It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100% PRO WAR = 0% INTELLIGENT

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Sorry Dom, apparently we were talking about two different articles about S Ritter. Regardless I believe that Saddam is hiding weapons and is not cooperating with inspectors. If I understand correctly, it is not entirely the inspectors job to hunt and search for weapons and/or their facilities. I think it is very feasible that he has facilities in places off the beaten path and has spent much time and money hiding them. He hasn't complied for 12 years and how many resolutions? Not to mention the countless murders he has performed, its time for a regime change if not for the safety of people outside of Iraq, but for the Iraqi's themselves.

AV, you seem to be disturbed with us talking about the inspection process and want to talk about what will happen after the war. Feel free to start a new post.

dom

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I understand the viewpoint that there's something morally good about removing Saddam. I agree.

But that's not why we're going to war. And that's the thing that winds me up about it. If only this did herald an era when we'd stand up for people who couldn't defend themselves, then I might not be so worried about the future of the Middle East, and of us all in general.

As for Iraq... we didn't carve it up, that implies making it into smaller pieces. We just carved it out.
And I don't think it's totally fair to talk about UK policy from 80 years ago, it's rather like discussing Nazi Germany with a German and asking them to defend Hitlers policies, not that I think the UK did anything quite so bad. British Empire was very successful for a time, and it wasn't always about 19th century Victorian empire. The original 18th century empire was more about respect, certainly in India (the jewel in the crown).

That said, the lesson is that all empires end in disintegration, sometimes violent disintegration, so the US doing a power grab right now will only cause bigger problems later.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I think our problems are going to be endless. I think the world is going to gang up on America and Britian, cause let's face it we are the school yard bullies.

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 03:43 PM
link   
whatever guys, i dont wanna get kicked off. freedom of speech is in here darren, you just arent trying hard enuff

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join