It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you gained intelligence or matured during your time on ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Well I have. I was 14 when I originally joined ATS (you can do the math if you would like, not much math involved) and I realize that I have matured so much and gained much intelligence. I am not so naive, and I am definitely more of a skeptic. I don't come to conclusions as much, and I don't believe everything is a UFO in a video. I have also developed more of an analytical mind.

How has ATS effected you?

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Phlynx]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Well im fairly new but the time ive spent and with what i have read on here, i definitely have some new ideas about our universe and about who we really are, theories are all i can come up with, i may never know the truth.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

ATS has shown me that I can converse with a 15 year old and have a better conversation than with most adults

~meathead

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Well you should be maturing quite a bit during each teenage year, but yes, I've matured. I had some sort of emotionally regressive period a few years back after experiencing a lot of trauma, but now I'm mostly more mature than ever. It's a bit weird, though, in that I'm pretty childish towards most things, but have learned to be more emotionally/socially mature when need be. When I first joined ATS I was an agoraphobic and delusional mess. Now I'm sociable when around interesting people and have much less delusions, anxiety, or phobias. ATS is a place where I slowly learned to have a wide-open mind while still keeping my head straight with critical thinking skills.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Gained intelligence or matured during my time on ATS? Yes, but that time was also spent getting older and living in the world, so if you're asking whether or not I attribute any personal developement to my ATS experiences, that's a different question. You lived a formative year of your life as a member of ATS, but rest assured you would have developed and changed in that time period no matter how you spent your time.

Debating, reading, and otherwise dealing with new, challenging, and often complicated issues and ideas sharpens your mind, without a doubt. ATS is a place to discuss unconventional ideas. We benefit from having this outlet for those ideas that might not go over so well in many real-life situations, and we also benefit from being exposed to ideas that we would likely not have heard if we hadn't been on here.

My worldview has certainly been enhanced by my time on ATS and debating on here is one of the best exercises for the analytical mind.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
While on ATS I have discovered Ponce De Leon’s hidden Fountain of Youth, Rome’s new hidden capitol of Seborga, a vast underground extraterrestrial housing facility in Colorado Springs, CO, how to teleport myself from one point of time and space to another, and how to shape shift and make objects manifest out of nothing or disappear into nothing…however all that really pales in comparison to this really great recipe for Old Fashioned Lemonade I got from another member…

6 Lemons Juiced
1 Cup White Sugar
1 Quart Water

That led me to contract with Cathy Lee Griffin who has supplied me an endless source of child labor, to staff a string of homemade lemonade stands from here to California and back!

My net worth thanks to this astute move is now more than Rockefeller and Rothschild combined!

I love ATS!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'd been lurking on the site since I was thirteen or so, but at fifteen I finally decided that I wanted to contribute my thoughts and experiences to ATS as well, so I signed up for it. Since then, I've had my open mind just about blasted open even wider with all of the info and disinfo here.

...Also, I've just completed my first year of high school, and all the new acquaintances I'd made since middle school notice something different about me that they can't explain (and I don't feel like explaining).
I never was exceedingly popular although it was a small school and everyone knew me for my art and contributions to the school, but suddenly people are giving me their numbers so I can discuss the conspiracies behind the oil spill, and confessing to me about things that have to do with the supernatural. They know I'm atheist, but sometimes all they need is a reassurance that that thing they saw wasn't, like, a minion of Satan or anything.
(I live somewhere in those cities ruled by the corrupt guys who make more money than Obama, so there is a lot of Catholicism instilled in the hearts of its citizens...)

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Forty plus years ago I was always the kid who always asked "What if...." and "Why...?" I drove my Engineer father nuts, and there was no internet then to look up topics. In sixth grade I did a paper on the seven wonders of the world and was facinated with the Great pyramids. So, I think ATS is superb! Finally, I can read and discuss weird stuff with like minded individuals with similar topic interests. Family and friends never want to discuss anything that's not main stream ideas, it would be outside of their comfort safe zone. This is simply the best educational entertainment available on the planet.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

i thought that was really funny but my laugh died before it started because there are so many people on here that are litteraly crazy.

Ive been exposed to things that would have taken me a very long time to think of on my own. Like nassim and his fractal stuff.... minus his religious beliefs, and the electric universe theory.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Since '05 I've been conversing, and arguing with many people from all over the globe. How could this not be at least somewhat enlightening? Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, Oceania, and South America, with many a stop at points in-between.

How has ATS changed me? If at all? I've learned to be, at least somewhat, more restrained in my responses to disagreeable people... Not always, mind...but better than I once was.

My command of the English language has improved, and I'm a native speaker. Though it still comes and goes, depending largely upon the topic.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I only found out about ats this year, by typing in illuminati bloodline that 2005 one came up and after reading that I started to look/understand 'outside' the box then on google found hidden hand 2008 article and got a link to this and found the 2009 one by illuminator 13 and another one by maban and joan the blind. this site has interesting topics but most are useless really but some are really good that 'pop up' once in a while and maben his thread is shards of the illuminati stated "Complacency and ignorance reins today; it is why the Shards and individuals like myself cherish and support venues like ATS; because it makes people think, and inspires." that proves that ats is a verygood site to be a member of, and my time spent, here I will tend to agree.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Have you gained intelligence or matured during your time on ATS?

No.........just more cynical, depressed about the state of humanity and the future of the planet.

Other than that.......It's all good!

join