It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tar Balls Wash Up On Cocoa Beach Florida

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Tar Balls Wash Up On Cocoa Beach Florida

www.baynews9.com

Tar balls may have reached the East coast of Florida.

A gorgeous day out on the beach in Brevard County turned to worry Tuesday after tar balls began washing up.

Brevard County Emergency Management began receiving calls from beachgoers around 1:30 p.m. Tuesday who spotted them in the water in the area near Minuteman Causeway from 3rd Street South down to 6th Street South.

One beach regular said he collected five pounds in a plastic shopping bag in a short amount of time.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.orlandosentinel.com
www.wesh.com
www.floridatoday.com
www.cfnews13.com

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I searched the forum and didn't see any recent news article on this from anyone. I apologize if there already is one. In the search I typed "cocoa beach" to see if anything turned up in here on Cocoa Beach and some things did from a few years ago, but nothing in the oil. Um, aside from Cocoa Beach. I used to live in Port St. Lucie, and we did have the occasion tar balls come up..very small, never bigger than half dollar size, these tar balls showing up in Cocoa are nothing to the amount that I had ever seen before.

My neighbor (she and her husband are very much like adoptive grandparents) just came back from Pensacola. The newspapers she had and the news articles from there are really amazing. She has photos (regular film camera) that show the people who are suppose to be doing clean up just sitting around doing nothing (along with the people who are in charge of them) then, the news people go out there, they all get up and start working. The news people leave..they go and sit back down. One man when asked by her very quietly told her ( I realize this is second hand, but she is 68, with really no reason to lie..she voted for Obama
) he told her that they are actually instructed "not" to clean up the oil. Here is why..the oil is very dangerous to touch and to safely clean it up, they need to have proper suiting and masks..however, Those in charge do not want Americans to have that perception so therefore they will not let, give them the proper gear they need to clean up the oil. So they make a show for the media, but other than that, there is nothing else for them to do. She said that for some the air was unbearable and for others they characterized it as nothing more than a truck that runs on diesel driving by. The area she was in the oil balls completely covered the beach area. This is definitely worse than they are saying. I know we all know that..but its getting to where basically, they are not going to be able to cover it up as they have been.

It is my opinion that the oil spread already back in May, maybe early June through the current down to the Keys and up the part of the East coast, But not as much to cause notice. Now it will cause notice. Thats just my opinion.

www.baynews9.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-7-2010 by Nkinga]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
That is really messed up because this is the first I have heard of it reaching the Atlantic ocean.

If it is in Cocoa Beach already, it will be in Georgia within another month or two probably.

That is pretty messed up.

I remember when I was a kid around age 8, I got to visit Cocoa beach and play for a few hours one day. There were tons of jellyfish out there that day, and tons of moss on everything lol.

Thanks for the info. I guess we have not seen the half of this oil catastrophe yet. May god (or the gods) have mercy on us all.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The oil from the other area beaches were tested and they said there not
from the BP leak in the Gulf.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Well a few things there. As I stated...I lived in Port St. Lucie from 1990 to 1995..we visited Cocoa frequently and you could find us at Jensen Beach just about every single Saturday. Tar balls were very common..usually the biggest was the size of a quarter but occasionally you'd see double that size. Never once would you see 5lb sizes. Nor enough to fill a bucket or grocery bag. I'm sure that some that are tested will show that they are not from the spill..I'd say those are the ones that normally wash up...but the larger ones? well, that will be left up to the tests. One thing here with this and these tests however....after all this is a conspiracy site right? the question is with all the cover up, with all the secrecy and media closures, with the law of 65 feet back, etc etc...if the test did state that they were from the spill..would they tell us? or would they cover that up?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
So you get tar balls there usually? Hmmm...

Never knew about that.

Where do they come from? Anyone know yet?

You say big ones are super rare? Did you see the size of that bad boy in the Op's link?

Are they from natural oil leaks or something? Exactly how long has this been known? 50years? Or 200+ years?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
In the 80's it was real bad. But it happens all the time due to the oil tankers. In the 80's the smell could knock you down sometimes. Heres a current map that shows why the tankers spilling in the Atlantic ends up on the florida coastline.

magicseaweed.com...

[edit on 7-7-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
In the 80's it was real bad. But it happens all the time due to the oil tankers. In the 80's the smell could knock you down sometimes. Heres a current map that shows why the tankers spilling in the Atlantic ends up on the florida coastline.

magicseaweed.com...

[edit on 7-7-2010 by JBA2848]

Ok thanks, so it is human's fault again.

I figured as much, but was trying to bite my tongue since I did not know for sure either way.

Thanks for the quick info though.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
The oil from the other area beaches were tested and they said there not
from the BP leak in the Gulf.

That is what was said at first, then Galveston officials flip flopped, said it was tested and that it WAS from the Gulf leak.

Oil found in Texas from leak in Gulf

Link 2

I personally think by reporting at first that it is not related keeps people from questioning the truth. When they finally do tell us that it IS from the Gulf leak, they do not put it on the front page like they do when they say it is NOT from the leak. So people go with what they hear the most of, which is in fact not the truth. I guess you could go so far as to call it an intentional disinfo campaign. BY making people believe it is not related to the leak in the GUlf they subside any panic, keep people coming to their beaches and thus keep revenue coming into the state.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Nkinga

When I was a kid, we went to my Grandparent's condo in Vero Beach every winter. There was quite a bit of tar on the beach back then and I remember my grandfather keeping solvent outside the door to clean our feet with before we came into the house. This would have been late 70's, early 80's.

Not Pensacola radioactive killer tar, but tar.

top topics

join