It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to know where your federal tax dollars go? Look here.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
(USE) (COST) (PERCENT CHANGE 2008-2010) (PERCENT CHANGE 2008-2009 representing where the stimulus money went)

Postal Service 3.776 billion -30% -24%
This is an example of a good change. Being in the electronic age, this isn't our main priority.

Disaster Relief 2.000 billion -43% -90%

Border Security Fencing .799 billion -20% -33%

Aeronautics (NASA) .507 billion -11%

Higher Education -38% +57%

The proposed budget for 2010 is up by 13% from last year at 1.412 trillion dollars.

Mil is 63% of the budget (901 billion dollars) and non Mil is at 37% (520 billion dollars)

There is much more here for you to see. The list is in the hundreds.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
thanks for the image, its astonishing to see, that the main part of taxpayers-money goes to the military.
ok, being strong and able to defend yourself is ok. but this looks like its a little bit more than that.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Gee, all that money spent on the military and a bunch of unemployed Mexicans have already conquered some 15 percent of America......

Carry on.....

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The title is misleading. Your federal tax dollars do not go to any of these things. The stimulus money maybe but I doubt it. Do a search on the Grace Commission Report and it will show that the your federal tax dollars go to pay the interest on the national debt owed to the international banking cartels who own the federal reserve bank that issues our currency at interest.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Just think how much we would save if we shut down the post office and disolved the Department of Education. Two useless agencies that waste money.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
The title is misleading. Your federal tax dollars do not go to any of these things. The stimulus money maybe but I doubt it. Do a search on the Grace Commission Report and it will show that the your federal tax dollars go to pay the interest on the national debt owed to the international banking cartels who own the federal reserve bank that issues our currency at interest.

Yes, that was what I was going to say, our federal tax dollars do not cover how much the government spends, not even close.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

How many trillions go toward black book items? Those pesky items that the government doesnt want us to know how much we really spend on such things....

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
When Bush took office in 2000 military spending was around 51% of total spending. It's that 12% jump to 63% that is screwing the people at the expense of carrying 2 wars that will seemingly never end.
I say pull out and let anyone else who wants to take over Afghanistan, we sure as heck can't control it.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM

Originally posted by hawkiye

Yes, that was what I was going to say, our federal tax dollars do not cover how much the government spends, not even close.

Exactly not a penny of it goes for any services. So where do they get the money for those things? Why they borrow it of course adding to the debt and interest. It's fiscal insanity and the greatest ponzi scam the world has ever seen passed off as legitimate. The Mafia's wish they had a scam this good. They are petty thieves compared to the banksters!

[edit on 17-7-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I agree that a 12% increase in military spending is not so great. However, that is not what is screwing us. What is screwing us now and in the long run is SS and Medicare. We face 100 trillion in unfunded liabilities going forward. The only thing we can do is to slowly faze them out preferably starting ASAP.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
NASA is not know for Aeronautics anymore and any pursuit in the mentioned area is not its prime directive.

NASA is now a training camp to make countries/religions feel good about their contributions to science.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Question from Canada:

My understanding is that your Congress is the only way to dissolve the Federal Reserve?...well Obama could but he'd be an ass as he has been and be assassinated... but...

..except he is a puppet. JFK was not!

Can the American public step in?

What is the solution?

How can this be acconplished?

How can an audit be accomplished?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
over half a BILLION dollars on border security fencing

Typical government corruption.

The construction companies probably charged $100,000,000 per 10 ft section of fence; and gave a nice kickback to the politicians.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
over half a BILLION dollars on border security fencing

Typical government corruption.

The construction companies probably charged $100,000,000 per 10 ft section of fence; and gave a nice kickback to the politicians.

You are not humourous

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I find the pic linked in the OP very interesting considering it's full of complete nonsense.

Notice how close the percentages are between health, pensions and defense?

Now have a look here.

2010 Spending
Numbers are in Billions
Pensions 774.3
Health Care 829.5
Defense 895.0
Total Spending 3,720.7

24% of total spending is a giant leap away from 63% last I checked.

2011 Proposed Spending
Numbers are in Billions
Pensions 787.6
Health Care 898.0
Defense 928.5
Total Spending 3,833.9

Still at 24% for next year and still nowhere near 63%.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

There has also been talk about simply doing away with the postal service and letting private companies take it over I feel that this would be a wise decision as we need to put more funding into America's notoriously crappy k-12 education.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Oh please, the majority is not the military and I wish people would quit posting that it is.

Social Security is higher than the military.

Medicare is higher than the military.

Yes, we should not be policing the world. We should not have over 800 military bases in over 130 countries.

But please refrain from blatant lies.

If you are going to include only discretionary spending, state that you are using only discretionary spending.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

No, it appears that 26.5% of every dollar goes to military spending. And in addition to that, another 5.4% goes to paying off interest for the military DEBT...5.4% out of the 13.6% total interest spending. So that's a total of 31.9% for military.

The second highest category after military is health, coming in at 20.1%.

Income security and labor is at 8.5%. And education is at 2%.

Just to name a few.

Edit to add that I did not include the remaining 8.2% of interest debt by proportion over the other categories because I don't see it broken out for them.

Oh and by the way, veteran's benefits are separate and come in at about 3.5%.

At least that's what these guys say. But they're probably dirty commies or something.

[edit on 7/24/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I would like you to take a look at this page.www.usgovernmentspending.com...

If you take a look, they separate state and local spending, paid to them by the federal government. Which completely changes the numbers. A nice quote from that page-

All federal outlays prior to 2009 (state and local since 2006) are actual. More recent spending, including future years out to 2014, are budgeted, estimated, or guesstimated.

Sorry, took accounting and business in college and have read through the CAFR's several different times.

What would be nice to see though, is the second set of accounting books the government has.

I wonder if we could ever find out EXACTLY how much money the Federal Reserve makes each year.

Also, notice HOW they add the interest onto the military and none of the others. Funny how that is.

Here is another link-Entitlements Will Consume All Tax Revenues by 2052

As for the military, as I said, I think we should frelling quit policing the world. Or are you a Globalist, that thinks the government should control everything?

new topics

top topics

join