It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antiwar protesters trash 9/11 memorial

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This is why I hate protesters......

www.whittierdailynews.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 11:33 AM
link   
" However, although officers witnessed the vandalism Saturday afternoon, police did not arrest three people seen damaging the display because they were "exercising the same freedom of speech that the people who put up the flags were,' La Habra Police Capt. John Rees said Monday. "

And this Police Captain is still cop ???????????????
He should be fired !

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I agree. As stated by Spider Robinson:
"Your freedom ends where my nose begins".

Vandalism is *not* the way to present valid points to a debate.

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   
What a disgrace! Another piss-poor way of protesting the war. I'm gald I wasn't there to witness this, I'll guarantee I'd be in jail right now!

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Nothing on those displays has ANYTHING to do with Iraq, and EVERYTHING to do with honoring those who died in 9/11. Legally though, the cop's hands were tied... Rest assurred though, the cops are likely playing a few games with these guys....

On a side note, if you are able, and haven't been to ground zero yet...it is simply an experience not to be missed. The way people stand together is truly awe-inspiring... Of course, you can also witness capitalism gone astray with all of the merchants along that fence...

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   
they are pure scum. kick them out of your country

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I have to disagree with you on this one Gaz. This memorial was on a private citizen's property, therefore it is vandalism and trespassing at the very least. Here is an excerpt from the article:

"Their free speech stops at destruction of private property. If they are allowed to come on my property and burn flags, does that mean I can go to City Hall or the police station and light their flags on fire because that is freedom of speech? To me, this is vandalism,' Collison said.

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I notice that most(notice I didn't say all) of these protesters are either dopey teenagers or college students that aren't very bright.

That might explain why this disrespectful childish act was commited.

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmericanI'm gald I wasn't there to witness this, I'll guarantee I'd be in jail right now!

...For assault...or manslaughter?...

Originally posted by jms88
I notice that most(notice I didn't say all) of these protesters are either dopey teenagers or college students that aren't very bright.

One thing I've learned in my life so far is that age has little to do with *maturity*...

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Has anyone seen the movie "Cradle 2 Grave"?

It's an ok movie, but the best part, well here's the story.

So my friend and I are watching the movie, and when the "cook" for the Boss Man that is in Jail, is approaching the Boss Man (forget the bosses name), and the "Bad@ss" bad guy like smashes his head down on the table, and stabs him in the neck with a lobster claw.

And my friend says (loud too, he has no care if others in the movie hear him
) "Man he got the worst of it!"

Then I saw your Avatar proudamerican, and thought damn that would be fun to shove that eagle beak right into their necks. Stupid peace-nicks.

More like "no-do-good-nicks"

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer

Originally posted by ProudAmericanI'm gald I wasn't there to witness this, I'll guarantee I'd be in jail right now!

...For assault...or manslaughter?...

Well, MD, maybe assault, but I would like to think cooler heads would prevail. I was just a little PO'ed when I read the article. I worked at Ground Zero for over six months trying to restore things and dont have much tolerance for people that would disrespect a memorial to the victims of that horrible day.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Advice on US law? How could this not have been trespass?

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It had to be trespassing E. I cant believe the cops didn't do anything, they said that the homeowner would have to file a complaint for anything to be done. Sounds fishy to me.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Any possibility of a fake - a mini-Reichstag fire?

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Yet again the prejudice of the ATS shows its ugly face.

Not all protestors are like this.

I am not like this.

There was no trouble when over a million people marched through London, or Rome, but you would never post that would you?

It wouldn't surprise me if they were young Republicans looking to hurt the cause of the anti-war movement, similar to the thugs who are allowed to run a mock by police at G8 protests.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Its quite easy to take a news story and stand it on its ear.

"It wouldn't surprise me if they were young Republicans..."

Typical response, but it wasn't. Basically what your saying is that such a vile act was commited that it couldn't have been done someone who is a protestor..

It's the kind of response that trys to divert away from the truth of the matter. I've seen these protesters in NYC and they are some of the most ignorant, arrogant, immature people on the face of this planet.

If you don't beleive me just watch this video....

brain-terminal.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This is not the way to protest. All that this will do is make people categorise anti-war protesters as violent thugs

On a connected note, I find it pretty disgusting that there are plans to build another office building on Ground Zero. It may be the most valuble piece of real estate on the market, but couldn't they build a park or something?

Oh, and I'm a (dopey?) teenager and proud of it!

Deimos

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I think its terrible people would disrespect a memorial as if Bush would say "oh thats it, the wars off". They seem to have gained some attention though!

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deimos_2003
On a connected note, I find it pretty disgusting that there are plans to build another office building on Ground Zero. It may be the most valuble piece of real estate on the market, but couldn't they build a park or something?

I'm just curious why you find this "pretty disgusting"?

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Basically what your saying is that such a vile act was commited that it couldn't have been done someone who is a protestor..

No.

I am saying that it wouldn't surprise me.

What part of that was difficult for you to understand?

I don't like words being rammed down my throat, so please refrain from doing so.

Just take what I say at face value.

That simple enough for you?

[Edited on 12-3-2003 by Fantastic_Damage]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join