It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a bigger diplomatic incompetent than rumsfeld?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 05:38 AM
link   
This man betrays his contempt for the rest of world every time he opens his mouth. Much has been said about the 'telephone diplomacy' of this administration, but it's not hard to see why they would want to keep him at home. Diplomacy is a tightrope at the best of times, even amoungst strong allies. This government has shown time and again that this is one game they just can't play.

BBC analysis on the effects of Rumfelds blunder on Tony Blair.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 06:37 AM
link   
No.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 06:55 AM
link   
lol
enough said!

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It's not that theycan't play the diplomacy game, it is that they don't want to play that game. Don't mind the people above me and below you who deny the realities of this adminstration's lying and manipulation of world news and international disputes. We are notorious for our in ability to conceed to others. We are the greedist people on the planet. So when will we have decent men in power??? When they get in power not because of their guns or their money, but because of their beliefs and morals, and most of all becuase, we wanted them. Unlike Bush and Gore. Does anyone remember the time when no one wanted anyone to run but Rudy and Powell??? What ever happened to that???? Still would they have been any better????

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Of course! His name is George W. Bush!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Didn't Powell refuse to run because his wife feared he'd be assassinated because he's black? He would have made a good President though, he's more diplomatic than Dubya.

Anyway, I agree with Gazrok on this one, although Dick Cheney (sp?) isn't exactly the brightest tool in the shed. It was he who uttered these prophetic words:

"I wish I'd learned Latin in school so that I could converse with the people of Latin America"

Deimos

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   
lol

I agree about bush, I left him out cos it was just too obvious.
should have called the thread something else. I'm just blown away by his Continual arrogant rethoric and complete disregard for any other opinions.
The mans an arse.

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Speaking of arrogance, yesterday (I think it was yesterday anyway) he said that America could easily go it alone without the UK's help. Now, I'm no politician, but surely that isn't something you brag about? Of course, the UK got on the phone within minutes and he later said that we would be useful in the Gulf.

If only Tony Blair had said "well fine, do it without us..." and extricated himself from this whole mess.

Deimos

arc

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Prince Phillip

a good enough reason to keep royalty out of politics

new topics

top topics

join