution the Scottish wanted they now have to face their own (bagpipe) music.....

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Ahh, the "ol laptop on train" routine. I had forgotten about that one.
Second line.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Perhaps with the advice of MI6, Cameron could refer the good senators to the CIA, who paid US$4 million dollars to a Maltese clothes shop owner to lie on oath at the Scottish court case that found Megrahi guilty that he had seen him buy the clothes that were found in a suitcase at the Pan Am 103 crash site, thereby framing him for a crime actually carried out by the Iranians in retaliation for America shooting down one of their commercial jet planes in 1988.

Perhaps Cameron could also mention that Megrahi was allowed to go home because he had agreed to drop his appeal, which would have proved that the CIA had framed him to stop Iran getting the rap, and that the CIA had exerted pressure on the British government to stop the appeal so that this highly embarrassing fact would not become public.

Perhaps Cameron could do this. But I doubt he will. He will be kept in the dark. And even if he were briefed, he would hardly tell American Senators that their own government were responsible for the murder of so many US citizens!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
In fact Cameron should stay at home, brief George Galloway and send him.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by yeebsy]

top topics

join