It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

72 Top Leaders in the Knights of Columbus Meet in New Haven

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
72 of the most powerful and influential men in the Knights of Columbus, met in New Haven, Connecticut during June 3- 6, 2010 for the annual organization meeting for the upcoming fraternal year. Representatives attended from countries such as Canada, US, Philippines,Mexico, Dominican Republic, Guam, and Puerto Rico.

These men hold the office of "State Deputy". Almost every province in Canada, and about every state in the US has a State deputy that is in charge of all the Councils in their jurisdiction.

The combined number of Knights of Columbus in these 72 State Councils, under these 72 state deputies amount to over 1.8 million and growing.

Charitable contributions last year were $151,105,867 and volunteer hours were 68,783,653. Quite the accomplishment for one years work.

Life Insurance in force is 76 Billion, and ranked 929 among the Fortune 1000

When Fr. McGivney founded the order in 1882, I don't think he knew how large his organization would have grown so far.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
they put on a fantastic pan-cake breakfast at my local catholic church ....in which my old and confused mother begs me and my family to go to once a month.

but a mow my lawn instead......priorities

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
With that much cash on hand I'd pick a more lively town to party in than New Haven.

But maybe partying in style is not on their minds and if so, that's the way it should be.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Wow! Thats alot of money, and hours spent, and members and.....funny that.....
I had donated to the "knights" before, when they stand about asking for donations for the "retarded" children they help, but when I called (several times) to ask for help years later, for my 6 yr old grandson (who has down syndrome) No one ever called me back....needless to say, my donations have been better spent now, on my own family after that!

top topics

join