It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Wonder Woman's New Non-Patriotic Costume) - article

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This is too good ...you can't make this stuff up, you would have to be deeply disturbed...

No more red-white-and-blue for Wonder Woman, she's gone to work for the One World Government now...Her new non-USA color scheme will be more welcoming as she embodies the legitimate aspirations of illegal aliens as they struggle for a path to citizenship...AND HAPPY 4TH OF JULY...hee-hee-hee

The link is to associatedcontent.com, dated July 5 2010...author is Mark Whittington...

Wonder Woman's New Costume: More Utilitarian, Less Patriotic

The latest pop culture controversy concerns the makeover of the classic super heroine from DC Comics, Wonder Woman. Starting with Issue 600 of her comic book, her star-spangled swim suit costume will be replaced with something more utilitarian.

Wonder Woman will be wearing black leggings, a red top with blue sleeves, a gold belt, and the iconic gold bracelets. It is much more sensible attire for fighting evil. It is also much less American.

There is a disturbing trend in American pop culture that is de-Americanizing some of its most iconic figures and making them more — well — international. This trend seems to have invaded comic books to a certain extent.

For instance, during the most recent attempt to make a Superman movie, the catch phrase, "Truth, justice, and the American way" became "Truth, justice, and all that other stuff." The excuse the film producers made at the time was that "the American way" wasn't all that popular during the presidency of the Great Satan (i.e., George W. Bush). The movie bombed at the box office, and the franchise is now in limbo for the time being.

The first attempt to make a live action G.I. Joe film ran into controversy when it was announced that the Joes would no longer be "Great American heroes" and more of an international organization. The studio attempted to smooth things over during the subsequent outcry. Indeed, the two main characters in the film were American, but the damage had been done.

Which brings us back to Wonder Woman. True, a lot of her mythos did stem from the myths and legends of ancient Greece; she was an Amazon with super powers derived from the Greek goddesses and with magic artifacts like "the lasso of truth." But, like many immigrants to America, Wonder Woman had adopted her new country with a will and her costume, with the red, white, and blue and the gold eagle on her bosom, reflected that. Wonder Woman, who was introduced in the 1940s, also fought Nazis, along with the usual assortment of super villains.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Is nothing sacred et cetera...

[edit on 5-7-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
manipulating patriotism in an adult is very very difficult, that is why these evil genius's always target the children. I was an avid comic book collecter for most of my childhood, i probably own over five thousand. and read the majority. when i look back now on the story lines and artwork, the language and the ideas promoted, i see it for what it was and is, a propaganda tool protected by the shroud of creativity.

that said i still love my comics..lol..

Stan Lee:
"the programming is strong with this one..."

star and flag for you eel!

off topic_
are you dustin diamond IRL? your avatar sorta reminds me of him......

~meathead

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Mike Stivic]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

In real life I resemble Bruce Willis turning into the Incredible Hulk version of Uncle Fester.

But all tattooed...

[edit on 5-7-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

Now, in this trailer from 2009, Wonder Woman still has her star-spangled shorts on...

and, as any fair-minded person can see, the effect is all imperialism, shock doctrine, and Blackwater...(You know, they should do a cartoon version of Amy Goodman, as some kind of a witch...That would be good for the kids)...Maybe give Wonder Woman an eating disorder, too, so she can still be a sympathetic victim, and but that way they don't have to make her fat...hmm, yeah...I'll write them a crazy letter suggesting that right now...It'll be great...

[edit on 6-7-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

join