It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WE ARE EVACUATING - Gulf Shores, Alabama

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I absolutely, unconditionally, fully agree with everything you are saying. Even more so about the money. Get the hell out of there. you are right as
can be about our govt. When do we take em down people?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

When do we take em down people?

How does tomorrow sound? Say, about 3:15pm?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Thank you. I stand stand corrected. I think. Let me study for a while.

I hope everyone in that region has access to that info. I haven't seen it discussed on the news.

Thanks

ETA - Here is a statement from epa.gov

"EPA has observed odor-causing pollutants associated with oil on the shore in the gulf region at low levels. Some of these chemicals may cause short-lived effects like headache, eye, nose and throat irritation, or nausea. Some people may be able to smell several of these chemicals at levels well below those that would cause short-term health problems.

EPA is also conducting additional air monitoring for ozone and airborne particulate matter. The air monitoring conducted through July 2 has found levels of ozone and particulates ranging from the "good" to "unhealthy for sensitive groups" levels on EPA's Air Quality Index."

Real decisive.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by FearNoEvil]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

How does tomorrow sound? Say, about 3:15pm?

Oh, I like you. Organise and get our buts wiped or maybe not . At least we didn't sit by and take this crap.

HUH!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
You might want to head to North Dakota. I hear they have more jobs than people to fill them.

You also might want to research the area before you go. It WILL be a culture shock for you. It gets cold (60 below, your deep freeze doesn't get that cold). I grew up in the Dakotas, My children were born in Minot. People are friendly but not the way southerners are accustomed to, so it may come off as harsh, cold and unforgiving (like the winter).

There is a reason that there are more jobs than people... for the reasons I listed above.

To the OP, has the city done any air quality sampling? They are required to sample the air regularly and I assume that the findings should be readily available. Maybe check with city works/ water works or dept of public safety... they could point you in the right direction. Are you suffering from abnormal symptoms or are you just worried? Methane is not toxic in open air, in closed spaces its an asphyxiate. It is also flammable in sufficient quantities.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
There should be a MaSS exodus in the face of the EPAs denial of any health problems. That would certainly proove to the rest of the US that the GOVT is working for BP and not for you. Your death matters less than their profits. Lord only knows how many other companies have this kind of control over our GOVT. If the people of the USA do not realize that our Govt is in disrepair and needs to be thrown away and rebuilt. The World leaders DONT CARE anymore. The majority are the slaves and we have to take our control back. This disaster could be a blessing and will hopefully pull the wool off of the peoples eyes and we can have a mass uprising or the people of the world will go back to to burying their head in the sand in which case I will prob consider suicide when that time comes. Im tired of our people not giving a crap about our children and their childrens futures. More control = less freedom.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by F.A.Williams

A good story but this is ATS, I for one would like some proof that you are actually leaving. Otherwise I say "fearmongering to catch stars".

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I've vacationed twice in Golf Shores. I enjoyed it. I really hope those nice areas of the south aren't completely destroyed.

Now ... living in the south, well, that's a different story. That you shouldn't do
I mean, who can really be a Saints fan?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
It seems if methane is present at astronomical levels, its not a bad idea to boogie on out. In the presence of oxygen it produces carbon dioxide and water. In Africa there is a Lake Nyos that turned over exposing thousands and killing them from carbon dioxide. Just the idea that the methane can take on that physical property is disturbing to say the least... I am not a chemist or scientist or anything remotely close to that. I am not a fear monger either I am just saying...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeNF

Yeah!!

Go COWBOYS!!

I suppose you were looking for:

GO PACK, GO!!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Thats cause Kanye is a RACIST haha

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Nobody down there should rely on the media, government or what any avatar laden username says on this forum... they should be mostly relying on their instincts, their family, friends and neighbors (and God not the least for those who believe)... we all have instincts so use em....

Many creatures instinctively know when to flee an area. If you're smelling unusual odors, feeling unusually sick, and you're getting the same feedback from family, friends and neighbors... then get the hell out of there ASAP.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
As far as I can tell, so long as O2 stays above 19.5%, methane cannot asphyxiate anyone.

Methane MSDS

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by F.A.Williams
We are E V A C U A T I N G.
Air quality is worsening [methane gas] EPA is NOT monitoring [been working for BP]. The oil on the beaches is increasing, seeping underneath, soon to destroy our water table.
Methane gas could take you away in your sleep.
Toxic rain would contaminate the entire region, now a quarantined area,
and you would NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE.
It's time to leave. NOW.

Our government is NOT taking care of us and you CANNOT count on information. They would prefer to take me away in a body bag, asleep in my bed from methane fumes - you too, it's "easier than evacuation".

it's all MONEY honey.
Always remember that!!!

Think MONEY and you put yourselve in "their" heads.

Ok so are just you and your kin evacuating. Or is atleast 40% of the population in your erea evacuating.
See that world help in deciding if this is a real problem or just your problem.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I will be very interested in these videos..I live in s. illinois we haven't had rain for awhile now but we are in our dry season (july/august) ..everything seems fine here. Other than the smell of fireworks I haven't seen/smelled or heard of anything unusual. What do you to tell?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Good luck to you and your's. I hope everyone in the Gulf.......or should I say, in the enGulfed area stays safe. Take care.....thepapa

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
While people in the Gulf Coast are having their lives ruined this is what Tony Hayward is up to, again.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by F.A.Williams

Our government is NOT taking care of us and you CANNOT count on information.

Your government is not taking care of you? I thought everyone was against big government getting involved with private lives?

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Come Clean]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I wonder....

What if Obama said we need to spend a trillion dollars fixing and cleaning up the gulf? That it would add 2 trillion to the deficit over 10 years. That your taxes would go up as a result.

What would you guys say then?

This is going to be hard to hear. The only people who actually care about the gulf are the gulf states. The other 46 states really don't give a hoot.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Mobile, AL. here.. Don't see anything or smell anything yet.
Second line flawlessly supporting the notions in the first... Lines gotta stick together.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join