It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The false info about 3 solar eclispes on the 1st of Av-

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Hello ATSers!

I am a bit disturbed by the false accusations that are going around the web about the solar eclipses for the last three years on the 1st of Av. Im not even of any religion...Ive just studied the Bible enough to know that what is being said....is not the calendar in the Bible. (This may seem really strange for this info to be coming from me, someone who doesnt follow the Bible as the word of God...but it seems that some dont understand what the calendar was meant to be).

Its one thing that I dont except the Bible as the word...its another thing that the people that 'follow it' dont understand what 'NEW MOON' means. So kindly, I put my beliefs aside, and bring back knowledge of what the Biblical definition of NEW MOON is.

I respect this calendar for different reasons then a religion. When I studied it, I found it to be the most sensible calendar because it kept mankind in sync with seasons...planting and harvesting.

Im standing up for those that are wanting to follow what the Biblical definition is for 'new moon' and the first day of a new month. (There are several threads at ATS and other forums displaying false information by using wrong definitions of 'new moon'-in Biblical terms that is).

The Biblical understanding of 'new moon' is the first sighting of the silver thin crescent in the night sky. Astronomy LATER gave the definition of 'new moon' as the time when the Sun and Moon conjunct. The Bible says...'new moon' MUST be OBSERVED....not predicted. They still do this in Jerusalem to this day...they OBSERVE the first sighting of the 'new moon', the new crescent moon, in the sky....after the time of 'molad' which is the Biblical term for the 'sun and moon to conjunct' (more or less molad means the time of 'dark moon'...when no moon could be seen in the sky).

Eclipse can ONLY happen during conjunction of the Sun and Moon (Molad)....the Biblical definition of 'new moon' can NOT happen on the same day as a solar eclipse (well it would be EXTREMELY rare...the eclipse would have to happen earlier in the morning hours...and it is possible for a new moon to come 14 hours after time of conjunction, but this is very very rare....the time of dark moon can be anywhere from 1-3 days).

The info going around on the web says that July 11th was the 1st day of Av and that this day there was a solar eclipse. As well as saying that the last 2 years the 1st day of Av there was a solar eclipse (making that 3 years in a row of solar eclipses on the 1st of Av).

Lets look at when the new moon was for this month...(new crescent moon)

stardate.org...

July 13th seems to be the day of a new moon (Biblical new moon-not astronomical term/definition of new moon).

I placed this in conspiracy...for often I wonder....if there is one....when the calendars and even the meaning of things is changed. So much so, people arent even sure what the Biblical definition for 'new moon' is to determine when the 1st day of the lunar months are.

Im a lover of astronomy...but I still use the Biblical definition of 'new moon' as the OBSERVED thin crescent.

www.sightedmoonnl.com...

www.homeworship101.com...&calendar.htm

www.karaite-korner.org...

www.karaite-korner.org...

I cant help but to wonder if there is conspiracy...for so many do not seem to know what their book says anymore.

The 1st of Av has been observed to be....July 13th for this year, NOT July 11th on the solar eclipse as many are spreading on the web.

All my best,
LV

[edit on 16-7-2010 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Interesting...no comments...

So I will post the threads that have been placed here at ATS that talk about the 1st of Av being July 11th on the day of a solar eclipse.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

The days they refer to... (that they call the 1st of Av)

* Aug. 1, 2008 (1st of Av)
* July 22, 2009 (1st of Av)
* July 11, 2010 (1st of Av)

New crescent for Aug 2008....
stardate.org...

For July 2009
stardate.org...

And for July 2010, again
stardate.org...

The below site offers when they observed the new moon for the calendar last year in 2009 and 2010....dating the 1st of Av last year on the 23rd of July...not the 22nd....and showing the 1st of Av this year on the 13th, not the 11th of July.

www.homeworship101.com...&calendar.htm

You may think this is not a big deal....but if you follow the true meaning of a 'new moon' then it is. Im sure people would rather think that 'signs' are being shown by 3 solar eclipses 3 years in a row on the 1st of Av....and by all means, keep believing that if you find that suits you best.

My point is...dont believe everything you are told. Study it and search it, for yourself.

My best to all...
LV

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Thank you LeoVirgo. I realized the connection with a new Moon immediately but I don't have the background in Bible study to have recognized the flaw.

Not that I paid any attention to the premise of the threads anyway.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I sit waiting a reply from SOMEONE...and you were the last one I expected

Not in a bad way though...

thanks for the reply

Its ironic...where my studies has taken me...and...brought me back to a place I once was...

If it was not for my passion for astronomy lately (total student still Ill admit) I would not know such things. Life is funny sometimes.

My best to ya
LV

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

OK, I'll play!

Since you want to make it your business to make others look like they are idiots, you by your own words have been made to look like the fool.

The only conspiracy when it comes to the Christian Faith are those that are blind to truth and attempt to lead the blind away from The Word of God, Christ and those who follow him by faith in the work that he accomplished for the believer.

Do you know what that work was? I will give you a hint! It is red, and it flows from a body when the flesh opened! That's right Christ died for you, but all you want to do is spit in his face.

I say that you, by your own words, have been made to look like the fool because, in your feeble attempt to explain something about a NEW MOON, in the same breath you say you don't believe the Word of God to be truth. Therefore you are saying there is no God that Authored the Word of Truth. To say there is no God, I will just quote the Bible;

"The Fool has said in his heart, there is no God."

So since you don't believe in truth, why should anyone believe you, who is blind to truth, and then attempt to make others believe in things that even yourself, in your own words, contradict.

I will not answer anymore on this thread but, before I go I will try to set the record straight. And, for those who have agreed with OP, I would advise looking close for the contradictions.

Why do I even care? Well no one likes being called a lier, especially by one!

Aug 1, 2008 was Tamuz 29 until sunset in Israel, At sunset, begins the new 24 hour period. After sunset in Israel, still Aug 1, 2008 was Av 1, the year 5768. So, Aug 1, 2008 is also Av 1, 5768 after sunset in Israel.

July 22, 2009 was Av 1, 5769. The Elipse was in the morning, so it would have occured before sunset in Israel.

July 11, 2010 was Tamuz 29 until sunset in Israel, At sunset, begins the new 24 hour period. After sunset in Israel, still July 22, 2010 was Av 1, 5770. So, July 11, 2010 is also Av 1, 5770 after sunset in Israel.

SO!

AUG 1, 2008 = Av 1, 5768
JULY 22, 2009 = Av 1, 5769
JULY 11, 2010 = Av 1, 5770

Close your eyes and maybe you won't be able to see the BIRTH PAINS that are coming upon the earth! Either that open your Bible and start believing! You certainly can choose to believe what you will.

Now I suppose you might slam the Tetrad (4 blood moons) coming in 2014/2015, with all 4 on Jewish Holy Days!!!

Closing your eyes and holding your breath, hoping for the best without God?

These things are signals of Christ's return and the end of the age. WAKE UP! He died for you! He was buried for you! He rose for you!

You started this! Now finish it with believing or staying in unbelief. As for me I will deny ignorance!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Please forgive me for calling you a lier! I did get carried away in that respect.

I think maybe you are just misinformed.

But, know this! The sun, moon and stars are for signs (signals).

And, the 3 solar eclipses, 3 years in a row, on the same date on the Hebrew calendar is no coincidence. Now I'm done!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Cor Leonis

Your words dont hurt me about my path...Im very content and close with God.

I walked the path of being a Christian for 20 years of my life...I have studied the Bible very thoroughly...

Did you not check any of the links...did you not read what the Biblical definition was of a new moon...have you not ever studied the calendar that was given in the OT?

My religion/faith matters not, it is you that is not following what you call your 'word of GOd' and you have been one of them leading others down a 'predictied' calandar.....whcih the Bible you follow says to NOT dredict it...

It says to observe it.

Obviously who ever you are following for your infoormation, is wrong.

I was informed my info, from your Bible....the calandar was ONE of the great things I found and kept from that book.

I dont do this for myself in any way. I do this for those that read the threads about the eclipses and 1st of Av.....AND JUST BELIEVED>

Im sorry this upsets you....the Biblical New Moon was not on July 11th for this year. Why do you think in Jerusalem many still OBSERVE and LOOK FOR the NEW MOON??? Because the NEW MONTH can not start until the crescent has been observed.

How did I know there would be those that want to preach the false info and then get upset with me bringing truth....and then throw my beliefs at me, as if that makes me wrong or something.

Show me in the Bible where it says the New Moon is the time of the 'Molad' (Dark moon)......show me in the Bible where it says its ok to make you a predicted calendar.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cor Leonis

Please forgive me for calling you a lier! I did get carried away in that respect.

I think maybe you are just misinformed.

But, know this! The sun, moon and stars are for signs (signals).

And, the 3 solar eclipses, 3 years in a row, on the same date on the Hebrew calendar is no coincidence. Now I'm done!

Let me remind you....you started this, you are one of the people that made one of those threads.....and I replied to your thread like 4 times!!! You ignored me!!!! Why....?

I then responded to one of the other threads.....they ignored me!!! LOL....I mean realy people, bring me the proof in your pudding!

So no, I did not start it, even though I am of no religioun, I know that many times man does not take it upon his own self to study what things say....so for those that were not going to do that....hopefully I encouraged them to pick up their Bible and read what they claim to follow.

Im not dissing any beliefs and wont tolerate it in this thread...the topic is simple and to the point, I expect it to stay on topic.

Your not following the true calendar that the Bible states to follow. I know the power of the calendar...I know its the best one around, I know there is something to observing the new moon (in Biblical terms) and I know that astronomy later added a new definition to what new moon was.....and I know that there was NO thin crescent sighted on those dates you are listing.

Please look for the info and see.....Im trying to open your eyes to what YOUR book says. I have no card in the game....Im setting my belief aside for those that are wanting to KNOW what the Bible says.

I understand this may become a sensitive topic...and I am fine and have no issues here, like I said I have no card in the game. I am making this thread for others that are not refreshed about the Biblical definition of 'new moon'. Mabey they will even start to look and observe the 'new moons' for themselves. Its very spiritual looking up and seeing the first sighting of the new moon.

As I stated before the dark moon time can last anywhere from 1-3 days. THIS IS EXACTLY WHY THE CALENDAR CAN NOT BE PREDICTED and it was warned to NOT PREDICT the days of NEW MOON> You have to make sure the time of Dark Moon 'Molad' is completely through (anywhere from 1-3 days) and you have to observe/sight the new moon (thin crescent).

There was no thin crescent seen on the dates you have listed. I dont do this to upset, I do this for those that need to read up on what they claim to follow.

I mean no ill will...
LV

top topics

join