It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WE ARE EVACUATING - Gulf Shores, Alabama

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Better safe, then sorry,

White House Enacts Rules Inhibiting Media From Covering Oil Spill
By Noel Sheppard
Created 07/03/2010 - 11:28

The White House Thursday enacted stronger rules to prevent the media from showing what's happening with the oil spill in the Gulf Coast.

CNN's Anderson Cooper reported that evening, "The Coast Guard today announced new rules keeping photographers and reporters and anyone else from coming within 65 feet of any response vessel or booms out on the water or on beaches -- 65 feet."

He elaborated, "Now, in order to get closer, you have to get direct permission from the Coast Guard captain of the Port of New Orleans. You have to call up the guy. What this means is that oil-soaked birds on islands surrounded by boom, you can't get close enough to take that picture."

As the segment continued, Cooper expressed disgust with this rule repeating several times, "We are not the enemy here" (video follows with transcript and commentary, h/t Cubachi [1] via Hot Air [2]):

"We are not the enemy here"

[edit on 013131p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777]

For more on this please see:
"First Amendment suspended in the Gulf of Mexico as spill cover-up goes Orwellian"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hope all goes well for you. Perhaps we should send out the planetary distress signal... before it's too late. - Star Trek 4

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I know this counters all the fear mongering and Obama blame, but have a look at this article about the myths surrounding the oil spill.

Of course it is by the evil MSM with the all seeing eye, so it will probably be dismissed by most of you.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5senses
reply to post by indigothefish

FYI this is not a SPILL it's a LEAK!

Thank you. I've been saying that all along. There is a big difference.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Got out while you can ! Better safe then sorry !

I can shelter 0.00000001% of the population around GOM ... two persons.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Can't seem to find anything of this in the MSM yet.
Of course I will keep looking for this to be fact

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
If I lived in the area, I would definitely consider evacuating. I know it's easier said than done, but when there is no up close, independent press coverage and no word you can trust about how safe or unsafe the situation is, well with all that uncertainty, I would be looking into relocating.

I've heard experts and knowledgeable people on C2C and Rense say pretty much the same thing, which is that this particular crisis is a big unknown. We've never been in this situation before (the Ixtoc blowout comes closest, but that was in shallower water). So, we really don't know how bad it will get or when the air quality might suddenly become severely toxic. If the giant methane bubble comes up (as some fear) then you've got air that's not only deadly to breathe but flammable.

I know I'll be called a fear monger, but I'm just saying if anyone really knows up-to-the-minute air toxicology, they're not telling, and there's a serious concern that if and when the situation gets deadly, it will be too late to tell some of the population that may not make it out in time.

Erring on the side of safety, I would think that if a person can relocate now, perhaps he or she should seriously consider it. Some of the people whose businesses have been destroyed should get relocation expenses paid by BP as part of their settlement ASAP.

If we really had a free press of bulldog journalists who would sue (along with concerned scientists) to gain immediate access to all current and present data, then we might not feel the urge to relocate or evacuate, but as it is now, everyone is in the dark and depending upon BP (credibility zero) and the U.S. government which up to now has done a poor job responding to this crisis just as it failed miserably in the Katrina crisis.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
come to Canada it will be far far away from the gulf oil

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I live in Mobile,AL. and if it's that bad in Gulfshores less than 50 miles from
me I haven't heard anything.
With that said when the wind is right I can smell the oil strong @ times.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Methane gas exposure can do a lot of things to your before it kills you, it depends on the levels in the air you are breathing.

Methane Gas Exposure:

SYMPTOMS OF OVEREXPOSURE BY ROUTE OF EXPOSURE: The
most significant route of overexposure for this gas is by inhalation. The
following paragraphs describe symptoms of exposure by route of
exposure.

INHALATION: High concentrations of this gas can cause an oxygendeficient
environment. Individuals breathing such an atmosphere may
experience symptoms which include headaches, ringing in ears,
dizziness, drowsiness, unconsciousness, nausea, vomiting, and
depression of all the senses. Under some circumstances of
overexposure, death may occur.

Source: (pdf)

www.buffalowelding.com...

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Calm down everyone; BP says everything's OK; Barry Soetoro says every thing's OK. EPA says all is well. What's to worry.
What's the problem? Calm down, have another beer and focus on the TV; lots of good shows on ALL THE TIME. Don't WORRY BE HAPPY.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

BP is already spewing all over the arctic. Royal Dutch Shell is there.
.the oil shales operation will poison canada..
you got a taste of new world order methods in toronto -eh?
they'll club you like little white seals..

link   
Let's hope the A WHALE can start cleaning that stuff up ASAP.

I ALSO WONDER WHY THEY ARE NOT REPORTING MUCH OF ANYTHING TODAY ON THE 4TH

link   
How long after you evacuate until you can move back home?

It's terrifying to think of large numbers of families relocating.

It will be a night mare trying to find a home, job and food.

I wish you God speed and safety.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

i take a leak- this is a volcano of oil and toxins.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
all of your posts are fearmongering, it took me 2 seconds to realize you just want stars and flags

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I think it's outrageous that Pres. Obama doesn't make the EPA set up about 30 different monitoring stations and post results on their web site.

Our government needs to WAKE UP!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FearNoEvil

there is always this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
Just to be clear, This member is evacuating himself, there is no planned evacuations at this time. His neighbors are probably continue with their lives without ever needing to evacuate.

So... I was JUST WONDERING... do you by any chance live near the gulf coast?

I understand that you own a large amount of BP stock, and every time someone posts something of this nature you belittle their effort at self preservation, or minimize the thr factualities of the reports, that experts have publicly provided.

Tell ya what, why don't you just sit back in your cozy tar recliner and let people do what is needed for them to survive.

If it were you who faced a possiblility of going to sleep one night and not waking up the next morning because an H2S cloud came onshore and suffocated you to death, where would your BP sympathies and your BP stocks be then?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join